Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

MESSAGE JUST IN...RBeaton completes vintage 1970 Kellogg's Baseball set!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Vic, you are probably the most illogical (and rude) person I've ever come across on these boards.

You act as those I'm claiming these 9's are rare. They're not. However if they're simply not available, that makes them tough for collectors. There are collectors here that have been trying to hunt down the last card or two for their set for months. You have a problem with this statement?
  • Options
    You tell him KING KELLOGG! image

• Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Sorry King-will not fall for that.

Gem,

You are not just idiotic--you are an idiot. Go find someone else to congratulate for finding a psa 9 card.
  • Options
    I have a 70 Kelloggs PSA 8. It is the only Kelloggs card I've ever seen. I like it. image

PS it was free from Paul, so I like it alot.
  • Options
    Mr. Davalillo...

I though as much.

It looks like you're pretty good at name calling... How good are you at actually complementing a collector for a good effort....Hmmm.

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options

<< <i>You are not just idiotic--you are an idiot. Go find someone else to congratulate for finding a psa 9 card. >>

That's really uncalled for Vic. I asked you a simple question, and you reply by calling me an idiot. I hope you don't teach your kids to act like that, but then it wouldn't surprise me.
  • Options
    Kurt...

Good for you!!!

and

'Atta boy for Paul.

You see, it's not the first time Paul and a number of other K Klub members have shared their finds WITHOUT PAYMENT.

The human side...remember?

Larry
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    I am glad people like Paul still remain in the hobby. Makes it much more fun and enjoyable.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys-

Can you all agree to disagree and move on? You all have developed various and varying levels of niches in the hobby -- and each one is notable for its own reasons. Your efforts, time, and money spent in pursuing your interests in nothing short of extraordinary. Nearly every person who reads these boards knows and understands the nature of nuances of your disagreement at hand. At some point, there is no added value to anoyone else to have your thoughts on the matter debated on a public forum.

Everyone have a happy holidays and a nice new year. Hopefully this forum will find some different topics that will draw our mutual collecting interests, instead of highlighting differences.

MS
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    On the lighter side let's play a quick game regarding the one priceless K card I have. This players' hobby was working with plastics. Who is it?
  • Options
    Larry,

I have complemented collectors often on their vintage sets. Times that come to mind where I started a thread are Mike Rakosi with his 48 Bowman basketball, Alan Kaplan with his 53 Bowman Color and Alan Kaplan with his 33Goudey Sport Kings. Branca's 51 Bowman set should be complemented as should Charlie Merkel's 52 Topps.
    Their are a lot of great sets on the registry.
    Sorry, but I will stay by original thought in that it is not difficult to complete a psa 9 set for 1970 Kellogg.
    As for bidding on your 10s, you know and I know you are trying to embarass me. If you have an interest simply contact me. If not, thats okay too.

Davalillo
  • Options
    Mr. Davalillo

I'm not trying to embarass anyone....

You made the comment a few posts ago that you wanted to know how to buy my 10's.

I posted a statement that I wanted to see your offer.

Now, you state that if "I" have an intrest, to contact you.

What's the embarassment???

Tell me now what your best offer is and I will simply say yes or no right here!

I have no problem with receiveing an offer on these "Gems" from you. You've stated many times that you will "make anybodys day" with your most generous offers!

So, let's hear it.............................

Larry.

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Kurt...

Wally Bunker is my guess...(with a name like that, I just figured he dabbled in Dupont)

Correct?

Close?....Hmmm

Larry.

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Nope. The info of course is on the reverse of the card...keep on reading them. image
  • Options
    King Kellogg,

How can I make an offer when I do not even know what cards you have? e-mail me your cards and I will make you an offer on each I do not have.
    By insisting doing it in a public forum, you are trying to embarass me. You may make my offers public anyway to tell everybody that King Kellogg can't be bought.
    So if you want offers e mail me the cards, I will make a serious offer on each one I need, and give me your word you will not disclose the offers and we can proceed. Anything less and its obvious you have another agenda.

Davalillo
  • Options
    Kurt...

You know I have to drag out my cards now. Maybe I can get the answer before GMM does...

(Z is in LV I think)

Larry.

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    I really dont know who knows these cards better, could be a close one. Zardoz I would guess can't remember which card it was anyways, lol. image

PS an 82 Evans I have seen running, I suspect you have. Anytime you ever feel like giving it away, I have a happy new home for it.
  • Options
    Kurt...

PM me and I'll get ya hooked up.

Larry.

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Mr. Davalillo

OK ... Let's try this good faith effort....

I have #75 Don Mincher PSA 10......... I know you need this card because it's 1/1.

What is your offer?

Please no more excuses. and no secret deals....

I've now shown the whole world a card that is in my set. Your offer please.

Larry.

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Larry,

$800.

Davalillo
  • Options
    Mr. Davalillo

Thank you for your generous offer, however I will decline. I feel it's worth more.

Thank you.

Larry.

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Larry,

You're welcome. If you are interested in selling contact me and I just may have a higher number. Want to try me on any of the others?

Davalillo
  • Options
    Larry,

Upon reflection, you are right. I will give you $1,000 for it.

Davalillo
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    WOW! $800 will buy a couple nice Psa 8 red man stars or a few Psa 8 commons.

Sounds like a good offer. At least that's the viewpoint of one man standing on the sidelines.

No disrespect intended but I have a couple questions. Do Psa 9's look that different/worse/
    not as good/ as Psa 10 Kellogg's? In other words can you tell the difference? If not, is Davalillo
    making an offer to buy the holder not the card? I don't pretend to know these cards. I'm just
    guessing a lot of nines look like some of the tens.

aconte
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    It's late I must go to bed. I think I going delirious. Did I just see $1000 offer?

