Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A couple more additions...... Now a box of 20-ish Best Classic Commems"

2»

Comments

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stunning !!! :smile:

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

That set is super nice I'm interested to see how it evolves in the future.

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on a very attractive set!!!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Felicidades!

And thank you for sharing the journey!

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spectacular!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job! I understand your concerns about the full set. You've focused nicely on quality.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    I see he made his way back to his table B)

mark

He did. :). The “he” Mark is referring to is Larry Shepherd, who I should have mentioned was the source of the Spanish Trail. I actually only recently met Larry briefly at the recent Vegas Invitational. He and James Sego were sharing a table at Long Beach and we had a much longer chat. Great guy to talk commems with.

In other thoughts, the Spanish Trail reminds me a bit of this old “Far Side” cartoon, which I find enormously insightful.

• Options
    kauwisckauwisc Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

Excellent choices!

The Norfolk was my first early commemorative coin purchase.

photo gscoins PCGS Mace.jpg

The real Norfolk Mace

• Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice original colorful coins...very appealing set ! With prices so low, I still think it's time to buy if you are a passionate about commems

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    VeepVeep Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭

Awesome coins! Loved looking at them. Most of what you have were in my group of about 25 of my favorites that I had put together years and years ago.

"Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good work. And by the way, Ira Allen on the VT commem was a patriot involved with delaying the arrival of British reinforcements from Montreal and thus contributing to the American victory at Saratoga; he later founded the University of Vermont.

Congratulations from the Northeast Kingdom --

mirabela
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mirabela said:
    Good work. And by the way, Ira Allen on the VT commem was a patriot involved with delaying the arrival of British reinforcements from Montreal and thus contributing to the American victory at Saratoga; he later founded the University of Vermont.

Congratulations from the Northeast Kingdom --

Good info. I actually lived in Vermont for a year during internship at Dartmouth. Never got out of the hospital much though. Wonderful state.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CommemDude said:
    With prices so low, I still think it's time to buy if you are a passionate about commems.

Not only are prices low, but in general, there’s not much of a premium for getting these already with CAC’s!

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

New coin appears to have superior luster and color. Nice "downgrade"! ;)

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 869 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have looked at literally thousands of Lafayettes (tabulating die pairs) and I agree that you really selected an uncommonly outstanding specimen for a Choice BU. DuVall-1B is the pair; the most common one representing a bit over half of the extant population.

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a very discerning eye. Nice upgrade (?- yes!) to your set!

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Easy choice between the two. Love your collection!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

Love your collection. I have about 11 of your 20 and added 7 of the gold $1 during the pandemic year. Going to see what I can find at Long Beach in September (I hope). This is such a great series and I’m always amazed at the lack of attention it receives. The history of the various issues and the famous engravers involved makes this a very special group

• Options
    kauwisckauwisc Posts: 80 ✭✭✭

OUTSTANDING!!!

<3

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

great idea and terrific coins... I have had some luck myself with theses as of late

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice new pieces!

I'll never get over that Gettysburg though. Such a primo coin!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file