Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Spring Giveaway Winner! Closed

CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 26, 2020 4:41AM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

And the winners are EXOJUNKIE! Prize #1
and Mgarmy! Prize #2
Mgarmy was the first of the draw and also happens to be the winner of the last giveaway, so I drew another winner to be fair. This was a random draw, so Mgarmy must have the luck of the draw.
Congratulations to both of you.

So this is my third giveaway. This is my way of getting to know some of you and to learn about what motivates other collectors. I promised a new years giveaway after my last one for thanksgiving, it's a few months late but I figured now is a good time to give something nice to the hobby. It is national coin week, which happens to end on my birthday, and i think this might cheer a few people up given current events.
The prize will be given at random from the pot of entries. The prize will be one of five coin lots listed below.
Entry deadline is midnight 4-25-2020 PST.
To enter:
1) Start your post with Giveaway Entry to be entered into the drawing. Only one entry per person. You may post as many comments as you like, but you will only be entered for the drawing once.
2) Tell about the coin set you are trying to build. Tell as much or as little as you like as long as it is relevant to your coin set or an expireance building your set.
3) Choose your prize from the available selections. Clearly mark Prize #
4) Post.

The amount of information you share will not effect your chances of winning, this is a random draw.
The winner will be randomly drawn on 4-26-2020. I will message the winner after the drawing. I will cover shipping charges to the U.S., for international I will cover the first $10 of shipping anything over that will need compensation.

Prize #1)
Complete Littleton 20th Century Type Set Folder with Barber era coins in birth year slots.

Prize #2)
Near Complete Brilliant Uncirculated 1999-2020 Whitman Deluxe Quarter folders with Circulation Cent & Nickel Commemoratives and copper rounds with currency designs.

Prize #3)
Copper Bullion Mega Lot

Prize #4)
Exonumia and silver coin culls.

Prize#5)
Dollar Coins

Comments

• CollectorBonEZCollectorBonEZ Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭

I personally have been focused on Palau coins including the Marine Life Protection series, the Skull series, and a few random designs that I think are very well made and Peru 1/2 dineros. Back when shows were still going on, I had a lot of fun going from table to table searching through boxes and binders for the raw 1/2 dineros.

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/oceania/palau/palau-complete-skull-set-2016-present/7112

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/oceania/palau/palau-marine-life-protection-series-design-set-proof-1992-2017/6074

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/south-america/peru/peru-1-2-dinero-basic-set-circulation-strikes-1893-1917/3266

edited April 19, 2020 5:01AM

Mdcoincollector2003
    Onastone
    jwitten
    oih82w8
    Winesteven

Are all still entered in the drawing as their original posts were deleted with the original thread. Please feel free to repost.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry. I am working on a set of IHC by means of detecting and digging. Even dug 70's and S mm so I'm an eternal optimist with killer ground locales. Have a good day. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

The original thread went poof? Just to repost, I'm thinking about putting a set of Peace Dollars together. Seems like a date set I bought years ago, which I thought was okay, turned out they were all cleaned. So I'll work on another set but will try to be more careful, look for luster, and try to spot those cleaned this time.

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2020 7:53PM

Giveaway Entry - Not trying to enter twice, as I see from above that my early entry from late last night is preserved, but I just wanted to share the information I originally posted.

Last May I read an article that Classic Silver Commemoratives had dropped in price quite significantly from just three to five years ago or so. Kind of like a hot knife through butter. I then noticed that the pricing differential in general for those coins with CAC’s compared to those without CAC’s was negligible. As such, at that time I started putting together a 50 coin Classic Silver Commem Type Set. As of now, I need only 9 more. Best of all, it’s been fun, which is what our wonderful hobby is all about.

1. If I’m lucky enough for the random drawing, I select Prize #1.
    2. You are so VERY generous with the values of the prizes offered! Thanks so very much!
    3. I see from the Birth Year Set portion at the bottom of Prize #1 that you’re celebrating your 113th birthday! Congrats!!!😂.
    4. Below is a hotlink to my 50 coin Classic Silver Commem Type Set, a work in progress.

