Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

PSA Super Express 5 day submission question

Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am planning on sending this card in on a Super Express submission. It wouldn't be required based on raw value but if it grades where I think it should that is the amount I will get charged so I am willing to take the gamble on price up front for the speed and the desire for the top graders to review the card. When you look at the site you will see the real time submission averages and all of the premium subs just have their stated time frame listed.

Has anyone sent a card in on a 5 day submission and if so I am curious how accurate the estimate is? Thank you

Here is the card I plan to submit.

Comments

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great looking Hogan,good luck!

Eric

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys. This Hogan is very nice. It is even nicer in hand. The yellow cards do not scan very well and when I blow them up they look worse than they are.

I have 25 Hogan's including the uncut sheet and this has the best centering of any copy I own.

This is my best Hogan 9.

• FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

I submitted at that level last month and PSA met the five day time estimate for grading. Good luck!

-Nathanael

@Frozencaribou said:
    I submitted at that level last month and PSA met the five day time estimate for grading. Good luck!

-Nathanael

Thank you for the response.

Hopefully you did well.

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭✭

I submitted an express recently and things are going well. The sub logged this past Monday and already in the grading phase on Tuesday. Made it all the way through to shipping by Friday and that is where it still resides. Hoping for some good news this Tuesday!

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

That blue mark above the Hulksters right shoulder, scanner related?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    That blue mark above the Hulksters right shoulder, scanner related?

No. It is in the card. It looks like a piece of dried ink or something.

I went through my Hogan's and Andre's so see if I could find anything similar and found these two that have a similar issue but perhaps not as pronounced.

You can see on the Andre a spot on the lower border under the N and right on the same straight line above his shoulder.

On this Hogan you will see in the left border where the frame stars one as well.

I don't have the expectation that this will grade a 10. I have shown it to three people that are very good with cards and one being the guy who has submitted most of the Hogan 9's and he says mint and so do the other two. The person who encouraged me to send it to PSA at this high of a service level used to be a grader at PSA and he said it was my best route. If this card grades in the 8's it should be the first 8.5 because the centering is the best you can find. This is 10 centering which is almost impossible on this card. The last 8 went for $1,385 plus tax so just over $1,500. The last 9 went for $4,050.

• robert67robert67 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Wow, that card is a stunner, David.

Good luck with the grade.

@robert67 said:
    Wow, that card is a stunner, David.

Good luck with the grade.

Thank you. We shall see. Here are some pics I took and you can see it presents extremely well so regardless of grade it will be a special copy.

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Not a wrestling guy, but it is a real beauty of a card. good luck!

PackManInNC

@mexpo75 said:
    Not a wrestling guy, but it is a real beauty of a card. good luck!

Thanks for the comment.

A huge percentage of the yellow cards from both sets are off centered and so I am thrilled to own a copy that has near perfect centering. I have been buying copies of this card for closing in on 11 years so fun to add it to my collection.

This is a super cool order form that features the Hulk from an AWA program in 1982. Scanned this today to put on Twitter and IG so might as well as to the thread.

• The card looks and presents fantastic in the Card Saver!
    Good luck on your submission. That is a beautiful card.

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great centering on the card and can’t get much better than this one on the centering. Should grade well, and if it was my card my only concern would be the bottom right corner and right edge coloration keeping it from being a higher grade. When I review cards if I can see a corner point or color/paper missing I know I am not getting a 9 or higher - outside of the right side the eye appeal is outstanding on this card. Good luck with the sub.

• NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 414 ✭✭✭

Razor sharp and dead on centering. What is the difference in value between a 9 & 10 for this Card?

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too

@NJ80sBBC said:
    Razor sharp and dead on centering. What is the difference in value between a 9 & 10 for this Card?

A ton.

There are no 10's.

A 10 is easily 25k and probably closer to 50k.