Home Autographs Forum

Michael Jordan Autograph

I have a unique autograph from Michael Jordan. Long story short, when I was in 8th grade I had a friend who had a cousin who played for the Bulls. The Bulls played Milwaukee (where I grew up) in the first round of the playoffs that year (Jordan's rookie year as you can see in the caption of one of the photographs), and I got to go downtown with my friend to the hotel where the Bulls were staying. The unfortunate thing is that I was 14 and used a cruddy looking piece of paper with pictures scotch-taped to it for Michael Jordan to sign. Then I also ended up leaving it in a box in my parent's attic until years later, at which point I had the autograph framed to at least preserve it from that point forward.

So my question is, does this really have any significant worth?

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea on specific value. I am sure someone would buy it and trim away all the "noise" and keep the inscription and signature.

Be careful where you display it. Sunlight and flourescent light bulbs will fade the ink.

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

In addition to what JBK has said, there is also a chance that the paper itself will age poorly. It probably isn't high quality paper. A Michael Jordan rookie autograph that you know is authentic is worth taking care of. While I have no idea as to its value it is likely to be a popular item with the many Michael Jordan fans. Take good care of it and keep it out of direct light.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Thanks for your input, much appreciated. Right now it is in my basement, with no exposure to sunlight or fluorescent lighting.

@coolhand37 said:
    Thanks for your input, much appreciated. Right now it is in my basement, with no exposure to sunlight or fluorescent lighting.

Sounds good. But remember, if you use those twisty bulbs, those are CFLs - the F standing for Flourescent. Would need to use incadescent or LED.

• I use LEDs, so good there.

Long-term someone might have a different idea of how to trim/display it, but I kind of like it as is.

Looks good in the frame, and there is a personal story behind it,

• Very cool.

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

I'd think the sentimental value would exceed any monetary one...

Neat piece!

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Got a signed baseball from him during his only year in baseball. Not sure what it is worth, could be more than a few dollars due to his fame.

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Frame it in museum glass, will also help with UV's and what not.

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

I think a nice mat would do wonders too
    IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.