Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Trying to authenticate $100,000 bill

Does anyone know where I can get a $100,000 bill authenticated without it being confiscated

Answers

• element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

It is not authentic.

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the BEP website.

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

There is no chance that it is a real note..........no chance period.You are allowed to possess a copy or fake and I see them from time to time.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • @mbwizkid said:
    From the BEP website.

• @numbersman said:
    There is no chance that it is a real note..........no chance period.You are allowed to possess a copy or fake and I see them from time to time.

Does anyone know where I can get a $100,000 bill authenticated without it being confiscated.

• @numbersman said:

• @Volvster said:

@numbersman said:

Please notice numbers..

• Please note the serial numbers...if you go on another site it states that there are 340 unaccounted for... from the fire..these even smell from the fire!!

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2020 9:28PM

Welcome to the forum! :)

The photos seem to show a gloss to the ink and the ink seems to be sitting on top of the paper. The ink on a genuine note would not shine like that and the ink is pushed into the paper. The photos do not show red & blue fibers in the paper.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even you did have it authenticated there is no chance you could sell it.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would gladly pay you next Tuesday for a $100,000.00 note today.
    :#

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are fakes, 100% certain.

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've actually seen one of the authentic examples, years ago at the Federal Reserve Bank in San Francisco. These were never released for circulation and were only traded betwixt FRBs during the gold confiscation. The highest denomination released into circulation was the $10,000 bill in 1934 - even that was an enormous amount of cash back then and 99.9% of individuals would never see one, let alone possess one.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Great info in this thread - thanks!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

The portraits alone look bad.

• ChopmarkedTradesChopmarkedTrades Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭✭

That paper reminds me of a reproduction Declaration of Independence you'd buy in a gift shop.