Home Sports Talk

*** WEEK 8 CONTEST TIME -- CONGRATS JRR300! ***

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 1, 2020 6:26PM in Sports Talk

same rules as before -- pick all 14 games (including the Thurs night hair-pulling contest between the Falcons n Panthers), and include the tiebreaker, which is the total points scored between the Bucs n Giants next Monday night

$25 to the smartest guy in the room, courtesy of mrs. dueces' wallet

good luck!

Comments

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picks are in

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picks in, thanks for the contest!

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry it took so long for me to get my picks in, I was struggling with the Jets vs Chiefs game.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon i received your picks, but @2dueces i did not receive yours (no message)

Picks are in. I hope. ☺️

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

got em that time!

doubledragon, 2dueces and MCMLVTopps are in like flynn

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

I'll be in there as soon as I find time to spread the paper out

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@galaxy27 said:

I'll be in there as soon as I find time to spread the paper out

Old school!!! Love it!!!

Picks are in. Thank you guys!! 👍👍🍻

@perkdog i didn't get your message either........not sure what is going on exactly

try again bro

@galaxy27 said:
    @perkdog i didn't get your message either........not sure what is going on exactly

try again bro

Copy that, doing it now.

All set @galaxy27

@perkdog said:
    All set @galaxy27

received, but i need your tiebreaker total

edited October 28, 2020 4:16PM

@perkdog said:
    All set @galaxy27

i actually found your first try just now..........it was on my activity page lol

edit: i deleted it.........hopefully no one saw

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:
    All set @galaxy27

i actually found your first try just now..........it was on my activity page lol

edit: i deleted it.........hopefully no one saw

I have definitely once or twice almost accidentally done that. I also have seen funny things on activity pages when people made that mistake. There are a lot of people here who have a message on that page and don't even know it.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just subscribed to a handicapping service called "2dueces Mortal Lock Winners" in hopes it can help improve my mediocre results from last week.

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:
    All set @galaxy27

received, but i need your tiebreaker total

Sent

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've sent my picks galaxy.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

Galaxy, picks sent.

entrants confirmed:

2dueces
    doubledragon
    perkdog
    MCMLVTopps
    Darin
    JRR300

good luck all

@JRR300 said:
    good luck all

👍👍🍻

Calling @thisistheshow Get your picks in!!

W.C.Fields
    edited October 29, 2020 4:31AM

@2dueces said:
    Calling @thisistheshow Get your picks in!!

My picks are in

Edit to add: I got a paper cut spreadin the paper, it slowed me down ..... :D

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

Picks submitted, thanks again for the contest

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-

I was in Walmart the other day and they actually had for sale a fine piece of furniture specially designed to assist sports handicappers in spreading out the paper on a flat surface to assist with pinpoint accuracy the task of trying to select NFL game winners.

Also known as a dartboard. ;)

Coinflips in.

I coinflipped the Jets, but then i changed that one to 2 out of 3 and it came out Chiefs. LOL

we're up to 10........i like it

@zippcity i need your total for the monday night breaker sir

Let’s give @galaxy27 a hand for doing the work 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

@perkdog said:
    Let’s give @galaxy27 a hand for doing the work 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

thanks again, Galaxy! I still couldn't figure out how to align the columns when I moved it from my spreadsheet . I had it lined up and looking okay, but when I posted it, they wound up all over.

no problemo fellas.........i enjoy it

i will say i'm starting to feel a little bit like richard dawson running the family feud.............except i hate to disappoint you, but i'm not about to kiss every single one of you guys on the lips.

(btw in the year 2020 it begs the question, how did he pull that off?)

@JRR300 i just create a spreadsheet, take a screenshot, drag it into this here box, and voilà

@galaxy27 said:

@JRR300 i just create a spreadsheet, take a screenshot, drag it into this here box, and voilà

thanks. I was just trying to paste it in.

@galaxy27 said:
    no problemo fellas.........i enjoy it

i will say i'm starting to feel a little bit like richard dawson running the family feud.............except i hate to disappoint you, but i'm not about to kiss every single one of you guys on the lips.

Without Richard Dawson money and the kisses

W.C.Fields

good luck fellas!

• dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

LOL. Nothing like being eliminated after the Thursday game. One of my competitors has the same picks as me except Carolina/Atlanta. Already looking forward to next week.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball

@stevek I like that you picked the Pats. You are the only one , and I hope your faith pays off. 😂

interesting that of the 14 games, there are 7 that all players picked the same, and two more where the split is 9-1. just seems a little high for a typical week.

@JRR300 said:
    interesting that of the 14 games, there are 7 that all players picked the same, and two more where the split is 9-1. just seems a little high for a typical week.

At first perusal, and correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like only @stevek took Miami over the Rams, and New England over Buffalo

@thisistheshow said:

@JRR300 said:

At first perusal, and correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like only @stevek took Miami over the Rams, and New England over Buffalo

After going 0-1 already, i'm probably going to need to win both of those games to have any chance of enjoying a $25 shopping spree on Ebay.

@thisistheshow said:

@JRR300 said:

I believe that's correct. No one else had the intestinal fortitude to take Tua and the Dolphins over the Rams...that is except for Steve K.

@JRR300 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@JRR300 said:

I believe that's correct. No one else had the intestinal fortitude to take Tua and the Dolphins over the Rams...that is except for Steve K.

Might be the reason @stevek is 2500-1.
    Could’ve been higher. He missed the Jets upset.

W.C.Fields

I didn't think any odds were posted; I didn't see any. Thought he may have been too busy to post the odds because he was treating all those paper cuts he got from spreading out the racing...er I mean betting forms! :)

@JRR300 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@JRR300 said:

It could have been intestinal fortitude involved in making those picks, but it was more likely an intestinal virus. LOL

@stevek said:

@JRR300 said:

@thisistheshow said:

@JRR300 said:

It could have been intestinal fortitude involved in making those picks, but it was more likely an intestinal virus. LOL

One pick is for sure. The Eagles roll all over Dallas. The line has moved to 10.5 and still rising. I wouldn’t doubt it to go to 12 before Sunday night.

W.C.Fields

Steve, just think of the bragging rights you'll have if Miami and New England win on Sunday!!!! It would certainly drop the odds on you, hell maybe even make you the favorite.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just can't see the Eagles beating Dallas.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

@Brick said:
    I just can't see the Eagles beating Dallas.

The Cowboys offense will have more penalties than points.

W.C.Fields