coins for sale at link below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yGharuQgUMTSUKav7

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was born in Amsterdam in 1955.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Throat cancer. End of an era

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

:'(

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too young, saw him with the band in PDX in Sept 27, l978 at the MC, great show, original Eruption, first album played. RIP VH.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the greatest guitarists of all time😇. Loved his band when David Lee Roth was lead singer. It was a real loss when they broke up. I had no idea he was sick. Thanks for the info!🎸🎸🎸🎶🎶🎶

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great story and photo, Sirius!
    Polk audio, bud, enough said.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of the soundtrack of my early school years....a legend.

@SiriusBlack that’s awesome

• Options
    Winchester1873Winchester1873 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2020 2:02PM

I am still baffled how he could make a guitar sound like it does in the opening and before the solo in _And the Cradle Will Rock.

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just heard about this a couple hours ago. I’ve been remodeling a home next door to him
    the last 2 years. I used to see home a couple times a week when he got his mail. We would just
    wave hello to each other.
    I heard a bunch of hammering and noises over there this morning so I just thought he was
    having some minor work done.

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

Changed the way the git-box was played. Along with the Beatles on Ed Sullivan, man on the moon, and the Kennedy assassination, hearing Eddie for the first time is something I'll always remember.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listened to him all throughout my teen years. I idolized him. I knew he was sick but this news still hits me pretty hard. RIP Legend. :'(

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2020 2:10PM

@CoinscratchFever said:

@messydesk said:
    Damn.

(Someone will get it.)

Man, that's crazy.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just put on Van Halen cd....RIP

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2020 4:06PM

A lot of fond musical memories...

Given that he died of throat cancer, him smoking two cigarettes during the above 13:05 minute solo seems like foreshadowing...

A shining star and colorful guy...

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP EVH!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2020 3:12PM

Wow, that sucks. An obvious influence on guitar players around the world. RIP Edward. :(

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,556 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bummer. I'm sorry to hear that

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP EVH

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had the opportunity to see him with Dave and Sammy, heard it on the radio on the way home from work, instant goosebumps. Take your whiskey home brother, RIP EVH.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw Van Halen 3 or 4 times in the early 80's. Definitely one heck of a show. I even caught a guitar pick from his base player at one show, that was very cool. R.I.P. Mr. Eddie Van Halen

Trade $'s
  • Options
    JimWJimW Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭

Sad day, RIP Eddie.

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• Options
    SnapsSnaps Posts: 187 ✭✭✭✭

I saw Van Halen and Black Sabbath in 1978 in the Coliseum Music Hall in Houston, Tx. Awesome concert. RIP Eddie.

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this as I left my office today, waiting for my car to warm up. Sad day indeed. One of the most influential guitar players, ever. I know he inspired the hell out of me as a young rocker.

You really got me Eddie

2020 ... we lost one of the greatest drummers (Neil Peart) and one of the greatest guitarists (Edward Van Halen) of all time. Both super influential, and both some of the greatest showmen of their time.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    AzjediAzjedi Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2020 9:24PM

:'( sad I am a big fan he inspired me to keep trying to play his awesome songs like "Jump"

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Guitarist. He will be missed. RIP.

• Options
    JonBrand83JonBrand83 Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sad when I heard this. One of the best.

Jbknifeandcoin.com
    IG: jb_rarities

• Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2020 4:24PM

RIP

I was there 4th of July 1981 weekend in Detroit. Great show!! Ticket is a little faded.

Main floor $11.oo. If only now!!

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2020 6:10PM

My first concert was the 1984 Tour. The opening song was Unchained. Thank you Eddie for the music and the memories that will live for a very long time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn8APTMyKsg

https://wycovintage.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/11306011-img1589.jpg

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2020 10:26PM

@Snaps said:
    I saw Van Halen and Black Sabbath in 1978 in the Coliseum Music Hall in Houston, Tx. Awesome concert. RIP Eddie.

Saw the same show at New Haven Coliseum. Two of my favorite bands of all time. He always looked like he was having such a great time. RIP

• Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

I met Eddie just as Van Halen was getting well known at Handlebars Saloon in Pasadena. He played Eruption with one foot on a chair. It was perfect. We met outside in the alley, smoking Marlboro Reds and talking guitar, motorbikes and cars. He had a Norton motorcycle decal on his guitar case which caught my eye. Rest In Eternal Peace Eddie.❤

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file