Home Precious Metals

35% drop in US dollar predicted

bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
I give away money. I collect money.
I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

Comments

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that ought to be good for the product export and regional tourist industries. Will make imports to the US relatively expensive, so good for domestic manufacturers, and hotel and hospitality once folks start getting their annual 'rona shot as well as their flu shot. Good for gold and silver too right! So, um, yay?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not good for those earning and spending dollars. Will result in higher PM prices but that's not really great unless you are getting paid in PMs.

Dollar collapsing? Another conspiracy theory bearing fruit.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good point! So, boo?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think US markets are going to go into shock when the presidential election (and other US election races) don't have an immediate winner. Markets hate uncertainty and I think that is where we can see the $$$ start tanking as people begin to question the results and how/when this will get resolved.

People are underestimating the amount of time, number of issues and subsequent fights between the two sides that will occur as mail-in ballots are counted. Hold onto your pants over the next few weeks...

US economic stability is not determined by politicians, it is determined by bankers. Bankers however have learned to use "political climate" to steer policy.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hold your gold.... quite likely we will be seeing it rise significantly.... especially if the dollar tanks. Cheers, RickO

35% drop in dollar index is unlikely. The competing currencies won't stand for it. They will weaken their money in tandem. Currency wars are not new.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for gold and silver.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good, now I will finally have almost worthless paper to go along with my gutter metal. Should of bought more butter and beans!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2020 11:58AM

Yale University's senior fellow Stephen Roach, one of the world’s leading authorities on Asia, expects the US dollar to decline by 35% against other major currencies due to ballooning fiscal deficits.

I wonder if Stephen takes into account what ballooning fiscal deficits in Asia and elsewhere are doing to "other major currencies".

Should of bought more butter and beans!

Well, the question is whether it's too late to get in on the butter & beans panic...

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

it will probably fall at least 5 percent the day the 2nd stimulus package goes through

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

nah

the dollar is the reserve currency and so many people are looking to the usa for the guiding light through this. free money seems to be what the world is doing and expecting. the dollar can still fall but not 5% due to the common solution to the common goal.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still got 3 cans of beans for $1.00. No 35% drop reported in the commonwealth. Regards!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

true but they have reduced the content weight :/ > @blitzdude said:

Still got 3 cans of beans for $1.00. No 35% drop reported in the commonwealth. Regards!

• Just a matter of time. Hold your pm's.