Home U.S. Coin Forum

I'm a glutton for punishment...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. I know, I just went through a whole box. I figured, why not? Besides, its Friday and I'm going on vacation! Yes! 2 weeks. Not sure what to do yet? Haven't decided. At least I didn't get a whole box, so my hands will only get half dirty, right? Lol.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prediction (based on the rolls):
    60% will be Shieldbacks.
    38% will be post 1982.
    2% copper post 1962.

• AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

Send me $100 and I'll give you two rolls with coins from 1909 - 1958 minus the keys. A few are toned nicely. Lol

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's good!

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Lol. I know, I just went through a whole box. I figured, why not? Besides, its Friday and I'm going on vacation! Yes! 2 weeks. Not sure what to do yet? Haven't decided. At least I didn't get a whole box, so my hands will only get half dirty, right? Lol.

Not half dirty, but you'll only have to wash them ten times

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe members of the forum could schedule an intervention to help you.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcde12345 said:
    Prediction (based on the rolls):
    60% will be Shieldbacks.
    38% will be post 1982.
    2% copper post 1962.

Probably. Lol. You forgot to mention one coin that I'll be finding. The 1992p Close AM. Lol ;)

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

@ShaunBC5 said:
    @joeykoins be like “I could stop any time! It’s a choice, not a problem!”
    Have fun with your time off! Do whatever it is that brings you joy. You deserve it.

Why, thank you my coin brother. ;)

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    That's good!

:#

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll guess there are 2 MS 64s, 27 MS 62s, 284 EF45s, and a few varieties yet discovered.

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    I'll guess there are 2 MS 64s, 27 MS 62s, 284 EF45s, and a few varieties yet discovered.

I hope you're RIGHT! Lol. Thanks

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins
    Good luck and happy vacation.
    But I do have one burning question.
    What happens when you get really excited about something? :wink:

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... the picture is not in your car? What patience.... :D Good luck with your search.... Cheers, RickO

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with your search, I'm hoping you will find something good.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)

@ricko said:
    Wow... the picture is not in your car? What patience.... :D Good luck with your search.... Cheers, RickO

Lol. The picture was taken from in my car! The rolls are in my storage compartment next to my seat. Lol. You should know me better, RickO. :D

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins .... I suspected that... but thought maybe, just maybe, you contained your cointhusiasm for the short ride home. :D Cheers, RickO

• RandomsRandoms Posts: 157 ✭✭✭

Buy some disposable gloves. It saves you from having to wash so much.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know there's medication for this condition. Enjoy your vacation. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

edited October 12, 2020 8:45AM

So far, I went through 13 rolls. Nothing but a few wheats and this. A possible DD? Can you guy's help me to determine whether what I found is one (DD) or not? The 1983. I did weigh it, it's normal. I know about serifs but not much, maybe just one? I did picture one. Just mainly splits in the letters? I do realize, If It is, it's probably just a minor DD? Thanks guy's.

Just found a couple more interesting individuals. A toned beauty and a die chip special.

• IkesTIkesT Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use cotton gloves for coin roll hunting - they keep my hands clean but don't hold the moisture in.

• mothra454mothra454 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    So far, I went through 13 rolls. Nothing but a few wheats and this. A possible DD? Can you guy's help me to determine whether what I found is one (DD) or not? The 1983. I did weigh it, it's normal. I know about serifs but not much, maybe just one? I did picture one. Just mainly splits in the letters? I do realize, If It is, it's probably just a minor DD? Thanks guy's.

Hmmmm maybe. We need higher magnification to be sure :D

Successful BST transactions with: Cameonut, Rob41281

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 12, 2020 7:12PM

There is a doubled die obverse for the 83 cent. (More than one)
    I own an example, unfortunately
    I do not have a picture.

Check Wexler’s site.

https://doubleddie.com/828823.html

1983 1c WDDO-001
    I own an example of this DDO

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
    edited October 13, 2020 9:01AM

Here is the coin. Beat up but the real deal nevertheless.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file