Jan 30: 2020 Pursuit of Happiness APE
Feb 11: 2019 Georgia Reverse Proof Innobuck
Mar 30: Air Force Medal
Summer: Coast Guard Medal
Summer: 2020 NA Coin And Currency
Fall: 2020 One Ounce Palladium Uncirculated Coin
TBD: All Basketball HoF Commens, including a Kids set
TBD: All 2020 Innobucks

The 2020 Basketball HoF Commemoratives is the only Commem on the books for 2020.

This all looks generic. I'm sure "special" products will be inserted into the schedule much like this year.

No other details are available. (Like usual... :D )

Comments

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once again, thank you @BackroadJunkie for your diligent work in reporting these schedules!! Looks like 2020 will be the year of the Basketball coin.

• smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

Looks like I'll be saving alot more money in 2020! 😊

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No special ASE offering? That is surprising....The mint seems to squeeze one in each year...Cheers, RickO

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Short version of 2020 Product Release Schedule

2020: Nothing I want

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @BackroadJunkie!

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, completely UNDERWHELMING. Looks like a sack of garbage coming....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

Those curved BBs will be a hit, short-lived, but a hit for that niche then die out. Strike while hot and get OUT.

IMO

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    Those curved BBs will be a hit, short-lived, but a hit for that niche then die out. Strike while hot and get OUT.

IMO

IDK. I think, depending on mintages, there is an opportunity here. But I won't say what, just yet.

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone should keep in mind that products like the Pride set and the upcoming ERP ASE were all put into the schedule well into the year.

2020's schedule looks pretty generic now, but things can change, especially now that Ryder's in charge, and almost every BEP product was inserted into the schedule during the calendar year.

The America’s Founding Fathers 2020 Currency Set (B15057) has been injected into the schedule.

Available Feb 13, 2020.

This set is typically a single and a deuce FRN with matching serial numbers, starting with "2020". Last year they had a printage of 5,000, and cost $21.95.

Surprisingly, it sold out pretty quickly, though it was the first time the set was on sale on the Mint's site.

More details as they become available.

(68)

• rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed that the images of the Native American coin for 2020 has been added to the product page. The

"...design features a portrait of Elizabeth Peratrovich, whose advocacy was considered a deciding factor in the passage of the 1945 Anti-Discrimination Law by the Alaskan territorial government. The foreground features a symbol of the Tlingit Raven moiety, of which she was a member."

The bird symbol makes the design a bit cluttered looking, IMO. Certainly a worthy tribute though.

@rip_f said:
    Just noticed that the images of the Native American coin for 2020 has been added to the product page. The

"...design features a portrait of Elizabeth Peratrovich, whose advocacy was considered a deciding factor in the passage of the 1945 Anti-Discrimination Law by the Alaskan territorial government. The foreground features a symbol of the Tlingit Raven moiety, of which she was a member."

The bird symbol makes the design a bit cluttered looking, IMO. Certainly a worthy tribute though.

Armed Forces Silver Medals

Airforce
    Coast Guard

2021?
    Navy

The second 2020 commem:

$1 Silver Coin, “Women's Suffrage Centennial Commemorative Coin Act”

I do not see any mention of Au or clad.

—————

An Act

To require the Secretary of the Treasury to mint coins in commemoration of ratification of the 19th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, giving women in the United States the right to vote. <>

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, <<NOTE: Women's Suffrage Centennial Commemorative Coin Act. 31 USC 5112 note.>>

SEC. 3. COIN SPECIFICATIONS.

(a) $1 Silver Coins.--The Secretary of the Treasury (hereafter in this Act referred to as the ``Secretary'') shall mint and issue not more than 400,000 $1 coins, which shall--

(1) weigh 26.73 grams;
    (2) have a diameter of 1.500 inches; and
    (3) contain at least 90 percent silver.

(b) Legal Tender.--The coins minted under this Act shall be legal tender, as provided in section 5103 of title 31, United States Code.

