Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

[CLOSED] Giveaway: (5) sets of elongated coins (on Merc dimes & Wheat cents)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

CONTEST NOW CLOSED

I'm giving away five more sets of my elongated coins. I will draw five winners sometime after June 1st, 2020.

All you've got to do is post the words "entry post", and you're entered.

Only one"entry post" per member, please, though you may reply multiple times for discussion purposes.

Each set consists of (3) of my 2019 custom elongated coins:

(1) on 1920s-1940s silver Mercury dime (one of 100 pieces produced). These were all rolled with the obverse of the host coin showing on the back. Usually the details are fairly visible, and in most (though maybe not all) cases, the host coin date is visible. Usually this will mean the 1940s, though there were some 1920s and 1930s coins in the source lot as well- even a few 'teens. Silver dimes, let alone Mercury dimes, are very seldom seen as host coins for elongates, so hopefully these will prove popular.

(1) on 1950s Wheat cent, unholed (one of 200 pieces produced). Most though not all coins have the wheat ears of the host coin visible on the back, but a few have the host coin obverse showing, and therefore a readable date in some cases.

(1) on 1950s Wheat cent, holed (one of 200 pieces produced). As above, but holed for keychain or jewelry use.

Coins for these 3-piece sets will be randomly selected and pre-sealed in the envelopes shown, so the host coin dates will be random.

The dies for these elongated coins were made for me and rolled out by Cindy Calhoun, the president of TEC (The Elongated Collectors), at elongatedpenny.net.

The design is based on the Scottish clan badge for the Clan Robertson (my maternal family line, from which my first name is derived).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭

Entry Post and thank you for the opportunity lordmarcovan!

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

"entry post"

Thank you!

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post.

Thx for the drawing!

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post - thanks much!

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post, thank you for the opportunity.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post, thank you, good luck all !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

"entry post" and thanks for the chance. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post.

Thanks for the opportunity.

:)

Frank

BHNC #203

• robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post...
    Thanks Rob !!!

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are pretty cool. Obviously don't enter me Rob.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post.

Thanks!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just imagine, a hundred years from now, someone will be examining one of these and wondering who you were.
    Neat idea !

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post and thank you LordM...Cheers, RickO

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:
    Just imagine, a hundred years from now, someone will be examining one of these and wondering who you were.
    Neat idea !

Just like we puzzled over the "Flying Cigar" love token that is your avatar. It amuses me to no end that you're still wearing that. 😂

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

"entry post"

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post. Cool designs and thank you for the opportunity!

• EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post.

Thanks for the chance! :)

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸

@EXOJUNKIE - is your Armour elongate from the Pan-American Expo? I see it's on an Indian cent.

This one was too.

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry Post. Thanks for the opportunity.
    Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post. Very cool, thanks for the chance!

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love those Buffalo 1901 Pan Am 'cents'

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Entry Post thanks a lot

@lordmarcovan said:
    @EXOJUNKIE - is your Armour elongate from the Pan-American Expo? I see it's on an Indian cent.

The short answer is unknown, but not likely, although they were rolled the same year—1901. Here is the other side of mine:

Although Dainty Meats And Armor’s Star advertisements were rolled at the PAE, Martin & Dow catalogs this piece in the “Miscellaneous” category (meaning they couldn’t attribute it to a place)—specifically XXX-3. It is rated an R-6 on a 1-7 scale.

ANA LM

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post. Thanks Rob! These are pretty neat.

imageimage

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post. Thanks so much for your generosity. Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

entry post. Thanks for the chance! :)

Ken
  • Entry post. Thanks for the opportunity!

• MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

entry post. Thanks as always

• "entry post" THANKS!

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2020 12:25PM

entry post# Because June 1st is my 24th wedding anniversary.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

I have run out of the printed labels for the envelopes seen in the OP. The file for them is on my network drive at work, and my workplace remains closed until after July 2nd.

Rather than trying to recreate the labels here on my rinkydink home equipment, I think I'll just postpone the drawing until early July.

Though I suppose I could just ship the lots in plain envelopes without the labels. What do y'all think?

Well, never mind! As it happens, I had exactly ten labeled envelopes left (though there are still plenty more coins). So that covers five for this giveaway and five more for the giveaway on Collectors Universe.

Stand by. I'll fire up the ol' random number generator in a moment, and we'll have us a drawing! :)

@EXOJUNKIE said:
    Entry post.

Thanks for the chance! :)

@EXOJUNKIE - you were the first winner drawn! PM me your address!

@pruscoins said:
    Entry Post thanks a lot

@pruscoins - you were the second winner drawn! PM me your address!

@zippcity said:
    Entry post, thank you for the opportunity.

@zippcity - you were the third winner drawn! PM me your address!

@ricko said:
    Entry post and thank you LordM...Cheers, RickO

@ricko- you were the fourth winner drawn! PM me your address!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you LordM.... PM will follow. :) Cheers, RickO

@Kliao said:
    Entry post.

Thanks!

@Kliao - you were the fifth winner drawn! PM me your address!

That's a wrap, everybody, at least until next time. Winners have one month from this post to claim their prizes.

@ricko- address received. Coins in the mailbox momentarily.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow thanks LordM! Pm coming!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

@Kliao - address rec'd and envelope mailed.

@lordmarcovan said:

@EXOJUNKIE - you were the first winner drawn! PM me your address!

Thanks! PM sent!

ANA LM

@EXOJUNKIE - address rec'd and envelope mailed.

I just bought the host coins for the 2020 elongates. These will be rolled out on Indian cents and Barber dimes. I bought culls, of course, since there's no sense in messing up undamaged 100+ year old coins. By the time they get smooshed and stretched out as elongated coins, the issues that made them culls won't matter anymore, and likely won't be noticeable. Kinda like taking your sour lemons and making lemonade with them.

I think I am up to date on shipping except for @zippcity and @pruscoins I shall message them.

@lordmarcovan said:

Elongateds received — very nice. Thanks again!!! 👍🏻

ANA LM

@EXOJUNKIE said:

@lordmarcovan said:

Elongateds received — very nice. Thanks again!!! 👍🏻

Thanks for the feedback!

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lord M, you are a very nice and generous man.

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

seems i haven't logged on in a while. Thank's again for the opportunity Lord M. PM sent.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-