Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Is anyone experiencing significant delays at the Washington DC USPS Distribution Center?

Is anyone else experiencing significant delays out of the Washington DC USPS distribution center?

Comments

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2020 5:44AM

I have in the past, but nothing currently. Edited to add, nothing currently because I have nothing in transit currently.

• ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering - have three packages that went through the facility, or is waiting to go through it, with very noticible delays.

Package 1 - outbound - been sitting in the facility since 2/26 - they are looking into it.
    Package 2 - inbound - was sitting since 3/6 and just arrived this afternoon in Richmond - I could have walked it there quicker.
    Package three - arrived at the facility two days ago - too early to tell.

Wonder if the virus is causing workers to stay home.

I think they just suck on general principle.

• ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2020 10:09AM

Update - USPS consumer affairs advised to file a claim. It seems as if after numerous emails from myself and from USPS supervisors - the Washington Distribution Center will not return any email.

Incompetence - theft - virus - who knows at this point! Pretty poor in any event. At least the item was insured and we'll see how that goes.

Local USPS service - fantastic
    Washington DC service - pitiful

That sucks. I had a registered mail package (going between APO post offices) that literally sat for 4 months in one place. It took an IG complaint to get it going. It had my son's teddy bear in it--he'd outgrown it but it still was beyond monetary value to me. Still have it as a matter of fact. In any case, I filed a formal fraud complaint, got a personal email from the IG (or equivalent). Box moved and I finally got it. DC was not involved though. Personally I think whoever was the custodian must have been transferred and the box forgotten. Hopefully you get a positive resolution and even if it is just a settlement it wasn't something irreplaceable.