Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Listen to the music.

I love music, and whenever I hear a good song on the radio, it takes me back in time. If I'm listening to a Guns n Roses song, I can reminisce about the days when I first heard that song. It is a great feeling. This thread is going to feature cards of bands and musicians of all varieties. Feel free to add on. Photos are also welcome.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Rolling Stones.

Mick.

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

here's some for you .. beatles cards from the 60's

@slimies said:
    here's some for you .. beatles cards from the 60's

Awesome stuff!

The Beatles.

• HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

I got some Steve Vai cards I could post. They've never been posted here before for sure.

@Horse said:
    I got some Steve Vai cards I could post. They've never been posted here before for sure.

Steve Vai is one of the greatest guitar players to ever live. He is more than welcome. You can post photos of your favorite bands and musicians in this thread as well.

Guns N Roses.

edited February 18, 2020 4:48PM

Axl.

• detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭

Chin music . . .

• detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭✭

String music . . .

• psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Move over rover , let Jimi take over!

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • stevegarveyfanstevegarveyfan Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back when they were pretty much my favorite band. I absolutely ADORED Faith Hope Love.

edited February 19, 2020 1:05AM

More Beatles.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

KISS

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

edited February 19, 2020 6:22AM

How about some Clapton. I love this guy.

• dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

@Horse said:

Can't think about Steve Vai without laughing thanks to his time playing with Frank Zappa and the song "Stevie's Spanking" in particular :-)

Get the Led out.

edited February 20, 2020 12:49AM

More Stones.

Nirvana is one of my favorite bands, but not many cards exist of them, so I added a few other items that are collectible.

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

This thread made me go look for any cards that were possibly made regarding my favorite band, TOOL... but I couldn't find any.

So here's my personalized autographed photo of the band!

@jeffcbay said:
    This thread made me go look for any cards that were possibly made regarding my favorite band, TOOL... but I couldn't find any.

So here's my personalized autographed photo of the band!

Awesome! I was just listening to "stinkfist" the other day. That song gets me pumped. I love Tool.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not cards, but I collect DMB posters from shows I go to.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

@orioles93 said:
    Not cards, but I collect DMB posters from shows I go to.

Awesome! I love DMB. "So much to say" is one of my favorite songs.

One of these nights.

edited February 21, 2020 2:45PM

The King.

The Who.

Kiss.

"She seems to have an invisible touch yeah, she reaches in, and grabs right hold of your heart."

"Every silver lining's got a touch of grey".

One of the greatest guitar players of all time, Stevie Ray Vaughan. This guy was a maniac when he touched a guitar.

Let's slip Buddy Holly in here.

@doubledragon said:

Oh man, those are sweet. I really really REALLY like Buddy Holly.

• eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭
    edited February 24, 2020 8:02PM

Cool stuff I got a few ticket stubs from concerts I went to. I got the GNR poster in Vegas when I was there for the show. I picked up the Pearl Jam concert posters recently. Eventually my plan is to get the tickets and posters framed together.

My favorite was the 1996 Pearl Jam concert. This was when they were disputing with Ticketmaster and before buying on line was the norm. All of my friends and I called to try to get tickets... and had everyone we knew to try call for us and hopefully one us could get through. The only person who got through was my grandmother. She asked Perl vision tickets. Luckily they knew what she meant and got us 4. I’ll never forget how excited I was.

My genius buddies and I had foresight to join the Ten fan club in 1998. We were only 18 and the drinking age in Canada was 18 sooooo rather than pick the hartford or Boston show we got fan club tickets to Montreal. To this day I’m still impressed ourselves for that move

It was e first GNR show since the long hiatus after the illusion tour. I didn’t really know what to expect. The GNR show was cool but wish I got to see the original line up in 80s.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

@stevegarveyfan said:

@doubledragon said:

Oh man, those are sweet. I really really REALLY like Buddy Holly.

Yes, I do also. I'm glad they made these cards, because he is a legend.

@eagles33 said:
    Cool stuff I got a few ticket stubs from concerts I went to. I got the GNR poster in Vegas when I was there for the show. I picked up the Pearl Jam concert posters recently. Eventually my plan is to get the tickets and posters framed together.

My favorite was the 1996 Pearl Jam concert. This was when they were disputing with Ticketmaster and before buying on line was the norm. All of my friends and I called to try to get tickets... and had everyone we knew to try call for us and hopefully one us could get through. The only person who got through was my grandmother. She asked Perl vision tickets. Luckily they knew what she meant and got us 4. I’ll never forget how excited I was.

My genius buddies and I had foresight to join the Ten fan club in 1998. We were only 18 and the drinking age in Canada was 18 sooooo rather than pick the hartford or Boston show we got fan club tickets to Montreal. To this day I’m still impressed ourselves for that move

It was e first GNR show since the long hiatus after the illusion tour. I didn’t really know what to expect. The GNR show was cool but wish I got to see the original line up in 80s.

I love Pearl Jam and GNR, those tickets and posters are sweet!

I was watching "Ray" starring Jamie Foxx the other night, and was blown away by Foxx's portrayal of Ray Charles.

• magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I love music, and whenever I hear a good song on the radio, it takes me back in time. If I'm listening to a Guns n Roses song, I can reminisce about the days when I first heard that song. It is a great feeling. This thread is going to feature cards of bands and musicians of all varieties. Feel free to add on. Photos are also welcome.

B)

• magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

B)

@magicpapa said:
    B)

I love Alice Cooper! I know you have to remember this...

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow on the G’N’R first show back ticket. Would have loved to have been at that concert. Have enjoyed all iterations of the band but didn’t see them while Paul Tobias was still there. Pretty cool to hear some of the Chinese Democracy songs the first time they were ever played.

I always loved the album design for Use your illusion 1 and 2.

On another note, my favorite Appetite for destruction song is Paradise City, and I was just watching the video the other day. That song played at full volume is intense. I love watching Axl work the crowd with his moves.