Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Perú 200 N Soles 2009, P.186 delivered to PCGS 04/20/2020, not yet received.

migueldelriomigueldelrio Posts: 39 ✭✭
edited May 8, 2020 12:18PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Sent this submission to PCGS:

The packaging itself was very secure.

Note that insurance precludes me from addressing the submission directly to PCGS by name and from using phrases like "BANKNOTE SUBMISSION" on the package. The submission will be shared when it's "received."

I have three submissions with PCGS order numbers that are likewise addressed, all received within 3 business days of delivery, from April 20th through April 29th. A fourth was delivered this Monday, addressed to Luis M Vilchis.

This begs the question, "When has a submission gone missing?"

Attentively,

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

No idea. I am a bit confused, though.

Why have two different names been used on various packages (Vilchis/Gonzales)? With so many packages in a short time why not combine them and send in one registered package? That would also save multiple invoice fees.

You must have your reasons, but in any case, your package was "delivered" by the USPS, but I am not sure there is any way to know to whom with Priority Mail like that.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

:'( !!!

Timbuk3

Interesting....

Well, you followed their rules so they are on the hook if the package does not show up at PCGS. But, I assume you'd much rather have the babknote...

I assume (hope) it is just delayed due to confusion caused by the virus.

Next question...why is that note so special? Especially being such a recent issue.

I know that because you want to have it graded it is obviously valuable, but is it rare, etc.? I am not familiar with Peru notes.

edited May 19, 2020 10:04AM

I'm confused. The banknote in question is still missing? (That would be bad news).

But they did receive another submission and you want that one returned? Ungraded?

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2020 4:57AM

Everything @JBK said.

So, it did get there. and they returned it ungraded at your request.

A happy ending? :#