Home Metal Detecting

Great Finds Detecting Pioneer Sites in WA State

Hi everybody. My son and I are history enthusiasts and we detect pioneer sites in WA State. We made a little video of our finds and started a YouTube channel to share them. There’s no advertising involved so I hope it’s ok to post. Please let me know if it’s not. If you like it please subscribe. We will be posting more! If you can help identify some of the finds we would really appreciate it! Here it is.

https://youtu.be/YRI0s7LPLRk

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys did good. I also enjoy detecting in the forest. You never know what the forest floor will give up. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great video presentation, thanks for sharing it. :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DOP .... Welcome aboard.... Great video... I lived in Washington State for 20 years (Seattle, Renton).... Cheers, RickO

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your video. Very good.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

cool video

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Nice video. Interesting finds from days gone by :)

• MS67MS67 Posts: 35 ✭✭

Very cool video. I lived in Vancouver, Wa. a few years back. Was detecting down below what used to be Fort Vancouver. Walking along in the sand I wasn't hitting on anything then my daughter says "Dad what's this?" And she pulled a Fort Vancouver 7th Infantry 10 trade token out of the sand that was sticking out.!! It's aluminum and 1 side has some corrosion but just the fact that it IS aluminum and hadn't totally corroded away I found amazing. But how ironic. I have a detector and find zip. She just used her eyes!!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MS67.... That is not really unusual... When using an MD, many are focused on the machine and not the ground... or their surroundings. Good to have a partner, they help with general observations and digging ;) Cheers, RickO