Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

How to document your collection in 2020?

I know this is probably a common question ... I've not been active in the forums for a few years and I've tried searching for similar threads but not finding any solid discussions.

Really hoping there are some good websites/tools out there for documenting my collection. I've got some of it in Excel spreadsheet but I'd really prefer something online where I can upload my photos and show it off to friends/family.

#45 collector; always seeking
upgrades or quality additions
to my Galion & Crestline OH
collections.

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some collectors use Liberty Street software. https://www.libertystreet.com/USA-Paper-Money-Software.htm

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2020 10:53PM

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

This not my site but you can see the nice job this collector has done with his fractional currency...explanations of the issues with notes in his collection etc.
    myfractionalnotes.com

• DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

I use an excel spreadsheet with all kinds of categories including a note section for any comments that do not fit in the regular categories such as purchase date, purchase amount, coin type and information, seller, sell price, etc. I can understand that this is not sufficient when wanting to show also the picture of the coin to friends and family. However, be careful of software as it may likely store this information in the cloud and can be hacked or intercepted. There are those criminal elements that search out the residence of coin collectors.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee