Home Metal Detecting

Must be beginners luck!

I found this bracelet 3 weeks after I started detecting. It was a dry sand beach find. I think it's silver but I'm not 100% sure.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice... try taking it to a jeweler and ask there... they can likely tell you quickly, or even put it on their Sigma metal tester. Cheers, RickO

• Very nice find. Generally, any item that is silver is marked with the numbers .925 or it says sterling somewhere on the piece.

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is silver, it’s a pandora, they are 60-70$ new.

That is great news for @cashhound....Great find. Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where's the limb it was attached to? Nice find. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mdcoincollector2003 said:
    It is silver, it’s a pandora, they are 60-70$ new.

You are correct, nice work.
    Here it is cleaned up @cashhound , keep searching :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like to color in the OP's post, looks strange for silver.

Perhaps check the piece with acid.

I have found pieces marked as 925 that were fake.

Frank

BHNC #203

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

The color does look off @Treashunt

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2020 10:18AM

Sun - bleached ..... maybe... ;)
    Air - brushed .... maybe ... ;)

Tarnish is environmental damage, and with silver, it manifest in different colors....Just depends on what the environment contained. Cheers, RickO