Home Sports Talk

Who will win first, Cowboys or Eagles ?

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cowboys should start 0-7.
Eagles look a little better, but not much.

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure...i'm just waiting for the Big Ten season to begin.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cowboys just won. Sorry stevek.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2020 3:48PM

Talk about the worm turns.

As a Rams fan I lamented them taking Goff over Wentz for 4 years.

Today, Goff looked better than Wentz.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2020 6:01PM

Doesn't bother me a bit. However,.......in fact......most of the problems so far this season for those two teams have been inflicted on them by the most underrated quarterback in the NFL. Wake up fans. Everybody hates Los Angeles and California. That clouds their reasoning ability. Watch Goff roll.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2020 7:05PM

The Eagles will be lucky to win three games this year. They’ve got nothing going for them.

The days of the “same old (losing) Eagles” have returned.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
    edited September 20, 2020 8:47PM

@Hydrant said:
    I agree Bill. In the game today they looked hapless. The only high point for them was the result of the worst play in Cooper Kupp's entire career. Other than that they were pathetic. And as for Wentz.....stop it already! He was HORRIBLE! O.K.,....I'm guilty! I don't like the Eagles.......Because....I attend a LOT of NFL football games.....and the Eagle fans, at home AND away games, are the most obnoxious, insulting, rude, crowd I have ever encountered. How do I really feel about the Eagles..............?

@BillJones said:
    The Eagles will be lucky to win three games this year. They’ve got nothing going for them.

The days of the “same old (losing) Eagles” have returned.

I might start analyzing the high draft picks coming out in April because the Eagles may very well have one. :|

@Hydrant said:

@Hydrant said:
    I agree Bill. In the game today they looked hapless. The only high point for them was the result of the worst play in Cooper Kupp's entire career. Other than that they were pathetic. And as for Wentz.....stop it already! He was HORRIBLE! O.K.,....I'm guilty! I don't like the Eagles.......Because....I attend a LOT of NFL football games.....and the Eagle fans, at home AND away games, are the most obnoxious, insulting, rude, crowd I have ever encountered. How do I really feel about the Eagles..............?

Yea, but give us credit where credit is due...we can throw a D size battery with considerable accuracy and hit an opposing player on the helmet at 50 yards, or further if it's with the wind.

@hammer1 said:

Hammer, during those 4 years as a Rams fan did you lament that Goff, in his first year as a starter, led what was probably the worst team in the NFL in 2016 to a division title in 2017? Did you lament that in 2018 he was the youngest quarterback in the history of the NFL to appear in the Super Bowl? Did you see the head to head matchup between Goff and Mahone? Did you notice who won that game? Wentz??....give me a break. Today was his big chance to show the world that he was #1 in that draft, not #2 behind Goff. And he knew it. And he choked. I wish him the best.

edited September 20, 2020 10:43PM

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2020 8:35AM

@Hydrant said:

@hammer1 said:

Hammer, during those 4 years as a Rams fan did you lament that Goff, in his first year as a starter, led what was probably the worst team in the NFL in 2016 to a division title in 2017? Did you lament that in 2018 he was the youngest quarterback in the history of the NFL to appear in the Super Bowl? Did you see the head to head matchup between Goff and Mahone? Did you notice who won that game? Wentz??....give me a break. Today was his big chance to show the world that he was #1 in that draft, not #2 behind Goff. And he knew it. And he choked. I wish him the best.

You're arguing with the wrong guy.

I'm a die hard Rams fan since Roman Gabriel took over as QB in '63.

Wentz can run. Goff can't run.

The few games I've see of Wentz he completes many passes with the ball in the air for 40+ yards. Goff doesn't complete that many 40+ even with great receivers.. That is the true test of a QB, being able to go deep.

I want Goff to be Brady. He isn't. And only today he looked better than Wentz. Like I said I only watch a handful of Wentz' games. The announcers today, who I assume have seen more of Wentz than me, repeatedly said Wentz was having an off day.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2020 11:15AM

Wentz hasn't been the same since he was injured a few years ago. He just hasn't been the same. It has to be because of that statue of Nick Foles and Doug Pederson. I know that's really what's behind all of Wentz's struggles. It's that damn statue. He probably hasn't gotten over that whole Nick Foles Super Bowl thing, and seeing that statue every time you go to work probably doesn't help. Either that, or the Eagles just suck.

The bad thought has been creeping into my mind lately that it's possible Wentz may not be a unanimous first ballot hall of famer one day. 🤔

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@Hydrant said:

@Hydrant said:

@Hydrant said:

listen Hydrant , you can't be quoting the other hydrant's secret edited post like that or you will get him in trouble .

while I have you on the line , how about putting back your old avatar from 5 years ago ?

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,
    May the best team win.
    E....A....G....L....E....S !!!!
    Colors are so distracting

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might want to add Vikings to the list now that Cowboys have won.

Anthony Barr out for season, plus injuries to a couple of starting cornerbacks.

