Home Metal Detecting

Another Coin star find

My wife did it again today at the grocery store Coin star. She found 7 quarters, (All-Clad) and one Sacagawea dollar coin. $2.75 in total. Almost enough for a cup of coffee. Ken

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great find.... better than I have done the past few weeks...Is coffee that expensive now?? I do not drink coffee, so no idea... The last I knew it was 10 cents a cup....yeah, it has been that long.... :D Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Free cash

• goldengolden Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

$2.75 for coffee? I have never had any coffee.

Well...not a Coinstar find... However, in change this week I did get a 1916 cent and a blank cent planchet. Both are keepers... Cheers, RickO

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never gotten a blank cent planchet. I did find a couple of copper blanks the size of quarters when I was in charge of the pop machine years ago at school.

That was the second blank cent planchet for me.... the first was many years ago and I still have that one as well. Cheers, RickO

Scored a 1940 wheat back wednesday. I was happy

Well...finally... yesterday, coins in the reject slot of the Coinstar.... Three zincolns (one badly corroded) and five Rosies (no silver) and one West Indian dime.... Breaks the drought.... maybe more to come.... Cheers, RickO

• Ricko, I found about the same thing on Sunday. One corroded zincoln and nine rosies-no silver.
    Seem to find more dimes than anything.

@THISISMEAGAIN.... I have noticed that as well... when I do find coins in the reject slot, there is almost always a dime or several among perhaps some cents....Sure, sometimes some other coins as well, but dimes sure do appear a lot. Cheers, RickO

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great!

I got 2 badly corroded zincs Monday. It's a start again

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a Canadian dime and quarter (clad) I will spend it on the next fishing trip up North, (hopefully the border will open).

Nothing now for a week.... Soon people will be clearing out change jars, drawers and pockets, so I expect an increase shortly...Cheers, RickO