Home Sports Talk

College football thread

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, it's back. I'll be posting vatious scores and commenting on college football throughout the season on this thread.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just sitting here with beer and chicken sandwich watching Kansas State vs Arkansas State.

edited September 12, 2020 10:51AM

Kansas State leads over Arkansas State 21-14 at the half.

Interesting, I see that West Virginia put up a 42 burger against Eastern Kentucky in the first half of that game.

Oh heck yeah, I found a dollar in the sofa. I'm not telling anybody about this. They'll try to take it from me.

Man, beer and football go good together.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Houston Baptist plays Texas Tech later today, they don't have a prayer.

@Bullsitter said:
    I think Houston Baptist plays Texas Tech later today, they don't have a prayer.

Yes, that game is going to be a blowout. Houston Baptist has no chance in heck.

edited September 12, 2020 11:42AM

Kansas State is tied with Arkansas State 21-21 heading to the 4th. Great game. Great booze. Great find in sofa cushions.

• GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please wake me up when the SEC starts playing.

Kansas State vs Arkansas State all tied up at 28-28 with 6:35 to go in the 4th. Both competitors are exchanging blows.

I've got one eye on Ebay and one eye on college football. It's great!

edited September 12, 2020 12:34PM

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns stun #23 Iowa State at Iowa St.

How can Iowa St. play and Iowa can't?

@Bullsitter I don't know. They're both in Iowa. 😂😂😂😂

edited September 12, 2020 12:48PM

Maybe the BIG12 should have opted out..... :#

edited September 12, 2020 12:48PM

Arkansas State drives down the field and scores with 53 seconds left. Kansas State had one last drive but it failed. Arkansas State wins 35-31.

@Bullsitter Definitely not a good start for the Big 12. El stinkaroo.

West Virginia - 56
    Austin Peay - 10

Texas State vs UTSA is an absolute slugfest.

Texas State ran back a 98 yard kickoff return and tied the game with seconds to go, and missed the game winning extra point. We're going into overtime. This game has been action packed excitement, football at it's best.

UTSA beats Texas State 51-48 in double overtime. What a game.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

So far, there have been no good matchups in the first two weeks. Today was the day Ohio State was supposed to play Oregon :'(

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley said:
    So far, there have been no good matchups in the first two weeks. Today was the day Ohio State was supposed to play Oregon :'(

I wanted to see Ohio State play, it's a shame because their always fun to watch, they play with such intensity.

I just watched on TV and it said the Big 10 will meet tomorrow and discuss the latest medical analogy and they may possibly vote again on when the season will begin. Maybe if things went well today (medically speaking) then the Big 10 will get things going. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because college football needs the Big 10.

Oklahoma - 48
    Missouri State - 0

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Ok, it's back. I'll be posting vatious scores and commenting on college football throughout the season on this thread.

I'd be interested in hearing a South Dakotan's opinion on this map.

Report - The ACC Conference may cancel season:

he ACC is willing to call off its 2020 football season if more than 50 percent of its teams are unable to finish out their schedules as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, ESPN’s Andrea Adelson reported Saturday. The conference has postponed two games as a result of the virus, both involving Virginia Tech.T

According to a document obtained by ESPN, the ACC has a list of considerations that would warrant canceling the season. Among them are either the Big 12 or SEC discontinuing their respective seasons — which would result in the cancellation of the CFB Playoff — as well as restrictions enacted by public officials and the inability of teams to safely travel for road games.

“It is the responsibility and obligation of each team’s Chief Medical Officer and Director of Athletics to initiate discussion with the ACC office as soon as any of the considerations reach a level of concern about the ability to participate in the season,” the document read. “The final authority to postpone an Atlantic Coast Conference season resides with the ACC Board of Directors.”
    The Hokies were originally scheduled to open up their season against NC State on Saturday, but that game was postponed due to a spike in cases within the Wolfpack’s athletic department. Their second chance at a season opener — this time against Virginia on Sept. 19 — was postponed because of “COVID-19 issues at Virginia Tech,” pushing their opener back to Sept. 26 against NC State.
    Virginia Tech also cancelled practices for the next four days. According to ESPN, head coach Justin Fuente told reporters Wednesday that he was unsure whether the team would’ve been able to play even if their original opener against NC State had gone on as scheduled.

“I don't know if we could, to be honest with you,” Fuente said. “I don't know if we'd have made it. I figured someone would ask me if we could play today in this deal, and I'm going to tell you I don't know the answer to that.”

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley Thank you for the ACC report, I missed that. It will be disappointing if the ACC cancels, but I can't say I'm surprised. I figured there would be some issues with the number of cases of the virus rising. This situation we're in right now sucks. Health comes first though.

Looks like the BIG is back next month.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VikingDude said:

@doubledragon said:

I'd be interested in hearing a South Dakotan's opinion on this map.

Indiana's wrong, ND should be a 5 mile circle around South Bend (similar for Ball State) and US 40 is the dividing line between IU/Purdue. Arizona's pretty close.

@coolstanley said:
    Looks like the BIG is back next month.

;)

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great to see the Big 10 with Penn State football back on the agenda starting in October. 😊

I'm being forced to watch Tulane vs Navy. This should be good.

Navy got spanked last weekend by BYU and now Navy is getting slapped around by Tulane. It's certainly a different Navy football team than last year.

Navy last season...

Navy this season...

edited September 19, 2020 11:05AM

Yeah, I'm forced to watch Tulane vs Navy and it's a spank fest so far. Tulane is winning 24-0. I know nobody cares. I know that.

Navy just scored.

Navy just scored again, they're finally starting to fight back. The score is now 24-14.

Navy has tied the game 24-24. It's a fight, it's a fight!

edited September 26, 2020 5:08AM

After leading 24-0 at the half, Tulane has stunk it up in the second half. I mean, stunk it up!

Navy in field goal range, about to go for the win!

edited September 19, 2020 12:38PM

Navy kicks a field goal as time expires to win! Navy comes back from being down 24-0 at the half, to win 27-24. What a freaking game!

Navy - 27
    Tulane - 24

It's college football day! I'm just sitting here, chewing nicotine gum and drinkin a Bud Light. I'll be reporting all day on college football scores.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    It's college football day! I'm just sitting here, chewing nicotine gum and drinkin a Bud Light. I'll be reporting all day on college football scores.

Which game looks to be the best?

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Which game looks to be the best?

I'm being forced to watch Oklahoma vs Kansas State right now. Damn network television. I pretty much am having to watch whatever is on network television, I'm at war with the cable company right now.

Yeah, this one should be good.I'm sure Kansas State really has a good chance at winning this. It's already 21-7 Oklahoma.

Damn urban sumbrero

Texas vs Texas Tech later today, that should be a tasty treat. The battle for Texas.

Oklahoma is leading 35-21, but Kansas State is first and goal, and about to come home with the groceries.

edited September 26, 2020 12:59PM

I want to see LSU. They lost a bunch of players from last year, including both Joe's.
    Also it's the first game for Mike Leach at Miss State.

Go Bulldogs.

@Bullsitter said:
    I want to see LSU. They lost a bunch of players from last year, including both Joe's.

Yes, I'll be watching that game next on CBS. I can't wait!

edited September 26, 2020 12:23PM

Kansas State is taking it to the number 3 team in the nation, Oklahoma. The score is now tied up 35-35 in the 4th. Yee-haw!

Kansas State kicks a 50 yard field goal and takes the lead! Go away dear, I'll take the trash out later, we got a game going on here!