Thanks, stay safe, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Steve
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/commemoratives/commemoratives-major-sets/silver-commemoratives-50-piece-type-set-circulation-strikes-1892-1954/publishedset/189058

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

@winesteven said:
    3. I see from the Birth Year Set portion at the bottom of Prize #1 that you’re celebrating your 113th birthday! Congrats!!!😂.

Yes, I am one of the oldest men alive and I am so healthy and fit I feel like am turning 29.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry.

I don’t collect in a set but buy and collect what I like. I guess if you look at it all it could be called a type set. Here’s a recent pickup.

If I’m lucky enough i would pick prize #1.

Thanks for the chance!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry

I am working on Germany 1873-1945 by date and mintmarks 1pf-1M. About 30 years ago, I realized I had a lot of German coins in my misc world coin bag, so I organized them and started searching the dealers junk boxes for dates I didn't have. I probably have 70% of them now and the dates I need are unlikely to be found in junk boxes, so I haven't added much recently.

While not necessarily a set, I have also been interested in U.S. classic commems now that prices are low. I had the civil war related issues like Gettysburg, Antietam, Stone Mt, and Grant (no star). Need to get an Illinois with Lincoln and selectively add others that I feel have interesting designs or events (sorry, Lynchburg, New Rochelle, and Cincinnati Music Hall)

Thanks for sponsoring the giveaway. My preference is prize #1

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry....I have returned to completing my Kennedy half dollar set..that I abandoned back in 2008....I would choose prize #4. Cheers, RickO

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry. Thank you for the opportunity!

I’m currently working on a full type set of US Coins, a circulation set of US Philippine coins, and a Morgan dollar set. I’ve got a long way to go but I’ve had a lot of fun getting coins over the last 6 months. I had largely been out of collecting for a long time.

I’m not sure which would be my favorite set. In some ways it might be the Philippine set even though I only have 5 coins in it.

I’ll choose #1. As you can tell, I love my type sets...

• markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry, I have mostly focused on a u.s. gold type set but gold has skyrocketed in price so I have been working on just get U.S. classic type coins

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

**Giveaway Entry...thank you for the opportunity to win! I would choose prize #1.

My main focus right now is trying to complete my 20th Century mint state gold type set. Sounds simple but I’m trying to do each coin in a PCGS gold shield slab which is proving to be quite the challenge. I have a couple of the ones I need in NGC holders that I may submit to crossover.

Here’s 5 of the 8 so far.

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2020 9:06AM

@Downtown1974 said:

My main focus right now is trying to complete my 20th Century MS Gold Type Set. Sounds simple but I’m trying to do each coin in a PCGS Gold Shield slab which is proving to be quite the challenge.

You know, for those gold coins already in PCGS holders without a Gold Shield, where you really like the coin for the grade, for just $17 each (MUCH less than grading fees) PCGS will replace the holder with a Gold Shield (AND TrueView is included for you in that fee), and there's no risk of having the grade changed. Additionally, the cert number will remain unchanged (to play it safe, you should indicate that request on the Submission form).

With the above in mind, why limit yourself to searching only for coins that already have the Gold Shield, when you may end up "settling" for a coin with the Gold Shield that's not nearly as nice in that same grade as one without the Gold Shield? Broaden your search to make it easier to find the coin(s) that YOU like!

Stay safe, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry. Working on a Franklin set. I choose prize #1. Thank You for the opportunity.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2020 9:56AM

Just completed a circulated Roosevelt set and have not decided where to go next......It will be circulated for sure as I like the fact that coins are used in commerce and were meant to circulate.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry.

My main focus for years was the barber silver coins: dimes, quarters & half dollars. I did go a bit nutty, and collected about 6 complete sets of dimes [minus the '94 S of course]. One complete set of quarters, and about 5 others without the '01 S, and a bunch of Half dollar sets.