I think I'll stick with red man cards!

aconte
  • Options
    Larry,

I have to get up in 4 hours so I will get your answer when I arrive for work.

I am obviously buying the holder(or trying to buy it)--not the card.

Davalillo
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

Aconte,

That would buy me a 1940 Play Ball Frankie Frisch PSA 9 with $300+ in my pocket!

Do you think Larry just got a PM for Gemmint?
    Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    Actually, just getting ready for my trip to LV, hence no appearance here.

And all I can say is "Thank God"

A few comments:

One: Sure they are available in 9's and a set can be thrown together in a short time. Then again, ANY set can be done in a no time flat if you throw enough money at it. Want a 52T in straight 8's?? There's one available, all you have to do is step up to the plate and write a check. Give me Carte Blanche and an open checkbook, with the contacts available, I can assemble any set.

Two: Sure the K set isn't equivalent to the national debt of some third world country, So what! Since when has price tag and appreciation and enjoyment of a card gone hand in hand? The K set represents an opportunity for an average collector of limited means to assemble a quality vintage set, packed with HOF'ers, visually appealing, and yet be presented with a challenge. When completed, the collector will have a quality item that he/she can be proud of.

Three: Name one other set that has the camaraderie amongst its collectors? We are not talking about fair-weather friendships here, but guys who genuinely go out of their way to help each other without the usual ulterior motives of shafting each other at every opportunity that one finds with the "other set collecting fraternities." What a diverse bunch we are! From Wall Street big shots to business owners to blue collar workers to head-banging juvenile delinquents, and yet, NONE of the snobbery that one finds with other collecting groups. No one gives a hoot whether you have 3 cards in 7's or a complete set in 10's, the fact that you have an interest is more that sufficient to be part of the Klub.

Four: Atlantic City 2003. The Kellogg's Krap Shoot. Enough said, though we still have to come up with some fake ID for Ian Riccaboni.

This is a great bunch of kollectors of which I am proud to be a part.

To one and all, Thank You for kontributing to a positive kollecting experience in my life.

THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    As was stated before, Paul you are the K-klub Yoda. I hope your wisdom puts an end to this thread. VD-I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I guess I read the first 20 posts in the thread and I got pissed. I'm sure you enjoy this hobby as much as me - how 'bout some water under the bridge.

Paul - good luck in Veags. I think I left some of mine at the Hard Rock last month in your name image

Have a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat day, all.
  • Options
    BobS,

Water under the bridge. I thought it was a bit out of character so I dismissed it. There is just one guy who continues to attack me because my view does not agree with his. No problem--hobby should be fun--I love it. I see no reason though to sugar-coat opinions in a forum like this.

Davalillo
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    Why in the world can you not come onto this forum and express your opinion?

If someone believes that doing this set in 9 is relatively easy considering, pops, #registrants and current Ebay volume,
    whats the problem with that.

Expressing that constitues no love for the hobby?

Have we become so sensitive in society that someone can't
    express their honest opinion about some Kelloggs baseball cards?

The cost of this forum for you: FREE
    The cost of doing a Kelloggs set in 9: $2000
    Watching panties get bunched because someone states their opinion after 1,374 Kelloggs posts: PRICELESS

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options

<< <i>. There is just one guy who continues to attack me because my view does not agree with his. >>

I don't attack anyone Vic. Because I offer a different point of view than you, you consider that an attack? I try to reason something out with you and then ask you if what I'm saying makes sense. You're response is that my statement is idiotic or that I'm an idiot. Look in the mirror Vic. Who's the real instigator here?

Yes I will defend people when I think you're belittling their efforts or talking down to them which you often do.
  • Options

<< <i>If someone believes that doing this set in 9 is relatively easy considering, pops, #registrants and current Ebay volume, >>

<< <i>whats the problem with that. >>

Carew4me, I honestly have no problem with Vic's different points of view. For example he honestly believes that it's a modern set, and I honestly believe it's not. No problem there. We obviously both "enjoy"keeping that debate alive.

I do have a problem with his condescening superior attitiude at times. He said and I quote,

"if you have a couple thousand dollars it is simple to put together a psa 9 set and it is certainly not deserving of a wow"

"The surprise is that everyone doesn't have an all psa 9 set--WOW!!"

"No "wow" at all--set is the easiest on the registry to collect in 9--it took me about a week"

and on and on and on. Not to mention the childish insults he likes to throw around.

Sorry if you don't see a problem with his immature demeaning behavior.

• Options
    To my private and public defenders,

Thanks but I would urge you to drop it. People can decide for themselves if this is demeaning or simply expresses an opinion. A certain person believes that there is no room for alternative opinions on his private message board and seems to want to continue his insults so fine...except to respond to King Kellogg when he responds to me, I will no longer post on anything having to do with 1970 Kelloggs.

Davalillo
  • Options

<< <i>I will no longer post on anything having to do with 1970 Kelloggs. >>

I'll make sure that you're held to that if your word means anything. Good Riddance!
  • Options
    Mr. Davalillo.

Thank you again for the offer. I will have to decline at this time.

Larry.

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Larry,

Okay, I thought a grand was more than generous but it is the last card in the set and a pop 1 so I understand your point. Drop me a line(my e-mail is on all my registered sets) if you change your mind. Or, I do have a group of 10s myself and every card in my collection is for sale at a price if you are interested. Regardless, I wish you the best.

Davalillo
  • Options
    Mr. Davalillo.

Fair enough.

Thank you for your offers.

Larry.

CHEERS!!