Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Is anyone experiencing significant delays at the Washington DC USPS Distribution Center?

Is anyone else experiencing significant delays out of the Washington DC USPS distribution center?

Comments

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2020 5:44AM

I have in the past, but nothing currently. Edited to add, nothing currently because I have nothing in transit currently.

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering - have three packages that went through the facility, or is waiting to go through it, with very noticible delays.

Package 1 - outbound - been sitting in the facility since 2/26 - they are looking into it.
    Package 2 - inbound - was sitting since 3/6 and just arrived this afternoon in Richmond - I could have walked it there quicker.
    Package three - arrived at the facility two days ago - too early to tell.

Wonder if the virus is causing workers to stay home.

• Options

I think they just suck on general principle.

• Options
    ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020 10:09AM

Update - USPS consumer affairs advised to file a claim. It seems as if after numerous emails from myself and from USPS supervisors - the Washington Distribution Center will not return any email.

Incompetence - theft - virus - who knows at this point! Pretty poor in any event. At least the item was insured and we'll see how that goes.

Local USPS service - fantastic
    Washington DC service - pitiful

• Options

That sucks. I had a registered mail package (going between APO post offices) that literally sat for 4 months in one place. It took an IG complaint to get it going. It had my son's teddy bear in it--he'd outgrown it but it still was beyond monetary value to me. Still have it as a matter of fact. In any case, I filed a formal fraud complaint, got a personal email from the IG (or equivalent). Box moved and I finally got it. DC was not involved though. Personally I think whoever was the custodian must have been transferred and the box forgotten. Hopefully you get a positive resolution and even if it is just a settlement it wasn't something irreplaceable.