Home U.S. Coin Forum

Kathy got a new toy and it’s getting serious here

KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin in change picture keeps it coin related but some others will appreciate my progression on this:

Joined boards 2017 made and shared a DYI photo box. Made it with hot glue bold good will camera and cardboard

2018-19
Kathy starts really learning and buys a portable scope

March 2020 Launch

Kathy starts her own business and now upgraded her portable scope to a 14” base with everything. Good space to engrave take video or pics and can be used to take better GTG shots. Mind you this is Pocket change but you can see the difference in my ability to take pictures now and the scope is awesome

And now the Reveal

e

Best place to buy !
Bronze Associate member

Comments

• bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW! 🙂

Ken
  • No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations. Hope it magnifies your enjoyment of our hobby

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! B)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the quarter would be @Ricko @RickO1 @Insider2 approved. Blast white in focus and I’m just getting the hang of her. She needs a name.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's really nice!

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I figured your new toy was gonna be a Boy Toy! ;)

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2020 4:17PM

That's a great set-up!

To paraphrase someone (I think), if you're going to go, go big!

• 1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

That's a serious Scope, Great set-up and outstanding pictures, nice to treat yourself to something that's useful. Keep up the good work and share those pictures!

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool! I'm jealous. Lol
    Nice investment. B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2020 5:11PM

Awesome!! Have fun & share pics with us!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stereo Zoom Microscope...and "junior" off to the side.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks good @Kkathyl ... With that setup you will not miss anything. Look out though... sometimes you can see too much.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl ..... you GO GIRL! Very impressive and such a bold career move B) Best of the best for you.

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy the scope! They're great for studying die varieties.

(Oh, and nice blinds. ;) )

edited March 26, 2020 10:37PM

@oih82w8 said:
    Stereo Zoom Microscope...and "junior" of
    @oih82w8 said:

For all of you great people who have brought me along the way from knowing nothing, to now owning my own small virtual business, I thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. No short cuts on the learning of coins but a lot of help on this BST. You all gave to me something. While I was out and down just a few months ago I realized I can do it my way!!! So to all the friends and foes Thank you with all my Love and respect. So for the Newbies here is the baby original macro scope that Kathy used I can now chuckle I have strong mind and hands.

I hot glued a lenses from GOODWILL and MADE a cheap dollar store phone holder and even posted it to the boards. about my invention

Now it’s time to chuckle. On a serious note over the past few months I Educated myself ( WIP) and with Corona Virus the stars aligned. I have all the Tech support all the access and all the will to Succeed. You can do it too. Stay strong Time to upgrade. Education or just smarter buying strategies. It took me 9 days to get my business up and running. If you want any mentoring DM me. Only serious DM please I booked up for next few weeks but I will read and respond.

Stay safe

Kathy

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that's a Stud(studioscope). There you got a name. Lol. Congrats, I always thought of having a nice scope setup, but you pulled the cord. I am sure you will enjoy it's uses.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

M baby M

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk said:
    Enjoy the scope! They're great for studying die varieties.

(Oh, and nice blinds. ;) )

Very nice blinds!!! :):):):):)

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like sooo much fun! Now experiment with an ultra violet light, you'll be surprised what you can see!

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool! Congrats. :)

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    That looks like sooo much fun! Now experiment with an ultra violet light, you'll be surprised what you can see!

And florescent!

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your hard hat needs some coin related stickers to break it in. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're having fun now :)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

You go girl. A mighty nice set up i like

• shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm having flashbacks to my microbiology days.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where's your scale? You must have a scale!

My scale lies to be so I threw it away.

Got a put those grams On it got a put those grams on it

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kathy congrats on your new adventure

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28, 2020 4:31PM

WOW. I always wanted one of those.

By the way: Name the Quarter "Kathy K Ricksider2".

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2020 4:34AM

That must be great for coin examination and looking at details. Fun!

As for the images...well they're obviously not that great. But that's not really the point, right?
    Lance.

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats, Kathy! I may have missed it..... what's the new business?

edited April 4, 2020 8:33AM

DM Me

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry about the timing but GOOD LUCK!!!!

Vplite99

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file