Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Tom Brady REFRACTOR Investing.

coindude88coindude88 Posts: 61

Watching these explode a step or two higher is what I've been waiting for now for over half a decade since I've been collecting Tom Brady Refractors/Prizms and investing in them.

I resell any off-center, dinged-corner'd, scratched, or issue cards and am left now with 68 PRISTINE specimens that are all 9's and 10's!

**_-68 Refractors! (65 TOPPS CHROME, 2 PANINI PRIZM SILVERS SP, 1 BOWMAN CHROME.)

• 10 serial #'d! (2014 Sepia #/99, 2014 Black #/299, 2014 Pink #/399, two 2014 Camo #/499, 2014 Bowman Blue #/199, 2008 Copper #/425, 2008 Copper SP #/425, two 2015 Camo #/499.)_**

How much do you think this rare lot would take in?!? Would take no less than $4-5k as these have been cherrypicked and are in pristine condition and are ready for grading!

Comments

• shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

Grade them yourself first if trying to sell. Don’t sell as a lot

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

great collection. I am more in tuned to toms rookie year stuff, so I cant really weigh in on value, but those look great! at your valuation, it would be about $75-$100 each on average.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• @craig44 said:
    great collection. I am more in tuned to toms rookie year stuff, so I cant really weigh in on value, but those look great! at your valuation, it would be about $75-$100 each on average.

Thanks, Craig. Many hours of hard work and research to put these boys together! :)

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

$2200 and a topps tiffany griffey, again. 😉

• @blurryface said:
    $2200 and a topps tiffany griffey, again. 😉

Meet me at 3k even and I'll throw that one in ;)

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm confused. Is the OP trying to sell this lot, trying to see if it would be worth sending to PSA, or wondering what he should ask if he were to lit the lot on eBay?

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:
    I'm confused. Is the OP trying to sell this lot, trying to see if it would be worth sending to PSA, or wondering what he should ask if he were to lit the lot on eBay?

No clue

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

I'm too sexy for 'coindude''s attempt here.

'coin dude' is just too obvious. Ugha Bugha .

another reason we aren't in a bubble. the coin shortage is pushing those collectors into our hobby. we just have to accept change. my two cents at least!

Dang you !!! Well ok.

i don't have a buffalo nickel icon. if i did, i would give you a nickel back...

• mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

I guess I am going to be that guy and say it, but there is no way "ungraded" that the lot pictured would sell for 4-5k, in fact, I would estimate 1-1.5k to be high end for that. I understand that those are the cream of the crop condition-wise if they are as described, but it is virtually impossible to sell on the basis of what something "might grade". It would be akin to me asking 2k for ungraded Griffey Jr UD Rookies simply because I think they would all grade high. Once graded and they all come back PSA 10, then I would agree you are looking at potentially a 4-5k lot.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY

Why you gettin’ all scientific and stuff .

edited October 21, 2020 7:11PM

@Horse said:
    Why you gettin’ all scientific and stuff .

because.

i want a brand new house on an episode of cribs
    and a bathroom I can play baseball in... 😉

• dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭✭

@mtcards said:
    I guess I am going to be that guy and say it, but there is no way "ungraded" that the lot pictured would sell for 4-5k, in fact, I would estimate 1-1.5k to be high end for that. I understand that those are the cream of the crop condition-wise if they are as described, but it is virtually impossible to sell on the basis of what something "might grade". It would be akin to me asking 2k for ungraded Griffey Jr UD Rookies simply because I think they would all grade high. Once graded and they all come back PSA 10, then I would agree you are looking at potentially a 4-5k lot.

I have to agree. I have absolutely no idea what this stuff is worth, but if you are asking PSA 9 or 10 prices for ungraded cards, there is no way. Have you subbed to PSA before? Most people are shocked at their first submission how low their grades are. PSA's standards are extremely high and unless you've gone through it before, you could easily be surprised. Have you looked at the cards under 10x magnification?

Before I started grading, I had a 1987 Donruss McGwire that I thought was absolutely pristine and thought about joining PSA just to submit that card. Years later after I had been submitting with PSA for a while I ran across that card again and couldn't believe that I used to think it was gradable. It was probably only a 7 or 8, and the flaws were now very evident, but to my untrained eye years earlier I just didn't see the flaws.

Don

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

previous comments are correct. you cannot expect graded card prices for raw.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Will admit though, the lot is pretty cool. I got a little stack of Jordan’s in with a friend’s group sub, All commons though. Wish it was this lot !