Home Precious Metals

Just showing what I’ve been up to since the beginning of the year!

I haven’t posted in quite a while but I have been peeking in now and then. I could never stay away completely. This is the best site by far. But I started stacking silver at the beginning of the year and I wanted to show you all where I’m at. I have purchased quite a bit from the BST forum which I found many great deals and many great members. I have been looking for an opportunity to become active here again and here’s my shot. Also, I hope I have not offended anyone back when I made an idiotic comment/picture on my post. And I apologize. Hopefully most of you don’t even remember.

So I have accumulated about 450 ounces so far and plan to continue adding when I can. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

Comments

• USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

Good mixture

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope I have not offended anyone back when I made an idiotic comment/picture on my post.

I certainly don't recall you making any idiotic comments, and even if you did - you would have had plenty of competition. ;)

So I have accumulated about 450 ounces so far and plan to continue adding when I can. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Question - are you shopping around for the best price, or do you pursue the types of bullion that strike your fancy at the moment? Do you have a methodology for cataloging your holdings and tracking your cost basis, because the variety of bullion I see is quite an assortment.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the railroad spike,, how much does it weigh?

It's all about what the people want...

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice 🙂

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite the variety for the pirate chest, nice.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that is quite an assortment of silver items... from coins to spikes....and a lot in between. Difficult to stack some of those items :D Cheers, RickO

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice collection and cool picture!
    Fun to pack back into your lock-box

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like what’s in that picture.

• DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    I hope I have not offended anyone back when I made an idiotic comment/picture on my post.

I certainly don't recall you making any idiotic comments, and even if you did - you would have had plenty of competition. ;)

Question - are you shopping around for the best price, or do you pursue the types of bullion that strike your fancy at the moment? Do you have a methodology for cataloging your holdings and tracking your cost basis, because the variety of bullion I see is quite an assortment.

I am shopping for the best prices and dips but it took a better part of year to figure it out. I have a LCS selling at $2 over spot so I’ve been a regular..

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

@LukeMarshall said:
    I like the railroad spike,, how much does it weigh?

Thanks, it’s 10 ounces and I got it from YPS Yeagers Poured Silver. Check them out decent prices. All the stuff in that lower corner is from them

@DiggerJim said:

@jmski52 said:

I am shopping for the best prices and dips but it took a better part of year to figure it out. I have a LCS selling at $2 over spot so I’ve been a regular..

Also, yes I have it documented on excel. Tracking date, price I paid, current spot price. Grams per purchase, total of grams then Troy ounces then Troy pounds and finally my return on my investment. Hopefully I have it covered.

Thanks

@jmski52 said:

Also jmski52, that idiotic comment/picture landed me in Collectors Universe "Jail" for a month. Which I was quite embarrassed about which kept me away for I believe the last 6-7 months. But I will continue reaping the high level of knowledge you all have given so freely.

Thanks again

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet. I go this chain from an engineer who was recently laid off from the railroad. These are tough times.

Good for you. Stack on brothers and sisters.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool stuff! :)

• LongarmLongarm Posts: 89 ✭✭

Not bad for a start, keep stacking.

• MrbarlintMrbarlint Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

I really like the variety in your collection. Might you add a silver statue or two?

To be honest I never thought of statues. How are the premiums on them? Probably high would be my thought.