Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Nice gift from forum member. Two medals.

thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have already paid it forward.

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool Eric! You are getting some really nice medals in your collection! <3

• Options

@Hallco said:
    Very cool Eric! You are getting some really nice medals in your collection! <3

Thanks @hallco. Medals are a very diverse area. Many I cannot afford and truthfully I used to just admire them from afar. But i have discovered that there are many very affordable medals. I have picked up a nice group of Medallic Art Co medals for very good prices. And some other nice, imo, silver medals for essentially spot price. I would love to add some papal medals. Maybe soon.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's real nice!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow... Those are really nice medals...Appear to be bronze.....I like medallic art, far more varied than coins. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @thisistheshow... Those are really nice medals...Appear to be bronze.....I like medallic art, far more varied than coins. Cheers, RickO

Yes, they are bronze. And I also really like these style of medals as well as others. So much variety.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great looking metals. Isn’t it nice to have good people around you.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    tokenprotokenpro Posts: 865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your medal on the left was struck by the U.S. Mint as part of their Director Of The Mint series and is cataloged as Mint List No. 309 in their numbering system. It is struck in yellow bronze which the Mint has used for their mid- to late 20th Century strikes of some of the 19th Century medals. The medal was designed by Charles Barber; Preston was the Director from 1893 to 1898. The Mint discontinued striking this series sometime in the late 20th Century.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Love the capitol holder. I just finished cleaning heavy crud off a 3" bronze medal and it turned out to be Saddam Hussein. I'll post it tomorrow . Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file