1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 26, 2020 12:16PM in Metal Detecting

This week for me:
7 cents
2 nickels
4 dimes
3 quarters
:)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2020 4:38PM

Went out last Monday.

9 cents
    2 nickels
    2 dimes
    10 quarters

1 key

Edited to add, I have a huge lot in my area where they hold one of the biggest fairs in the North East every September. Not this year though. Damn COVID. They are good with me doing some relic hunting there. Some interesting finds.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Downtown1974 said:

Edited to add, I have a huge lot in my area where they hold one of the biggest fairs in the North East every September. Not this year though. Damn COVID. They are good with me doing some relic hunting there. Some interesting finds.

BIG E ??

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston Yes!!! Been wanting to try there for years but I didn’t think they would allow it. They were very accommodating. I occasionally give a Dunkin’ gift card to the attendant at the gate.

A lot of history behind the Big E @Downtown1974

Opening day 1916. Admission one dollar

for adults, twenty-five cents for kids. The Eastern States Agricultural and Industrial Exposition opened its doors to spread the word and bring agriculture to the region.

“So a fellow by the name of Joshua Loring Brooks came to Springfield in the late 1800s, and he opened up a business called the Brooks Bank Note Company and he was a lithographer. Very, very successful. And as the last century turned, he recognized that agriculture in New England was really struggling as the big farms out in the Midwest were taking over food production,” says The Big E’s President, Gene Cassidy. “So our farmers in New England have to be very innovative in order to make a living. And Eastern States continues to be a place where they can exchange innovation and ideas to be able to be the best they can be.”

From the beginning, Joshua Brooks built the coliseum in a rather quick form in hopes of becoming an agricultural springboard for the fair, and it did just that.
    https://search.aol.com/click/_ylt=AwrE191Au0Nf7SAAiBtpCWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTByNXQ0NThjBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwM1BHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1598303169/RO=10/RU=https://www.wpri.com/rhode-show/family-fun/the-history-behind-the-big-e//RK=0/RS=DrTPFKlmnWnjuYF5R_rxnnm_Jkk-

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston.... Interesting bit of history...Thanks for the link... Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

I been to the big e several times in my life its nice to see all good stuff in this area :)

This week for me:
    3 cents
    0 nickels
    4 dimes
    2 quarters
    Silver = 1 1959 Quarter

edited September 3, 2020 12:36PM

This week for me:
    8 cents
    0 nickels
    6 dimes
    6 quarters
    Silver =
    1 1927 Mercury Dime
    1 1963-D Roosevelt dime
    1 1947 Roosevelt dime

• pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭

Went to the Big E last year. First time and enjoyed it. I think one of the meals was a camel burger which I would pass on if offered again but Was worth trying once.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston .... Three silver dimes.... very nice.
    @pcgs69 .... I would pass on a camel burger... Tried camel once, it is definitely an acquired taste....Cheers, RickO