Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Just mailed in my sub

Only 116 cards, but, big for me. I had planned to send more, but decided to cut it down a bit.
My best guess is it'll be May before I get a notification of grades, and will post my results. I expect a high number of 9s and 10s, as these are in the 2005-2015 range. Who knows, but it'll be interesting. It's an "85 business day" sub.

Has anyone else recently sent in a 100+ sub? Let's see how long they take.

Comments

• fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

I sent a 100 card lot and it was finished in 30 days.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Encouraging!!

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent in 137 cards, including many “first graded” cards that took a lot of research. Still got done a little before the 85 biz day mark. Received by them mid July, received back by me in early-mid November

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I send in around 100-120 a month. It strongly varies. I had several quick pops. I have 2 there now that have been in research and Id for months and I have 1 bulk and 1 regular service waiting to be logged. It is a crapshoot

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

I haven't sent anything in over a year Good luck with your sub.

Received at PSA Dec 17th...still in Research & ID...I'm expecting late March. I have several "variations" in the lot, so, I'm sure they need to confirm what I sent is really correct.

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    I send in around 100-120 a month. It strongly varies. I had several quick pops. I have 2 there now that have been in research and Id for months and I have 1 bulk and 1 regular service waiting to be logged. It is a crapshoot

Agreed with this assessment. I have a pending 101 bulk order that was shipped/received April 2019, logged May 21, 2019, still no grades on Feb 7, 2020, but it has spent a few months in Q2 "almost done" stage.

Wow, thanks for the discouraging news. B)
    They gotta come out at some point. I'm still in Research and ID at this point since they got them Dec 17th.

Not sure if this means graders will be harder, easier, or a non-issue to them, just grade along.

• I have 5 subs there now.
    2 - mechanical error (1 completed yesterday and shipped - took 30 business days 1 card) other been there 25 business days (3 cards)
    1 - 116 vintage bulk - going on 75 business days
    1 - 136 modern bulk 0 going on 25 business days
    1 - CC Free 15 - arrived last week not checked in yet.

Of course this is after the 3-4 weeks they had them there before logging.

Kinda like being strapped in and the roller coaster is slowly chugging up the hill. Ain't gonna get off till it ends.

I am up to 4 subs logged at the moment. 1 20 day (logged 12/19 went to grading stage 1/13 and still there) 3 bulks. (The oldest one is in assembly. After being in grading for less than 24 hours it is from 10/16 hit assembly last week)

Will be sending in another 200+ early next week if all goes well.

I understand the backlog but I cannot understand why an 8 card 20 day sits in grading for almost a month and a 150+ card bulk is in and out of grading in under 24 hours. Infuriating.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had several do the under 24 hours in Grading thing. My suspicion is all the rest get graded while 1 or 2 hang out in Research & ID, and once the stragglers clear that they get bumped to the front of the grading queue to complete the order.

• gemintgemint Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two orders I recently submitted. A 110 card order was received on 1/6 and popped on 2/7. I got the GOD as he gave only a few 9s. I normally average between 15-25% of my orders getting 9 or better (postwar vintage). This one was 5%. I have another 500 cards also received on 1/6 that are still in research and ID. I HOPE I don't get the same grader as my 110 card order. LOL

My 113 card sub, having been logged in Dec 17th, remains in Research limbo.

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    My 113 card sub, having been logged in Dec 17th, remains in Research limbo.

don't feel too bad...my 300 card bulk from Oct made it to grading this weekend...all are previously graded cards.

and finally today my tickets from the June 2019 Ticket special, logged on 7/11/2019 finally made it grading.

what a week!!!

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's

I'm 2 months+ in and still in Research and ID.
    Ya think they need more people to handle the load?

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

If u guys don't mind answering a question.
    I assume when you say a 100+ sub you mean bulk.

I understand bulk is $8/card

I am not a psa member but considering doing something.

In a bulk sub are the entries on line? for each card
    Can you do 500 cards at once for example.

I go back and remember filling out forms and mailing them in.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets

jay0791

I subbed 113 cards in mid-December...they're still in Research and ID. Supposedly I get them back after 90 business days...so I guess I'm looking at April or so.

I think the bulk cost of $8 per card is now history...I did get mine in at $8/card. I recall getting a notice saying the new fee for bulk subs would go up to $10 per card...others who read this may confirm or correct me. I have another 100+ card sub ready to go, but there isn't a current quarterly special...when the next one pops up, I'll be on it. It's a slow, SLOW process, you better pack your patience. I don't think there's a limit, but not positive. Once you box up your stuff, and send it off, you won't see it logged in to PSA for a few weeks...even though your tracking number will show it arrived in Newport Beach, Ca, mine took right at 3 weeks to be acknowledged by PSA. You can track the progress of your sub by clicking the lower left "order status" link. There's a progression tab that supposedly tells you how your sub is moving along...at some point, you eventually get a notification that "your grades are ready". By this time you will have consumed mass quantities of beer!!!

I vividly recall the days of filling out the paper form. Now you can easily do it online. Let's say you have a 2000 Topps Jeter that has a black border for instance...when you enter "2000 Topps Derek Jeter", the system shows every Jeter card in their system that they have, you then select the correct card by just clicking the right card you are subbing. In my case, there were several that were not in the PSA database and I manually entered what the card was and added a note "not in PSA database".

