Home Q & A Forum

Is this 1999 P Connecticut Quarter on an experimental planchet or missing its silver clad?

Lalarry772Lalarry772 Posts: 1
edited June 12, 2020 8:49AM in Q & A Forum

Wondering if anyone can help me figure out if this is an experimental planchet, missing the silver clad or any information on this 1999 P Connecticut Quarter

Comments

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but it's environmental damage. Lots of metal detecting and ground finds have that appearance. It did not leave the mint looking like that.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum! :)

As mentioned "It did not leave the mint looking like that."

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree PMD.

• Possibly Improperly Annealed/Sintered, could be found in a sealed 1999-P, Conn or Mixed US Mint bag.

• I found this one in a US Mint Sealed 2001-P Kentucky bag. It's currently up for sale. It's Minor compared to the OP's, that is if his is the same and not Environmental Damage.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

These state quarters do not hold up well to environmental conditions. In my experience. I pluck these out of the ground often and they grey out fast. I tip over small aluminum sports bleachers to get to the coin spills. IMHO. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52