Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Super Express 5 day submission question

Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am planning on sending this card in on a Super Express submission. It wouldn't be required based on raw value but if it grades where I think it should that is the amount I will get charged so I am willing to take the gamble on price up front for the speed and the desire for the top graders to review the card. When you look at the site you will see the real time submission averages and all of the premium subs just have their stated time frame listed.

Has anyone sent a card in on a 5 day submission and if so I am curious how accurate the estimate is? Thank you

Here is the card I plan to submit.

Comments

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great looking Hogan,good luck!

• FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

I submitted at that level last month and PSA met the five day time estimate for grading. Good luck!

-Nathanael

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Frozencaribou said:
    I submitted at that level last month and PSA met the five day time estimate for grading. Good luck!

-Nathanael

Thank you for the response.

Hopefully you did well.

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I submitted an express recently and things are going well. The sub logged this past Monday and already in the grading phase on Tuesday. Made it all the way through to shipping by Friday and that is where it still resides. Hoping for some good news this Tuesday!

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

That blue mark above the Hulksters right shoulder, scanner related?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    That blue mark above the Hulksters right shoulder, scanner related?

No. It is in the card. It looks like a piece of dried ink or something.

I went through my Hogan's and Andre's so see if I could find anything similar and found these two that have a similar issue but perhaps not as pronounced.

You can see on the Andre a spot on the lower border under the N and right on the same straight line above his shoulder.

On this Hogan you will see in the left border where the frame stars one as well.

I don't have the expectation that this will grade a 10. I have shown it to three people that are very good with cards and one being the guy who has submitted most of the Hogan 9's and he says mint and so do the other two. The person who encouraged me to send it to PSA at this high of a service level used to be a grader at PSA and he said it was my best route. If this card grades in the 8's it should be the first 8.5 because the centering is the best you can find. This is 10 centering which is almost impossible on this card. The last 8 went for $1,385 plus tax so just over $1,500. The last 9 went for $4,050.

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, that card is a stunner, David.

Good luck with the grade.

@robert67 said:
    Wow, that card is a stunner, David.

Good luck with the grade.

Thank you. We shall see. Here are some pics I took and you can see it presents extremely well so regardless of grade it will be a special copy.

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Not a wrestling guy, but it is a real beauty of a card. good luck!

PackManInNC

@mexpo75 said:
    Not a wrestling guy, but it is a real beauty of a card. good luck!

Thanks for the comment.

A huge percentage of the yellow cards from both sets are off centered and so I am thrilled to own a copy that has near perfect centering. I have been buying copies of this card for closing in on 11 years so fun to add it to my collection.

This is a super cool order form that features the Hulk from an AWA program in 1982. Scanned this today to put on Twitter and IG so might as well as to the thread.

• GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

The card looks and presents fantastic in the Card Saver!
    Good luck on your submission. That is a beautiful card.

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great centering on the card and can’t get much better than this one on the centering. Should grade well, and if it was my card my only concern would be the bottom right corner and right edge coloration keeping it from being a higher grade. When I review cards if I can see a corner point or color/paper missing I know I am not getting a 9 or higher - outside of the right side the eye appeal is outstanding on this card. Good luck with the sub.

• NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

Razor sharp and dead on centering. What is the difference in value between a 9 & 10 for this Card?

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too

@NJ80sBBC said:
    Razor sharp and dead on centering. What is the difference in value between a 9 & 10 for this Card?

A ton.

There are no 10's.

A 10 is easily 25k and probably closer to 50k.

edited June 8, 2020 5:41PM

My order was logged today. I sent in three orders for a total of 141 cards so having one in the super express lane and marking the box appropriately definitely sped things up.

Edit: Got a subsequent email and saw I had an order in for grading and it is in line.

1 1 47039306 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 2 Hulk Hogan Card

Swing and a miss.

They must have really hammered me for the ink dot.

• handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bottom right corner looks dinged?

@handyman said:
    Bottom right corner looks dinged?

No.

Top left corner is just barely touched.

I have six PSA 7's and hard to feel like this is just fractionally better.

No biggie. Just is going to make my 8's and 9's that much more valuable over time.

Wow, sorry to hear that was the grade. I still think that is an incredible card with great eye appeal. Curious as to what you think it would go for if you put it up.

@Gansetttime said:
    Wow, sorry to hear that was the grade. I still think that is an incredible card with great eye appeal. Curious as to what you think it would go for if you put it up.

The last two times I got really excited about a card and put them out there they graded lower than I expected. I had a Steamboat I thought had a shot at a 10 and it got an 8 and I felt certain this was an 8.5 or higher. I was nervous on how they would treat the ink dot and it is what it is. Even with the $229 to get it graded I am still in the money but not the home run I was looking for.

The last 7 went for $553 and somehow a BGS 7.5 went for $1,489.76 and feedback was left.