Minnesota will have 3-4 regulars from last years squad starting this week.

Offensive line is still a mess.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas and Philadelphia are 1-2 after this week.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2020 7:41AM

After week 3, there's just 1 win total for the both of them combined, and one tie. Spectacular start for the NFC East.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will the NGC be the first division to send a sub .500 team to the playoffs? Could be. I can’t see any of these teams, except the Cowboys, winning most of their games this year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

I'm looking forward to the bye week. :/

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Vikings fan, I might need to be looking forward to next year's draft. :-(

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like the record for the worst division in the history of the NFL, set just last year by the NFC East, will stand for only one year. The 2020 NFC East is on track to establish a standard of putridity that may stand for all time. Their current record of 1-8-1 against real football teams (i.e., the rest of the NFL) is mind-boggling, unless you've seen them play, or try to play, football in which case the only question is how even one real team managed to lose to them.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.

The only good news for the Eagles is that at least they're not the New York Giants. :p

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    Will the NGC be the first division to send a sub .500 team to the playoffs? Could be. I can’t see any of these teams, except the Cowboys, winning most of their games this year.

AFAIK, it's happened twice before. Seattle and Carolina each did it within about the last decade .

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched the entire Eagles-Bengals game just to see how Joe Burrow is doing. The Eagles were brutal during regulation, but then went beyond brutal in OT. It was really bad. And I’m not saying that to poke fun. It was just really disorganized football. They looked like the 3rd string in their first preseason game.

I just read where the NFL officially renamed the division the NFC Least.

They’re doing what they do best again. Great Dallas defense today, eh ?

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:
    They’re doing what they do best again. Great Dallas defense today, eh ?

This is not a good defense.

No longer the "Hot Boyz"

If the Eagles win tonight, they would vault into 1st place in the NFC Least.

I can hardly contain my excitement. :|

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

I can hardly contain my excrement . :|

FTFY

If the NFC East didn’t play each other twice 6-10 might win the division.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

I can hardly contain my excrement . :|

FTFY

Thanks Bronco for helping the Eagles win tonight.

I think your post made the difference.

Thanks again!

• ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine - getting your first win in week 4, and vaulting to the top of this miserable division!

UPDATE: the NFC East is now 2-13-1 against real football teams. I don't care how old you are, or how long you live going forward - you have never witnessed, and will never again witness, a division as putrid as this. CK pretty much ended my interest in the NFL, but the NFC East is making me pay attention again. I was born too late to watch the 1962 Mets, but no way am I going to miss an entire division of teams who can only dream about being as good as the Amazins.

It just got worse for the NFC East...Dak Prescott is out for the season with an ankle injury.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wentz is what he is. He is. Ondide> @stevek said:

It just got worse for the NFC East...Dak Prescott is out for the season with an ankle injury.

He loves the fact that he decided it was a bad idea to take that 100 million the Cowboys offered him 🙄

@perkdog said:
    Wentz is what he is. He is. Ondide> @stevek said:

He loves the fact that he decided it was a bad idea to take that 100 million the Cowboys offered him 🙄

It's a "compound fracture" from what I've read.

I'm not sure at all how well that type of injury permanently heals. Probably from a normal civilian standpoint it's not that big a deal for normal use of a leg. But how it heals as far as professional football use is another question.

I would guess when he comes back, the Cowboy's trainers will tape the living chit out of it before each game. However how that affects his mobility to be able to run, and be effective as a quarterback such as planting his feet, etc, is indeed another question.

I wonder which pain is greater for him right now? The ankle or not taking that 100 million bucks?

@stevek said:

It can actually get worse ?

@Goldenage said:

@stevek said:

It can actually get worse ?

I've read where this division may turn out to be the worst of all time in the NFL.

Just another Philly record i would prefer not to be associated with. :'(

@stevek said:
    I've read where this division may turn out to be the worst of all time in the NFL.

Just another Philly record i would prefer not to be associated with. :'(

I hate to break it to you, but the Eagles are already associated with that record. The worst division record the NFC East is chasing this year was set by the NFC East last year. I know there are fans of most if not all of the teams in that division here on the boards, and I fear that is blinding some of you to just how truly horrible each and every team in this division really is.

@dallasactuary said:
    UPDATE: the NFC East is now 2-13-1 against real football teams.

UPDATE: the NFC East is now 2-16-1 against real football teams.

The two teams they have somehow beaten are a combined 6-11.

The record for worst division is currently held by the 2019 NFC East, with a record of 12-28.

@dallasactuary said:

@dallasactuary said:
    UPDATE: the NFC East is now 2-13-1 against real football teams.

UPDATE: the NFC East is now 2-16-1 against real football teams.

The two teams they have somehow beaten are a combined 6-11.

The record for worst division is currently held by the 2019 NFC East, with a record of 12-28.

Philly gets healthy and Wentz balls out. They finish with a winning record and a home playoff game. Anything can happen.

W.C.Fields