Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Something in the hobby that brings a little smile to your face

Even on the dreariest of days in semi-isolation, coming across a Graded Rookies Authenticated card on eBay always brings a smile to my face.

Let’s hear yours!

Comments

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going through my original (early-mid '70's) childhood collection. All those creases and worn corners are familiar and comforting.

Daniel
  • AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got this photo in a large batch of stuff many years ago. I eventually sold off about 99% of my baseball stuff, but kept this photo because I liked it so much.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe.

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2020 5:18PM

My son and I ripping some 89 Topps wax. He likes to pull the All-Star cards and the "Champion Cups." Then he makes a game out of his winnings.

Andy

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man,15yr old me had such high hopes for that Steve Avery rookie back in 89 lol.

• NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

I was such a compulsive stat guy in 89. Avery HS stats were insane. I traded as much as I could for his cards.

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Something that brings a smile to my face in the hobby?

Searching my dupes for hits to your wantlist and you searching your dupes for hits to my wantlist.
    We each size up the trade.
    We each send
    We each receive a few days later and update the respective lists.

Something satisfying about trading cards and helping each other's wantlists.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NJ80sBBC said:
    I was such a compulsive stat guy in 89. Avery HS stats were insane. I traded as much as I could for his cards.

As did I. I envisioned a future of 30 wins/30 homers type seasons from him. Thank God I was only blowing paper route money lol.

• magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    Going through my original (early-mid '70's) childhood collection. All those creases and worn corners are familiar and comforting.

wish i found some of mine,all i found was a tattered 1971Topps Rod Carew had dreams of finding a paper lunch bag of them
    but did somehow manage to hold on to theses from yesteryear......

• JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

Finding an unopened Payton pack that has eluded me.

Opening old wax packs with my 8 year old and getting that excitement back from my youth.

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    I got this photo in a large batch of stuff many years ago. I eventually sold off about 99% of my baseball stuff, but kept this photo because I liked it so much.

that's a great picture!!! I would have kept it to

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭

Great way to start my day. won't be long for baseball, I hope

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started