Here is the BGS 7.5

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Wrestling-All-Stars-Series-A-Hulk-Hogan-True-RC-Rookie-Card-2-BVG-7-5/193494947368?hash=item2d0d329628:g:TV0AAOSwfEVe1vKC

Here you have an absolutely embarrassing BGS 9.5 that went for $2,650. This is beyond a head scratcher.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Wrestling-All-Stars-Series-A-Hulk-Hogan-2-BGS-9-5-GEM-MINT-POP-10-WWE-WWF/254613714056?hash=item3b4828f488:g:FnYAAOSwZgBe1DxR

I am going to keep the card as it has the best centering of any copy I own but I think this would be an example where buyers would focus on the eye appeal and award it a strong price. I bet it would go $800+. BIN probably a grand.

Here is the last 8 that went for $1,340.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-Wrestling-All-Stars-Series-A-2-Hulk-Hogan-PSA-8-NM-MT/373070338561?hash=item56dcb99a01:g:qpkAAOSwR25e1DYK

Certainly not a bad copy but clearly off side to side and the normal size which is a 1/16 shorter so centering looks worse and you have the little black line in the left border. Corners are very strong on this copy and print quality is very good.

I estimate I am in the card for around $475 with the very high grading fee so can't complain. Got it graded fast and my other cards logged in fast so that is worth something too.

• firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

@Dpeck100 said:
    I am planning on sending this card in on a Super Express submission. It wouldn't be required based on raw value but if it grades where I think it should that is the amount I will get charged so I am willing to take the gamble on price up front for the speed and the desire for the top graders to review the card. When you look at the site you will see the real time submission averages and all of the premium subs just have their stated time frame listed.

Has anyone sent a card in on a 5 day submission and if so I am curious how accurate the estimate is? Thank you

Here is the card I plan to submit.

I did a super express and this week, 1 card was graded in 2 days, but it failed min requirement i put. I think i doomed myself with min grade cause they took my money again, 0-2 in that category.

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2020 7:24PM

@Dpeck100 said:
    1 1 47039306 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 2 Hulk Hogan Card

Swing and a miss.

They must have really hammered me for the ink dot.

I felt they would, just not as much as they did.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crack and resub at a regular service level and you will get a higher grade. Sometimes you have to work for that grade.

In my last express sub only one of the four cards was graded to expectations. Will resub and believe my judgment. Graders spend 10 seconds on a card. We obsess over every detail on cards we have high hopes for.

Don’t give up! That isn’t a 7.5.

• 80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. That is 1-2 subs away from a 9. Great card.

• azvikeazvike Posts: 352 ✭✭✭

I agree also...doesn't look right in a 7.5 holder...

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

If it helps, I just had an express order clear in 4 days so you could send it back in at that level under the radar a bit and see how she does. I can't imagine it would end up in a less holder so its virtually risk free (after cracking).

edited August 2, 2020 7:19AM

A PSA 7 with the dot next to Hogan's head just sold for $1,802.

Maybe my declared value of $2,500 on the submission form wasn't wrong!

I sent in these two Flair's on express and they are in for grading. It will be interesting to see how quickly they turn around.

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel your pain on the Hogan. They are hammering me on everything of any value at the moment. Hopefully it lightens up to acceptable standards soon

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dpeck100 said:
    A PSA 7 with the dot next to Hogan's head just sold for $1,802.

Maybe my declared value of $2,500 on the submission form wasn't wrong!

I sent in these two Flair's on express and they are in for grading. It will be interesting to see how quickly they turn around.

i suspect it will be indeed be quick........i shipped an express service card out on the 20th of last month and had it back in my hands by the 31st

best of luck with the Flairs.........love the baby blue

@rexvos said:
    I feel your pain on the Hogan. They are hammering me on everything of any value at the moment. Hopefully it lightens up to acceptable standards soon

I got these back not too long ago from a CC renewal sub where I had a few get hit with MIN SIZE.

1 1 47038513 EXCELLENT 5 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 2 Hulk Hogan Card
    2 1 47038514 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 27 Ric Flair Card
    3 1 47038515 EXCELLENT 5 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 1 Andre the Giant Card

The Hogan had a right top corner issue and the Andre was a typical copy and I was shooting for an 8 on the Flair so I was very pleased there. My last few subs I can't really complain and I felt good about the grades.

@galaxy27 said:

best of luck with the Flairs.........love the baby blue

That speed is great to hear! Both of these Flair's came from sealed sets and should grade well. Fingers crossed!

Good luck Dave, cards look really sharp!

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2020 4:27AM

@rexvos said:

I'm seeing the same thing!! ugh...

@Dpeck100 - as others have said, I'd resub this.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

@Gansetttime said:
    Good luck Dave, cards look really sharp!

Thank you!

Both have strong centering, very sharp, no white line on the lower left, and no print issues. I was worried about the Hogan but feel good about these and think they will do well.

We will know pretty soon!

We are in QA Check 2 right now. Been there since this morning.

Now I am really in the constant hit refresh mode! Haha

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 48669932 MINT 9 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 27 Ric Flair Card
    2 1 48669933 MINT 9 1982 Wrestling All-Stars Series A 27 Ric Flair Card

Both got 9's

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two 9's is pretty good given that set. Congrats.

Thanks guys. These two are literally pack fresh and so clean.

I thought the one with perfect centering might 10 but obviously a 9 is a great grade.

When beauties like this come from some of the only sealed packs left it just makes my two 10's that much more valuable.

Very excited to add these to my Flair stash.