(c) Numismatic Items.--For purposes of sections 5134 and 5136 of title 31, United States Code, all coins minted under this Act shall be considered to be numismatic items.

SEC. 4. DESIGN OF COIN.

(a) Design Requirements.--
    (1) In general.--The design of the coins minted under this Act shall be emblematic of the women who played a vital role in rallying support for the 19th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
    (2) Designations and inscriptions. On each coin minted under this Act, there shall be--
    (A) a designation of the value of the coin;
    (B) an inscription of the year 2020''; and (C) inscriptions of the wordsLiberty'', In God We Trust'',United States of America'', and ``E Pluribus Unum''.

(b) Selection.--The design for the coins minted under this Act
    shall--
    (1) contain motifs that honor Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Carrie Chapman Catt, Harriet Tubman, Mary Church Terrell, Alice Paul, Lide Meriwether, Ida B. Wells, and other suffrage activists of the late 19th century and early 20th centuries; [[Page 133 STAT. 1149]]
    (2) <> be selected by the Secretary, after consultation with the Smithsonian Institution's American Women's History Initiative, and the Commission of Fine Arts; and
    (3) <> be reviewed by the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee.

SEC. 5. ISSUANCE OF COINS.

(a) Quality of Coins.--Coins minted under this Act shall be issued in uncirculated and proof qualities.

(b) Mint Facilities.--Only one facility of the United States Mint may be used to strike any particular quality of the coins minted under this Act.

(c) Period for Issuance.--The Secretary may issue coins under this Act only during the period beginning on January 1, 2020, and ending on December 31, 2020.

——-More at——-

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/2423/text?overview=closed

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

A contradictory listing of note which Backroadjunkie nicely highlighted.

Fall: 2020 One Ounce Palladium Uncirculated Coin

It's been reported that there will NOT be a Palladium issued in 2020. Here is a portion of the Coin World article -

• cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have reported before that there will Probably never be another Bullion Palladium coin because of the High Spot Price, however, there will be a Palladium numismatic coin every year because it is Federal Law...

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Everyone should keep in mind that products like the Pride set and the upcoming ERP ASE were all put into the schedule well into the year.

2020's schedule looks pretty generic now, but things can change, especially now that Ryder's in charge, and almost every BEP product was inserted into the schedule during the calendar year.

Is it time yet to start the guessing game of just what surprise coins or sets the Mint will come up with to spice up this fairly vanilla product schedule?

There's a good chance of a special ASE. Maybe from Denver?
    Something unique to recognize the final year of this design. (And to test out their new anti-bot software strategy that I bet they've developed or purchased.)

How about salting the bags and rolls of dimes or quarters with a couple hundred thousand silver versions. Something to keep the pocket change search going.

Another joint venture like the Pride of Two Nations set with another country? Maybe with a panda? A Euro? A ruble?

And we're all on the edge of our seats to see what special number they'll start the FRN serial number with in the Native American C & C set!

@rip_f said:

@BackroadJunkie said:

Is it time yet to start the guessing game of just what surprise coins or sets the Mint will come up with to spice up this fairly vanilla product schedule?

lol, I've been thinking about this. I guess it all depends on whether SecTreas spanked Ryder for the 30K Eagle last year.

There's a good chance of a special ASE. Maybe from Denver?
    Something unique to recognize the final year of this design. (And to test out their new anti-bot software strategy that I bet they've developed or purchased.)

It will be the final year for the bullion coin. There is no specified date on when the collector versions will be redesigned. I've speculated before that the currently design collector ASE's will go out after the 35th anniversary in 2021. And how about a mid-year change so there'd be both versions with the same date?

Almost certainly a D-Mint before the design change, though. Let's see him do a 30K Denver ASE. (I think the show would be tremendous. Heh...)

I'm worried Ryder will attempt to do a yearly reverse change like the plat proofs, FSQ's and ATB's (and the quarters after the ATB series ends). I wish he'd stop making me buy all this overpriced silver... :D

How about salting the bags and rolls of dimes or quarters with a couple hundred thousand silver versions. Something to keep the pocket change search going.

