Home U.S. Coin Forum

Albanese Rare Coins. --- an update!!

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2, 2020 9:21AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Have you purchased coins from Albanese Rare Coins?? Do their online images accurately represent the coins?? Thanks in advance.

Al H.

Well, after considering what everyone had said I "reached out" last Saturday and exchanged a few e-mails with Bonnie Sabel and then a couple of phone calls on Monday to finalize things. The coin arrived today and is everything I expected. The tone is ever so slightly darker in-hand but it is clear that all MS65's aren't created equal!! I will probably have PCGS place it in a secure holder while PCGSPhoto does what Phil does. This one isn't your typical Cleveland.

I should add that Bonnie was all you gents had said she was, easy to work with, knowledgeable and kind. I think we talked for about 20 minutes Monday and I felt better because of it.

Thanks everyone for your help and guidance.

Comments

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have, but only a couple times, but it's been over 10 years.

I can only say at that time the images reflected the actual coin very well. Picked up a couple beautiful Seated Quarters from them. Very pleased.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I have not.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some excellent compliments from good people.

• CWT1863CWT1863 Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭

I have helped Bonnie at her booth at many shows and I can not say enough good things about her. She is very honest and knowledgeable. I have also purchased several coins from her and she is great to work with. She is a great person and she always has fantastic coins. I highly recommend her.

ANA-LM, CWTS-LM, NBS, TAMS, ANS

• She is a really honest dealer.

• littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭

I always found her to be a person of integrity!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Bonnie Sabel runs the Albanese Rare Coins site--those coins pictured are all her coins. She is the best of the best! I've had excellent results both buying from her and consigning to her. No worries at all.

TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • SSRSSR Posts: 235 ✭✭✭✭

Great person from having done a few deals with her over the years. No issue there

www.paradimecoins.com - Specializing in Top Pop Type PCGS CAC coins. Subscribe To Our NEWPs Mailing List

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a couple nice coins from her. She's great to work with. Lots of fun to talk to as well.

• RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeez, I'll pile it on. Bonnie is the most honest, nicest, down to earth dealer on the dance floor. Good eye for color. Their on-line images, if anything, are understated.

Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

She has a saint that is about $100 lower than anything I've seen in the last few days if anyone is interested.

http://www.coinace.com/192420saintgaudensms64ngc.aspx

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good info to know

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see some nice coins on the website :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ReadyFireAim said:
    She has a saint that is about $100 lower than anything I've seen in the last few days if anyone is interested.

And now it's GONE :D
    Did somebody here scoop it?...If so, I think you did well.

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bonnie's always been great to deal with. Another kudos here.

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I have not done business with Bonnie, she is always the nicest and most welcoming person at every coin show I have attended

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2020 2:53PM

She is amiable. She has quality coins. I bought from her once. I really paid up but I got a great coin for my money. Her images are poor, so the coins look far better in hand. This is just my opinion based on my personal experience.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I say this thread I thought it was going to be about rare coins from Albania and I was going to say wrong forum. :D

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

Bonnie is wonderful to do business with, I would recommend.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the pleasure to work with Bonnie for three years (1998-2001), as part of Pinnacle Rarities, so have known her for more than twenty years. She is one of the nicest and friendliest persons I know. But in addition to that, I cant think of anyone who cares about their clients more than she does.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

She is good people, with the coins and on the personal side. Her table always had some showstoppers in the case, and I've bought a few at some of the shows.

Damn, I miss the coin shows already!

• CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

After seeing all the praise, I wanted to check out the inventory.
    Now, how does one navigate the site? All I see are a bunch of directories I have to click through. This can’t be the only way?

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29, 2020 9:42PM

She is one of the most caring and positive people I know> @CuKevin said:

After seeing all the praise, I wanted to check out the inventory.
    Now, how does one navigate the site? All I see are a bunch of directories I have to click through. This can’t be the only way?

She has been using Albanese’s old site so it’s far from robust. I don’t think it’s been updated since inception. I’ve always just toggled on each date to drill to get to the inventory. Yes, very dated. She is pretty much a one person show

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

ttt.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2, 2020 9:47AM

I'm glad it worked out for you. @keets

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin!!

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    Bonnie Sabel has great coins and in my experience has always been "great people". She is a gem to deal with.

She is pretty too. :)

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear. Nice commem!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • CWT1863CWT1863 Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear! Beautiful classic commemorative.

ANA-LM, CWTS-LM, NBS, TAMS, ANS

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the purchase of a gorgeous Cleveland!

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spectacular Cleveland.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great coin, and sounds like the transaction experience was every bit as good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file