Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm gonna quit selling coins and start selling.........

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o:o:o

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

My local Kroger was completely sold out this afternoon.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG!!! 323 sold in 1 hour!!!! :o

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crazy times, sanity will be back soon, I hope :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    My local Kroger was completely sold out this afternoon.

My wife took pictures of all the empty shelves at the grocery store this evening. I can see medicine, food, but bungwipe?

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Capitalism in action. Who is laughing at the preppers now? Guess it depends on where you live. I had no trouble buying 8 rolls last night and two packs of baby butt wipes!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spring is almost here so we can always use leaves and ferns. ;-)

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Sold number is going down..... buyers might be realizing they bought 1 square and not a roll. :D

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet the buyers are not realizing the auction is per square, and think it's per roll.

At 50 cents per sheet, that's over $200 per roll ... we can't be that stupid as a species ... yet.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two words...Pet rock.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

we have plenty here in Vegas, baby. Can't let our hotels run out!!

bob :)
    PS: I can beat that price. PM (or BM) me

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@Namvet69 said:
    I have two words...Pet rock.

That man did well selling rocks :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

• Options

Down to 156 sold in an hour..... 167 returned. :D

The seller is gonna love the PayPal fees. :D

• Options

@astrorat said:
    At 50 cents per sheet, that's over $200 per roll ... we can't be that stupid as a species ... yet.

Are you sure about that ????

• Options
    edwardjulioedwardjulio Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

Out here in the sticks, I have accumulated two 50lb grain sacks that are stuffed full of clean cotton rags. Currently have two jugs of laundry soap and the snow has melted enough to get to the clothes line. I just can't find the clothes pins and not sure if they are made anymore. If I can find some, they may be subject to hoarding. :D

End Systemic Elitism - It Takes All Of Us

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020 5:31PM

WHAT THE.............

Are you kidding me!?!

I can stop laughing 😂

All sold out now

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

One word: Bidet ;)

Better buy yours before Amazon runs out. :#

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's ended now with 1,000 sold! :o

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I told the ladies in the house I'm going out to rake up some leaves and confiscate their toilet paper so I can sell it on ebay!

• Options
    dimebagdimebag Posts: 108 ✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    Spring is almost here so we can always use leaves and ferns. ;-)

or corncobb's

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020 10:46PM

XXX

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

I "wipe" my hands of this thread.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the stores here are half empty, looks like Armageddon

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2020 12:47AM

No tp anywhere for me, I don't get it. What will tp do for anyone in a time of crisis? Why would the seller disclose "unused"? Is there a market for used tp?

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe good idea to for kids to have a TP stand out front and ask dollar-a-roll. Beats a lemonade stand.

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

At that price just use one dollar bills.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The rush to buy TP is totally ludicrous. It evidently started in Australia, where all TP is imported from China - so a potential shortage was possible - or at least imagined. That did not stop Americans... they followed the panic like the good lemmings we are.... :D Absolutely no reason for hoarding TP... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess no one has considered the toilet to shower option? A bit inconvenient, but cleaner than the paper. I have two bidets in my house. It is the only civilized way to clean your bottom.

• Options
    yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am doing something wrong.

I am in the hospitality supply business and have sold nearly 40 cases of tissue this morning alone.
    96 rolls per case
    300 sheets per roll
    1,152,000 sheets...

I profited $150

:#

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• Options

Grocery store this morning:

Exactly one four pack of bungwipe left. The store was actually a madhouse at literally 7am, schools are shuttered and everybody is prepping to cloister in front of the boobtube to get further instructions from their masters on the news networks.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2020 7:53AM

people panic so easy over things they have no clue on or control over that is just part of human nature we want to be in control and have things go our way and when it doesn't panic time or we make up some rumor or something to explain why whatever is beyond our control

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    I'd say let it drip dry :D

Oh My! B)>:)

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait to see the feedback for those sales.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options

@silverpop said:
    people panic so easy over things they have no clue on or control over that is just part of human nature we want to be in control and have things go our way and when it doesn't panic time or we make up some rumor or something to explain why whatever is beyond our control

There was a rumour going around last night that all the grocery stores are going to close - yeah, right! They are making a killing - see pic above.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SaorAlba said:

@silverpop said:

There was a rumour going around last night that all the grocery stores are going to close - yeah, right! They are making a killing - see pic above.

Grocery stores don’t make a killing. Their margins tend to be extremely thin and the ones I’ve seen haven’t been guilty of price gouging.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

@MFeld said:

@SaorAlba said:

@silverpop said:

Grocery stores don’t make a killing. Their margins tend to be extremely thin and the ones I’ve seen haven’t been guilty of price gouging.

They are doing well on number of sales and product turnover right now, unfortunately not so much my business - liquor. Wish people would buy New Amsterdam instead of bungwipe.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@SaorAlba said:

@silverpop said:

Side effect should be when this is over and the paper mfrs. don't have any demand for 2 years. :D

• Options
    dimebagdimebag Posts: 108 ✭✭

something told me not to throw out all my old phone book's !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Gold is down over $100 per oz over the last 3 days. Toilet paper is up 10,000%

Send me your gold and I will send you some toilet paper. ;)

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don't understand the rush on TP. In a true emergency, you can do without that. I stocked up on non-perishable food, water, and ammo. Hopefully will not need those, but in my opinion, they are more important than extra TP.

This discussion has been closed.