Quarters would actually be possible. There's a provision for silver ATB quarters in the law, (obviously for the silver sets), but with no restrictions. It's possible (but unlikely) they could strike uncirculated versions for circulation. Not so much for the dimes. It's specifically stated they must be proof and sold directly to the public (i.e. silver proof sets.)

SecTreas probably wouldn't allow it 'cause there's no way to recoup the cost of the silver, and silver doesn't match the signature of the current coin. (For commerce/coin machines.)

Another joint venture like the Pride of Two Nations set with another country? Maybe with a panda? A Euro? A ruble?

Almost certainly. Ryder's stated he wants to work with other world mints. My guess is the foreign coins will have a Queen on the obverse, though.

Unfortunately, seeing how quickly the 10K RCM version sold out, you can bet the other collaborations will have a higher mintage. That RCM set may have the lowest label mintage of any ASE set. :D

And we're all on the edge of our seats to see what special number they'll start the FRN serial number with in the Native American C & C set!

And whether or not the FRN will come pre-glued. (I really hope they redesign that part of the set...)

Andrew Jackson Presidential Silver Medal

This product will be available for sale on February 24, 2020, at 12 noon (ET).

The Basketball HoF coins were inserted into the schedule with dates in April.
    The Women's Suffrage coins and a medal were added with dates TBD.
    The Innobucks coins for 2020 are still all TBD - and still no listing for the Annual Uncirculated Dollar Set.
    And nothing unique or special (like a Denver ASE) added yet that I can see.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually started the presidential medals. I like them and think they will make a handsome set.

Many happy BST transactions
  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:
    I actually started the presidential medals. I like them and think they will make a handsome set.

Good choice. I've started that set as well.

• GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Privy-marked Proof American Eagle silver inserted for May 8th

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, I think a possible "trick" involved with them. Imagine, if people can go lunatic over numbered COAs with conniptive fits over signed Mint Director versions, how will a limited Privy marked pieces go over? IMO, same, and if smart they will semi-limit it to 50k....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Agreed, I'll definitely be watching for the mintage... My guess is that it will be 50k, no more than 75k

Everything on the Mint schedule going forward (after April) has been changed to TBD.

Many of the products have probably already been minted. They could be allowed to be sold online with the understanding that they wouldn't be shipped until the fulfillment center was back in operation.

Staff maintaining the enterprise software are certainly able and qualified to work from home.

So who wants to be the first to cynically knock that softball out of the park?

(I too wish the schedule contained more inspiring coins to look forward to.)

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2020 12:00AM

Anyone know which designs were finally chosen for the 2020 U.S. Air Force medal?

https://www.coinnews.net/2018/10/19/2020-air-force-silver-medal-candidate-designs/

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

Several coins and medals added to the 2020 schedule and many changed from TBD to the "Fall".

End of World War II 75th Anniversary 24-Karat Gold Coin (not AGE)
    400th Anniv. of the Mayflower gold reverse proof coin and reverse proof silver medal.
    George Bush dollar coins and Barbara Bush first spouse gold coins.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are there any forum members who purchase all or most of the U.S. Mint products? And if so are they dealers or private collectors? Just curious.

• olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Are there any forum members who purchase all or most of the U.S. Mint products? And if so are they dealers or private collectors? Just curious.

I used to, then once I sold them several years later I felt like an idiot wasting my money on them, except for the burnished and proof gold eagles I bought.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

Limited production at West Point is going to affect the schedule when it comes to gold and silver.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• @Hydrant said:

I get the proof and unc sets every year since 1976 although they have not been a great investment - habit I guess. I buy the ASE's here and there when the mood hits me and I buy the comm's that I like. I'm not flipping them, so it does not matter that much. My father was a WWII vet, so I will be getting the ASE and AGE if I can. Got the American Legion comms because of this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file