Home Metal Detecting
Options

Cashing In?

Anyone cashing in their gold ring finds? I’m getting closer to taking that step.

Comments

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

It is tempting.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A good time for that.... Gold is at $2013 right now.... sure, it may go higher, but that is really just a few cents on most gold rings/jewelry....Unless you have a large quantity. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

I actually found the two beat up rings on the street while walking. Nice roadkill

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a good time to unload some of your gold stuff ... if you really want to.

• Options

Yep... gold is at an all time high... could go higher, but in those quantities it will not mean much. The big gain is now... a few months ago, it was at $1200/toz, now just over $2000/toz. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am thinking about it.

Not sure how much I have left.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, there is no time like the present :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2020 11:44PM

I've probably got a thousand dollars worth in a ring box.

Only found 1 gold ring with a detector and I knew the general area of where the girl lost it in the river bank.
    The rest were found on the ground and in storage locker auctions.

The last one I found on the ground was well worn out in a parking lot, I traded it off for some cool silver at the local G&S store.

• Options

@pocketpiececommems'
    That is quite a collection of gold. Congrats!

I have found seven gold rings all time. My wife would not like it if I sold them. One, a black HIlls gold pinky finger ring, she herself has lost it three times and each time it was returned to her.

• Options

I cashed it in today except for one chain. Sold some beat up sterling silver too.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got rid of what little I had

• Options

I am going to sell some stuff..... Dog is sick (diabetes).... Needs treatment with insulin. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Decades ago I used to spend the clad dimes and quarters in vending machines. I saved all the Nickles and Copper Cents for a "Dug" collection. The Zincolns went back to the bank. I apologize for that ;)

Ricko Hope your dog pulls through. Cheers

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options

@metalmeister.... Thanks, been a rough week or so...but now he is at the vet, and we are waiting for a call...hoping he can be stabilized. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rick,
    I hope you're pup gets home safe and sound. I ran a pharmacy for twenty years and we had many many successful interventions with pets needing insulin. I pray your situation will be such an occasion. Best wishes!!!

• Options

@No Headlights... Thank you, they have him stabilized and I hope he will come home today. I will be giving him insulin shots per their schedule...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @No Headlights... Thank you, they have him stabilized and I hope he will come home today. I will be giving him insulin shots per their schedule...Cheers, RickO

Glad to hear that. Family is really all that matters