At the end of the process, they will list all your entries and assign a line # to each card...this you don't see until the end process. I also used little stickies and TEDIOUSLY added the order number and line number to each card saver...this prevents the card from being lost. 113 times! So, if you're gonna do 500 cards (your example), you better have a sandwich and beer nearby, you're gonna be online for a long time!

They have not yet debited my Visa card for payment. I think this must be done further down line. My cards were all Modern Era, and I applied a value of $10 to each card...this impacts your shipping cost. I happen to have two stacks of graded cards on a shelf behind me, they equal right at 110 cards, almost identical to what I've got at PSA. I can't imagine what its gonna be like to open that box! I have high expectations of results, and think I'll get many 9s and 10s...but then again, who knows.

I'll post my time frame when it's all said and done and results.

GL with your sub, hope this helped...oh yeah, I went with the lowest membership level, I think it was $46, you MUST join one of the levels to entitle you to the lower grading costs.

TY
    Yes I know I must join a level

UG now 10

I do not care wait times. Most are for my collection.

1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets

@jay0791 bulk pricing is now as follows.

50+ cards = $10 each
    100+ cards = $9 each
    200+ cards = $8.50 each

You must be a member to use the bulk pricing. The lowest tier is $149 and includes 6 grading vouchers.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    @jay0791 bulk pricing is now as follows.

50+ cards = $10 each
    100+ cards = $9 each
    200+ cards = $8.50 each

You must be a member to use the bulk pricing. The lowest tier is $149 and includes 6 grading vouchers.

I think they added a cheaper tier w/no grading vouchers in the past year or so.

yes TY gentleman

I think there is a new level

1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets

That’s good news about a lower level.

Yaz Master Set

Here's a link to Collectors membership levels, which are Gold, Platinum and Silver. I got the Silver at $49, but they went up to $59 in 2020, this is the new level. The Silver allows you to have access to quarterly specials, no vouchers. The increase from $8 per 100+ cards to $9 per 100+ cards isn't too bad.

https://www.psacard.com/store/c-1-memberships.aspx

BULK SERVICES
    Declared value is under $100 (per card). Excludes autograph dual service cards and supersized cards. Items requiring a Jumbo holder will be subject to an additional $30 holder charge.

50 Card Minimum $10/card

100 Card Minimum $9/card

200 Card Minimum $8.50/card

Must be a PSA Collectors Club member to use PSA Bulk Services.

ESTIMATED TURNAROUND: 85 Business Days
    Please mark outside of shipment box with "Bulk

So the silver level you can use bulk?

1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets

Yes, that's what I did.

@rexvos said:
    I am up to 4 subs logged at the moment. 1 20 day (logged 12/19 went to grading stage 1/13 and still there) 3 bulks. (The oldest one is in assembly. After being in grading for less than 24 hours it is from 10/16 hit assembly last week)

Will be sending in another 200+ early next week if all goes well.

I understand the backlog but I cannot understand why an 8 card 20 day sits in grading for almost a month and a 150+ card bulk is in and out of grading in under 24 hours. Infuriating.

My 8 card hit assembly yesterday! Progress. Oldest bulk popped. Meh. Worst results in a while. Had a 200 be received on 2/21 no clue when it will get logged. So back to 3 subs logged in process 1 waiting to be received and a 5th bulk and 6th renewal that I am building

It appears to me they are understaffed in the grading arena. I have no clue how they are structured at PSA, but, seems to me that with an addition of one or two well qualified graders, the long, long process of grading would go down to a more reasonable time frame. I envision a room much like the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark, just tons of boxes.
    I suppose we just need to realize that bulk subs will take 3-4 months, no way around it.

I am now over 90 days and still in Research and ID.

• My 113 card order - sent end of Oct - logged Nov 20th just popped Friday.

Keep the faith!

• fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Encouraging!!

NOT. Can’t get lucky after 2 bulk subs that were done within a month.
    Just sent in a membership submission 15 free. No movement at all.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • I don't know which is worse no movement or my 15 card sub sitting in grading for 10 business days?

PSA email says they are shutting down until March 31.

@fiveniner said:

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Encouraging!!

NOT. Can’t get lucky after 2 bulk subs that were done within a month.
    Just sent in a membership submission 15 free. No movement at all.

Let's be clear, I wrote that on Dec 14th, 2019...not like I wrote it last week!

• shawthershawther Posts: 284 ✭✭✭

I might be taking a break from submitting for a while. Service is slowing down and prices are going up. Maybe this is what they are wanting. Although it doesn’t follow the laws of economics. Normally as prices go up, production would also increase. Seems a little backwards in this case. I submitted 47 cards at the beginning of February and another 117 at the end of February. I’d be surprised if I got them back before August.

• These wait times at PSA are ridiculous, these guys need to hire more people for grading..I cannot believe this company is publicly traded and operates with constant delays like this.. Not very Professional at all..

I am now officially into month #5. Logged in to PSA on Dec 17th.

Yeah, yeah, I know, the virus and they're shut down. I to agree that their cash cow business of grading cards could easily require a revamping of their business model to hire more graders, train them, and get the train moving.