Home Autographs Forum

***BUYER BEWARE!!!***

!!! BUYER BEWARE !!! I purchased a supposed Authenticated Nirvana Band Signed Photograph from Heritage Auctions during COVID-19. Once the Country was opened from the Virus I brought it to a Reputable authenticator "JSA James Spence Authentication" it was found to be FAKE NOT REAL NOT SIGNED by the Band as it was Advertised! I requested a refund, supplying Heritage with all documentation they requested and they still will not offer a Refund! The associates Diana, Becky and Diane who is the assistant to the CEO Steve Ivy are Rude, Condescending and lack compassion!!! This was my experience with this world wide company which I think is TERRIBLE!!!

Best Answers

• Pafal2011Pafal2011 Posts: 3

~~~~

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes on a successful resolution with the CC claim. Sadly, this doesn't surprise me.

Answers

• Thanks Everyone!!! The amount paid was $6000 ouch that hurts not pennies! I paid with CC and filed a claim. The picture came with a Heritage Certification which I thought would be Good! I shop with R&R Auctions and Iconic Auctions and they are Good even when giving house cert.

• DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

@Pafal2011 said:
    Thanks Everyone!!! The amount paid was $6000 ouch that hurts not pennies! I paid with CC and filed a claim. The picture came with a Heritage Certification which I thought would be Good! I shop with R&R Auctions and Iconic Auctions and they are Good even when giving house cert.

It came with a Heritage Certification and Heritage Auctions, itself, will not make you whole when you have a third party expert claiming its a fake? This sounds like a slam dunk case in your favor. Good luck with your claim. This is one of the best reasons to use a credit card for a major purchase.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm surprised people are willing to pay that kind of money for autographs of anything. There are just too many variables in the autograph market. Is it actually signed by the person claimed? Is it a secretary signature? Is it an autopen signature? Is it just a mass printed signature? Is it an outright fake? Actual signatures can vary considerably as a person ages or experiences medical issues and they also vary a great deal depending on how rushed the signer was. This is also the age of the unreadable "scribble" signature. (Why anyone wants "scribble" signatures mystifies me.)

All glory is fleeting.
  • lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

i guess HEritage Certification is NO NO

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

6k? Wow! Now I understand why you might be just a little upset.

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

u figure Heritage was reputable. An autograph is as good as his cert.