Lately I have been involved in Bust half dollars, by die marriage and related materials.

As an aside, I also have complete sets of Red Books, one missing only one year, from 1947 to 1988 signed by Yeoman, one set signed by Ken Bressett, and several sets of Special Editions.

One recent pick up at the last Chicago show was the latest special edition.

[Note: I don't know why, but I can't post pictures here.]

Prizes: [in order of preference] #1, of course, then #5 and then #4

Frank

BHNC #203

• JTHawaiiJTHawaii Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

Giveaway entry - prize 1

I am working on a Kennedy half set from roll searching. Rolls are not always available but it’s been fun to fill. I am hoping I won’t have to pick up mint sets to complete it but so far I only found 2 NIFC.

Thank you for the giveaway.

Successful BST Transactions With: AUandAG, SurfinxHI, tightbudget, dmarks, jfoot13, jimineez1, PerryHall, rte592, cucamongacoin, Flackthat, robkool, Walkerguy21D, pruebas, KJB, LukeMarshall, 1630Boston, chumley, privatecoin, Histman, SullyFan2, al410, mcarney1173, Coinflip, mbogoman, dm679864, commoncents05, scooter25

• EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry. Appreciate your generosity. Thanks for the opportunity. Prize #1 please if I win.

Most recently I’ve been having fun collecting the elongateds catalogued in Martin & Dow! Here are a couple of newps. Both are pretty scarce:

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry.
    I am collecting high grade pre WWII world silver that are still affordable.
    Prize #3)
    Copper Bullion Mega Lot

Btw, the pictures of #2 is Copper Bullion Mega Lot and #3 is 1999-2020 Whitman Deluxe Quarter

• JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry - working on a 1793-1807 Large Cent set. Must be problem free in PCGS or NGC. Still need a 93, 99, 05, 06.
    Prize #1 please, if I might be so lucky.
    Thanks for the very generous giveaway!

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

Working on a superior eye appeal set of Washington Quarters. Down to only one now but been stuck on it for some time. Maybe I am being a tad too picky!

1 please

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry. Thank you for the chance, very generous.

I'm currently working on collecting large cents, my most recent purchase was a 1795 large cent. Love collecting and the history of US coins.

Prize #1

Again Thank you, Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry.
    I am putting together a wood-grain set of Lincoln Cents.
    Also, like @AUandAG , I like circulated coins, and (I know this seems odd) I am assembling a set of Lincoln Cents 1959-date that are the most worn I can find (all from roll searches.)
    Lowly Lincolns that have done what they were intended to do.
    1959-1969 are fairly easy.
    After that....not so much.
    And I know if I ever finish the collection, no one will care but me.🙂
    Thanks for your generous giveaway.
    I would choose #4.

• NLLNLL Posts: 34

Giveaway entry
    I had started collecting the silver Roosevelt dimes and wheat cents from circulation by buying boxes at the banks and searching through them. Not only was it exciting to find a slot filler for my coin books, it helped me expand my collecting interests. Oddly enough I have just recently in the last few months decided that I was going to start a type coin collection and will eventually buy a Dansco 7070 album. Thanks so much for the chance to win a great prize! If I win I would choose prize number 1. Thanks!

• MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry: First of all, Thank you!
    I've been collecting now for a quite a few years. My greatest feat was finishing a type set of my own. I've had a bunch of fun filling albums from junk silver at the couple local shops here in town and that's been my primary focus - Roosies, Merc's, Walkers & Franklins! Love them all. B)

The mega copper collection looks awesome! Prize #3 please.

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway entry. Thank you for the opportunity!

I’m currently working on PF and MS 68/70 ASE set only tough one I have remaining is the 95w and am trying to convince CINC living room I have done enough honey do’s to drop the coin on it. I was collecting CC morgans but it has just gotten out of control price wise in 64 or better.

