Options

May———Totals——-2020

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cents—————98
Nickels————-15
Dimes—————33
Quarters———-116

Total Face Value——$34.03

On my best single day I found a total of 53 quarters on a grassy area that over looked a high school football field and track

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW!!! 116 quarters..... amazing....Congratulations on a super month there....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

Wow PPC, that's crazy! That's a coin bonanza right there.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Cents—————93
    Nickels————-8
    Dimes—————32
    Quarters———-23

Total Face Value——$10.27

May was a bore. Nothing old but a couple wheaties.

• Options
    cashhoundcashhound Posts: 58 ✭✭✭

I just began detecting the last week of May 2020.

Cents ------- 4
    Nickels-------1
    Dimes--------1
    Quarters----3
    … and a boatload of sinkers

• Options

@cashhound....Welcome to the wonderful world of metal detecting...Looks like you are off to a good start. With all those sinkers, it seems you have been beach detecting.... Do not forget (and maybe you already do) to get into the water...usually out to the first dip in the sand...Lots of things end up out there. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lead sinkers are great for garage sales and a good thing to remove to help the environment. Are you detecting on the beach

• Options

@pocketpiececommems ....Just a note, Lead does not leach into soil or water....that was a false flag during the environmental push years ago. They wanted to replace lead in solder with silver...not realizing that silver does leach and is harmful to marine life and other organisms. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @pocketpiececommems ....Just a note, Lead does not leach into soil or water....that was a false flag during the environmental push years ago. They wanted to replace lead in solder with silver...not realizing that silver does leach and is harmful to marine life and other organisms. Cheers, RickO

So your saying that old lead pipes under my street are not the cause of lead in the drinking water?

• Options

I have no idea what the situation is with the lead pipes under your street. There are many variables, including the chemicals added to potable water prior to delivery. My point was plain lead, as in electronics, shot, weights and natural ground water. It is a complex issue, but there is no doubt that silver is more deadly to organisms. Cheers, RickO