Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Good luck everyone! Post your V75 results here!

2»

Comments

• Options

what a joke.the US Gov. cant even build a working web site.
    got a gold in the cart,couldnt get past checkout after a million tries.
    same with the silver coin.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Site banned me and I was not able to get one. :'(

Thanks to friends that were able to get them for me I got 3 silver. :)

• Options
    SpkrmakrSpkrmakr Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020 11:49AM

An unbelievable frustrating experience and one I've grown used to in dealing with the US mint. At least they are consistent. For the last few years I have almost stopped buying US mint products because of the high percentage of poor quality products I received. I had to try for this one though. I focused on the gold and gave up when it showed no longer available. After 50+ attempts to get a silver variant I was finally able to get it into the bag. The pressure was then off for the most part excepting the start to finish with an order confirmation was 1:22 into the process. Unforgivable incompetence. 8369XXX I'm headed to the bar for a drink!! See you next week...... :#

Spkrmakr
  • Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrat's to all lucky enough to get one!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

I kept trying but it kept on crashing. no luck ;/

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

cross posting this question

so IF there are a handful of these [au v75] left [I know, I know], and the mint were to release them for sale to those 'remind me peeps, when [what time, not day] does the mint usually do that? like 6a? 8a?

there's no way ill wait for an email, so want to be ready each day at that time til they're sold out, if they don't go to sold out first ...

any experience w this appreciated

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was the worst mint lock out I have ever had! The repeatedly refilling out a captcha was painful. Could remember if I was on bikes or boats that time. Just ridiculous!

I got a silver confirmation and I show silver in the order history. But I did not receive an email... Is that bad?

• Options

theyre currently working through confirming orders - you'll get 2 emails: 1) we got your order, 2) your order has been confirmed

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Knell said:
    Just got a confirmation of my order after of more than an hour or trying. All these while logged in to a desktop pc with multiple usmint tab opened, a tablet and a phone.

@clarkbar04 said:
    It was frustrating as all heck but I got one an hour after I initially started. "Luckily" the website is so bad there are still some left!

Gold or silver?

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

I made it up through the payment stage, and it crashed on me for the gold coin. The silver coin wasn't worth hanging around for to me. A 75,000 coin mintage with a high price made this one not worth the extra effort to me.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what the buy price is on the secondary market?

I got a silver and will probably keep it but am curious....

• Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011
    Got the silver, could not even add gold in a cart in my wife's account that was logged in.

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL I had no intention of trying but I was caught up as well! I missed out tho, didn't get anything. :p

Ken
  • Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

just fyi, as soon as my order went thru at 1003am I got an email confirming my order and a text that my order went thru and just to be sure, my cc shows a charge from the mint.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a gold in the bag pretty quickly but never could get to the checkout screen before they went unavaiable. Then I added a silver to the bag but could not checkout without removing the gold. Everytime I tried to remove the gold, I received the "oops" message so very frustrating to say the least:

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Logged on, ready to go @ noon. Tried for 2 hours, refresh, refresh, refresh. Now ITEM IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.
    I'm done.

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

I managed to get two silver (didn’t even attempt gold) after nearly two hours of refreshing. At least once it made it to my cart it stayed in no matter how many times I was dropped. I’m not a flipper, just a collector setting up a gift for a couple kids

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally was able to get back into checkout and the silver one in my cart was no longer available. :#

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was trying to pick out the motorcycles and couldn't see. Then I couldn't find my glasses. When I was able to see I found out that I was banned.,, :# Finally at 1:35 I was able to get the silver, the last one I think.

For the ones that didn't get one try again in the morning. There should be a few available but they won't last long as you all know. I'll be going for the gold.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got gold in bag. but site kept crashing. Got a few silvers though

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was able to get 1945 gold ones

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, got the confirmation email now so I guess I’ll get the SAE. Took about 35-40 minutes of refreshes.

• Options
    MrbarlintMrbarlint Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

Hi gang. Relatively new coin collector/silver stacker here. I was very much looking forward to the excitement of trying to get a gold (unlikely) and/or silver coin, having never purchased directly from the mint at moment of release. Had set myself up at work with my desktop computer, iPad, phone all ready to go with the little lady on her laptop from home. Frustratingly BRUTAL experience to say the least. Was fortunate to pick up silver shortly after 1:05pm.

• Options
    oilers99oilers99 Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you can change the shipping address after your order has been confirmed? Or will this create some kind of glitch and the Mint somehow cancels the order? Thanks.

• Options

@Mrbarlint said:
    Hi gang. Relatively new coin collector/silver stacker here. I was very much looking forward to the excitement of trying to get a gold (unlikely) and/or silver coin, having never purchased directly from the mint at moment of release. Had set myself up at work with my desktop computer, iPad, phone all ready to go with the little lady on her laptop from home. Frustratingly BRUTAL experience to say the least. Was fortunate to pick up silver shortly after 1:05pm.

baptism by fire 🔥 welcome to on-sale day at the mint 😅

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:
    Got a gold in the bag pretty quickly but never could get to the checkout screen before they went unavaiable. Then I added a silver to the bag but could not checkout without removing the gold. Everytime I tried to remove the gold, I received the "oops" message so very frustrating to say the least:

Ouch that hurts! I feel for you! I was never even able to get one in the cart but if that happened, it would be like adding insult to injury!

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:
    I got a silver....barely.

Someone needs to submit a design for the "Oops something went wrong" US Mint Commemorative.

I got that one too :s

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:
    I got a silver....barely.

Someone needs to submit a design for the "Oops something went wrong" US Mint Commemorative.

Maybe DCarr can create a fantasy for it. :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Got a silver USM083526XX at 1:30. Confirmation at 6:06. No Captcha on Chrome on the phone.

• Options

What a pain in the butt that was After an hour of trying for the gold i finally got far enough to get the message they were sold out. I then managed to get a silver in the cart and spent another 45 minutes trying to pay for it which finally worked so for the headache at least i managed a silver. Question, are all of the coins that sell out that fast eligible for first strike or do you have to send them in the unopened package they came in? Thx

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

One silver.
    Got here on gold but froze. SO frustrated. Worst Mint experience ever.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

I won't take a chance and will send it in the unopened package.

• Options

@jimineez1 said:
    Got a gold at 12:02 080839xx
    Then went back and had a bunch of errors, but got a silver at 12:22 ! 081517xx

Incredible. Just Incredible. Did u get right thru w the gold? No lockouts obviously. I couldn't get any screen of any kind at that time.

• Options

@nags said:

@jimineez1 said:

I got a gold - 80830xx

As per my post above. Just incredible. No idea how u guys got gold. I have superfast internet. Couldn't get any screen of any kind before gold sell out except one second of gold add to cart then crash

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@clarkbar04 said:
    It was frustrating as all heck but I got one an hour after I initially started. "Luckily" the website is so bad there are still some left!

Gold or silver?

Just a silver, the gold went while it was still super glitchy.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@jimineez1 said:

Incredible. Just Incredible. Did u get right thru w the gold? No lockouts obviously. I couldn't get any screen of any kind at that time.

I think it locked once or twice, but I was able to get it up after that. And I'm just on DSL. My lucky day I guess o:)

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:
    got to "processing your order" on gold, but then crashed and then sold out
    got the silver after several tries

Same

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not get one... Was just trying to get the ASE.... site crashed and I was 'blocked' (like many others here)....Have checked several times this morning, still unavailable. :'( Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file