I’ll choose #2 Ty again

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• TunisTunis Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry
    Thanks for the opportunity. I would choose Prize #4.
    My daughter got interested in coins as her grandfather(my father) collected them on a small scale. When he passed away, the coins came to us.
    My daughter collects coins that go into her Whitman folders. With the help of collectors on the site, she has completed several books.
    I collected Proof Lincolns and Capped Bust Halfs. A big range in coins but we enjoy our cent collection as much as my old silver.
    Thanks for the opportunity.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry #1

Just started working on a gold type set for my kids.

I have collected pretty much everything with a focus on toned eye appealing (to me anyway) coins.

Thank you for the chance and generous giveaways.

G

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2020 12:24PM

Giveaway entry.

4 Exonumia and silver coin culls

Working on my 19th Century Everyman Type Collection.

Continued success!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • PlatinumDuckPlatinumDuck Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry

I've been collecting Guatemala coins from 1925-1964 for the past few years. I unfortunately had to move the majority of what I had over the past few months, but I have been able to hold on to most of the pieces I really enjoy. Right now I'm concentrating on silver 25 Centavos from 1950 to 1959.

Prize #1

Thank you for the opportunity!

Great Deals Buying and Selling: Metalsman, BobSav, Rick300, endzone, Swampboy, somecoins, Musca, commoncents05, Refrema, tonyhar, joebb21, kalshacon, JeremyDie1, percyb, scrapman1077, indiananationals, wondercoin, pragmaticgoat, tonedSilver, theboz11, Timbuk3, bigmarty58, HCumberdale, jp84, OnlyGoldIsMoney, UNLVino, coinguy1989, drewsef, coindeuce, pjcoins, giorgio11, Sullykerry52, KollectorKing, privatecoin, jclovescoins, Smittys, bronco2078, ajaan, jdmern, bidask, jrt103, CoinPhysicist, bigjpst, OKCC, Skanderbeg, pruebas, dizzlecc, MasonG, spummybum, SurfinxHI, snowequities

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭

1) Giveaway Entry.
    2) I am currently working on a Dansco 7070 Type Set. It has been a work in progress for years, having reached a point where I am down to the higher dollar coins (hard to spend too much on a teacher salary). I am also in the process of creating a custom page to include the recent Lincolns and Jeffersons.
    3) If I was chosen, I would choose Prize #5.

Thanks for the chance on this most excellent giveaway!

imageimage

• rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry

all business strike sets, no proofs
    franklins, roosevelts, washies
    ans a us-philippine type set which includes holes for spanish - phillipine coins

prize #1

very generous, thanks for the chance

• MJ1927MJ1927 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry

Having taken a brief pause from US coins, I am focusing predominantly on updating my British hammered coin collection- I've had my eye on an Elizabeth I Silver crown but it still eludes me at the moment.

Having said I am briefly taking a break from US coinage, I'd love Prize #1 if I am selected.

Just want to add how generous this is of you, you're a credit to the community!

• Giveaway Entry

I am currently working on many albums! The main albums I am working on are all the silver one like mercury dimes, roosevelt dimes, standing liberty quarters, washigton quarters, etc. If I'm selected I would love prize #1

• CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry

I’m working on a set of early date large cents.
    I’d choose prize #1. Thanks!

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2020 9:54AM

I'm currently putting together all key date coins for my U.S. type set as well as upgrades (non-key dates) to any existing ones... Here's my most recent pick-ups. If I win... My prize pick is # 1 Thanks for the chance...

• ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

Giveaway Entry. Prize #5 would be cool.

I am working on a peace dollar album. I have a certified set but really like trying to fill the album.

Thank you so much again!

Stay safe

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

@CollectorBonEZ, you’re awesome! Thank you!!!

ANA LM

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations EXOJUNKIE and Mgarmy! Very generous giveaway prizes!

Recieved the coins today. Ty so much again. Stay safe

@CollectorBonEZ, prize received and very, very much appreciated! Take care!

ANA LM