Home Q & A Forum
Options

My PCGS order is currently in QA and going through imaging.

CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

Currently my order is in Quality control and bla bla bla, and it's "Being Imaged". I thought they are imaged when it is raw. It was sent in at a regular level. Also it's been there for about 22 business days. Anyone know what is going on?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020 3:21AM

If indeed you’re getting a TrueView, it will be photographed before being slabbed, despite any confusion from their verbiage.

Regular Level service is currently running at an ESTIMATED 20 business days once they start their process, not from the day it’s received.

Yes, we all get anxious and excited in a positive way, including me when it comes to waiting for grades, but patience is needed. Your order didn’t fall through the cracks. Sometimes I hit refresh multiple times, but it doesn’t help (lol).

Good luck, and let us know your results.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

True views are done while the coin is raw despite what you see in the tracking. Turnaround times are estimated so 22 business days for a regular submission isn't out of line with the current estimate of 20 business days. With everything happening in the world right now I definitely would not get worried about it yet.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2022 11:59AM

If they are completely imaged when raw, why has it been going on 6 weeks since my order was completed and returned to me,yet still being imaged? Must be more to this delay that I do not understand. If so, just explain it to me and I will at least know the facts. Maybe if someone who knows would explain this procedure,it would prevent so much anguish by submitters.
    Jim

Edited to add: I know this is old but still think it to be a credible concern. If this has already been answered, I apologise.

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken said:
    If they are completely imaged when raw, why has it been going on 6 weeks since my order was completed and returned to me,yet still being imaged? Must be more to this delay that I do not understand. If so, just explain it to me and I will at least know the facts. Maybe if someone who knows would explain this procedure,it would prevent so much anguish by submitters.
    Jim

Edited to add: I know this is old but still think it to be a credible concern. If this has already been answered, I apologise.

maybe there is a backlog of cropping and formatting the photos - you could ask Phil, the PCGS Photo guy.

• Options
    CoinNewBeeCoinNewBee Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

My submission was received on April 22, 2022. It's still just shown as just "grading". I called PSCG last Friday at 9:30am PST and the wait time was over two and one half hours. Requested an automatic call back-never called me back. I called Monday and requested an automatic call back. Again PCGS never called back.
    I'm on hold with PCGS at this moment. I called 25 minutes ago. There were 17 callers ahead of me with a wait time of 22 minutes. Figured I'd just hold and wait in line. Right now the update message is saying I'm 15th in line and the longest wait time has now grown to 44 minutes.
    This of course is crazy bad business. What is wrong at PCGS? I'm not moving up in the phone cue and the wait time is now 44 minutes after being on hold in line for 27 minutes as right now.

My last several submissions have been slabbed with label errors like the wrong designation number for error ID, no mint mark on label.

This submission I'm waiting on has some really valuable coins in it, PCGS has had it for 14 weeks (said 5 weeks when sent) and I can't even speak to customer service.

I know NGC slabs don't sell for as much money, but at least I'd have a slabbed coin to sell. Next submission is going to NGC.

By the way, the newest on hold message is that I'm still 15th in line but the wait time is 55 minutes from now and I called PCGS about 40 minutes ago.

Even better status update. While I was Preview this message to post it ---- PCGS disconnect me.
    I anyone on this post knowns anyone in PCGS please tell them these are the signs of a business that's going out of business. The customer is suppose to be king, not the joker.

Always more to know!