Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Reference material recommendations please

Hi, I’m looking to expand my hometown set of tokens and economies into currency. Could the forum offer recommendations for reference materials on notes from Kalamazoo Michigan?

Any books critical to buy?

Comments

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2020 12:17PM

I checked EBay and there's no books on Kalamazoo National Currency. Try this out and see if it helps.

https://www.pmgnotes.com/news/article/6070/The-17-Most-Important-US-Paper-Money-Books-That-Should-Be-In-Your-Library/

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

Try 'Michigan Paper Money: Obsolete, Scrip, and National Bank Notes', by Wallace G. Lee, Krause Publications.

It does have some information on both scrip and nationals for Kalamazoo. It is otherwise a very good book.

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

_Try 'Michigan Paper Money: Obsolete, Scrip, and National Bank Notes', by Wallace G. Lee, Krause Publications.

It does have some information on both scrip and nationals for Kalamazoo. It is otherwise a very good book._

Yes, that's the book to get for all things paper from Michigan.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! I ordered the Michigan book

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wallace Lee had an amazing collection of Michigan National Bank notes. Dr. Lee (1929 - 2017) was a dentist who regularly set up currency displays at the Michigan State coin shows and had a dealer table as well. His book should be everything you need.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    Wallace Lee had an amazing collection of Michigan National Bank notes. Dr. Lee (1929 - 2017) was a dentist who regularly set up currency displays at the Michigan State coin shows and had a dealer table as well. His book should be everything you need.

Thank you, I did end up buying the Lee book.