Home Autographs Forum

Signature ID Help - Minor League Baseball Player

mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

This was from the lot of Dodger minor leagues. I have tried every combo I can think of in Baseball Reference and came up with zip. Maybe a fresh set of eyes can see what I am not seeing.

Does anyone recognize the face or signature. Most of these players were low minors in the 96-00 era, but that doesn't mean this guy was for sure.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.

Comments

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is the picture of? And why? Seems like you might have a clue.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

If I knew who he was, I wouldn't be asking for help. The player pictured signed the autograph. All I know is that he was once with the Dodgers organization at some point and based on the lot of signatures it came from, it was likely in the 1996-2000 time frame, but that is not 100% true for the time frame either, as the signatures came from as early as the 50s as wellMost of the career or cup of coffee minor leaguers were from 96-00 though so far. It could be any Dodgers minor league affiliate team as well, from Dominican Winter League, rookie leagues to AAA. Whoever he is, he was never on the parent club, I know this for sure.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mort M...

He was #15.

;)

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could it be this guy?:

Steve

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went through all the rosters for all the Dodgers' minor league affiliates from 1995-2001, on baseball-reference.com, and the only other player whose first name is M-t, and last name begins with an M and ends with two tall letters was a pitcher named Matt McDonald.

Steve

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2020 9:17AM

@mrmopar said:
    If I knew who he was, I wouldn't be asking for help.

Oh....right. Silly me.

@SDSportsFan said:
    Could it be this guy?:

Steve

That looks like it might be the guy. Mort was one of the names I tried, but not Monte!

I am going with Monte, thank you Steve!