Home Sports Talk
Options

*** WEEK 8 CONTEST TIME -- CONGRATS JRR300! ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Just keep Wentz in one piece, that's all I ask!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm almost regretting my Saints over Bears pick. Might have been a mistake. Should be a good matchup.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I'm almost regretting my Saints over Bears pick. Might have been a mistake. Should be a good m, but I can't see the Bears I thought about that one for a while, but I just don't think the bears can score enough to pull it out.

• Options

Not sure what happened there. It was supposed to say
    I thought about that one for a while, but I just don't think the Bears can score enough oints to pull it out.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

After losing the Thursday game, I'm willing to sell my stake in this contest for 5 cents or best offer.

No PayPal or checks, cash only please, US coinage.

Payment must be received by game time Sunday, no IOU's accepted.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    After losing the Thursday game, I'm willing to sell my stake in this contest for 5 cents or best offer.

I don't think your loss on Thursday night is gonna sink your ship. However, I think your picks of New England and the Dolphins will torpedo you. You are the only one to have made those selections. The erratic Newton and Tua's debut was a bit of a sketchy pick, but who knows, you may win them both, if so, you will do ok.

At least we all get to enjoy the environs of Lincoln Field today...I'll be pulling for your Eagles!
    Enjoy the games.

• Options

This week's winner may be decided by the time the 4:00PM games come around. The Steelers-Ravens and the Colts-Lions will most likely be the deciding games.....that is, until the Dolphins and Patriots pull off their upsets.

Good luck all.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@stevek said:

I don't think your loss on Thursday night is gonna sink your ship. However, I think your picks of New England and the Dolphins will torpedo you. You are the only one to have made those selections. The erratic Newton and Tua's debut was a bit of a sketchy pick, but who knows, you may win them both, if so, you will do ok.

At least we all get to enjoy the environs of Lincoln Field today...I'll be pulling for your Eagles!
    Enjoy the games.

Thanks for the good tidings on the Eagles.

Winning the NFC East would ensure the Eagles of at least one home field game...and if they can gather some end of season momentum, well anything can happen. :)

Yea, i badly need those two games you mentioned or it's going to be another frustrating contest week for me. I tried to hack Galaxy's CU account to see Perkdog's picks, and then i was going to submit the exact same picks, but i was unable to figure out his password.

• Options

Pats close til the end. Newton fumbles the ball in sure field goal range with less than a minute to play and the Bills escape with a win.

• Options

And Lamar Jackson solely responsible for the Steeler win. A pick six, an INT at the start of the 3rd that leads to a Steeler TD when pitt can't even move the ball, and some pretty lousy throws most of the day.

• Options
    edited November 1, 2020 4:16PM

Boy, did I stink it up!! Already 5 down. :(

• Options

5-7 so far.

I may need to get a different coin. 🤔

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2020 6:29PM

i made a mistake with JRR300's picks (it was bound to happen sooner or later), and here's the proof:

i put him down for the Chargers, when clearly he chose the Broncos. and believe it or not, correcting that gaffe gives him the victory this week. he has missed the least number of games thus far (4), and there's no way for anyone to catch him because tonight and tomorrow's nights picks are all the same (except for stevek's Tampa-NYG pick, but he's more than one loss behind).

everyone please check your picks and make sure i didn't goober yours, too

unless there is another mistake somewhere, congrats JRR300!

• Options

Congrats to Joe! :)

• Options

Felicidades @JRR300

• Options

Gotta love the NFL, every week brings some surprises.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 Message me your PayPal. P. S. Nobody tell Mrs. Dueces. I’m waiting until she’s asleep tonight and raiding her coin purse. Shhhh

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    @JRR300 Message me your PayPal. P. S. Nobody tell Mrs. Dueces. I’m waiting until she’s asleep tonight and raiding her coin purse. Shhhh

Hold the money. I'll put it up for next week. That way, we all get to play again.

• Options

Thank you all. Looks like my dartboard was working well this week.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats @JRR300! Good job 👏🍻🏈

• Options

Congrats JRR300...I went down early.

• Options

someone else will have to spearhead this weekend's contest, as i will be at the pga tour event here in Houston -- the first tournament on U.S. soil to allow spectators since march. so completely stoked about it.

catch you guys on the flip side!

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    someone else will have to spearhead this weekend's contest, as i will be at the pga tour event here in Houston -- the first tournament on U.S. soil to allow spectators since march. so completely stoked about it.

Good for you, Galaxy. Enjoy the tournament.
    I can fill in again, but Thursday is my away day, so I don't have computer access, why is why I didn't count the Thurs game last time. If that's okay, then I'll handle the duties this week. Let me know what you all are thinking.

• Options

@JRR300 said:

@galaxy27 said:

I can fill in again, but Thursday is my away day, so I don't have computer access, why is why I didn't count the Thurs game last time. If that's okay, then I'll handle the duties this week. Let me know what you all are thinking.

Don’t count Thursday. We can find a winner with out it. Besides I’m terrible on Thursday night. 😉

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

Don’t count Thursday. We can find a winner with out it. Besides I’m terrible on Thursday night. 😉

Okay by me. Any others????

• Options

@JRR300 👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    @JRR300 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Hey let’s have a hand for Mrs Dueces. She’s eating tuna and Ramon noodles all week because of me. 😂😂😂

W.C.Fields
  • Options

There's an old CU Sports Talk saying:

He who funds the contest, makes the rules. ;)

• Options

@2dueces said:

@thisistheshow said:
    @JRR300 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Hey let’s have a hand for Mrs Dueces. She’s eating tuna and Ramon noodles all week because of me. 😂😂😂

I agree . In all seriousness, my apologies.

Here's to Mr and Mrs Dueces.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:

@galaxy27 said:

I'll be watching. Enjoy the tournament. Who do you like?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2020 12:40PM

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

I'll be watching. Enjoy the tournament. Who do you like?

your guess is as good as mine. it's a brand new track for these guys, so there is no historical reference to go by. if there is one guy who is actually familiar with the course it's Koepka -- he was a consultant in the renovation efforts. (it's a public muni that anyone can play for under $40.) tree & bunker density was lessened, so there are generous landing areas. it's long (that's what she said?) and plays over 7,400. there are 5(!) par 5s, so expect these guys to whip out the big stick early and often (that's what she said?) in order to capitalize. should be a fun watch with lots of birdies and eagles to be had.

since i'm clearing flaming, i'll move on to your question. i fancy a bomber, so why not Tony Finau? dude is way, way overdue for his 2nd tour win.

• Options

@BLUEJAYWAY

1st hole is a brute -- par 4, 522 yards

• Options

Par 4 522 yards. Driver, 7 iron for these guys.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Par 4 522 yards. Driver, 7 iron for these guys.

I was going to say driver and wedge.