Home Sports Talk

No Super Bowel Thread?

BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2, 2020 6:59PM in Sports Talk

It looks like Kansas City is going down the tubes,

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the Niner's want it more.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interception. Kansas City is dead meat. Their defense will now allow the game cincher. They can’t keep up with the San Francisco offense.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

20-10. SF just punted. About 9 minutes left. A lot of game still to be played.

Dream on. KC is dead.

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure, but a thread about bowels might get you bammed.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.

20-17. 6 minutes to go.

If he had turned around they wouldn't have called DPI.

24-20. Chiefs take the lead. Under 3 minutes... Jimmy G this is your chance.

Call me a liar.

@thisistheshow said:
    24-20. Chiefs take the lead. Under 3 minutes... Jimmy G this is your chance.

KC defense, this is YOUR chance.

Looks like it will be the Chiefs winning.

KC touchdown, game over!

PICK !!!

Game over!

• dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,102 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to go back to the infamous Oilers/Bills game to think of a defensive choke as epic as we just witnessed from SF.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, you guys sure do give up easy huh? Nine minutes is plenty of time for two touchdowns.

I wonder if when the Chefs won their first SB (last of the pre-merger/modern era) in 1969, they'd have to wait exactly FIFTY seasons for another one? And of course I gotta do this...

https://youtu.be/m9zQLSS9LHw

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Garoppolo is no Montana.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

What really sucked was that it was the brown nose J. Buck and the stuffed shirt doing the announcing.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Garoppolo is no Montana.

He is no Brady either

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to the KC Chiefs and their fans.

BTW - Andy Reid is now a mortal lock for the Hall of Fame.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hail to the Chiefs

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    Garoppolo is no Montana.

And he isn’t Mahomes either

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

the 49'ers defense kinda collapsed in the 4th.

Mahomes has that winning mentality , a few interceptions did not bother him at all

jimmy made plenty of throws

kc got better as the game went on , sf started ok got strong then collapsed

no mistakes by andy reid that I noticed

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020 6:19AM

bill jones is the forum schleprock :D

KC is DOOMED wowzy wowzy woo woo

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m happy Mahomes got the win, I say his TD pass ratio to games played and was shocked, he has the table set for some legit record breaking stats if he continues to play at the level he is at. Congrats to Chiefs fans and I am happy for the Walrus

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@milbroco said:
    What really sucked was that it was the brown nose J. Buck and the stuffed shirt doing the announcing.

We turned the TV sound off and listened to the radio broadcast

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020 7:19AM

Congrats to the Chiefs and Andy Reid. I actually passed out and missed the 4th quarter altogether. I woke up and "The Masked Singer" was on TV. It was a nightmare.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2020 8:01AM

I had some sweet squares lined up on a $10 board that payed per every score change. Had a 0-6 and 7-0, the first 2 field goals I was cursing at the tv! Did finally catch a $10 and then a couple of the quarter pays on a $5 one (1st/final), so I was rooting for everyone!

One of the guys on the $10 board had 0-0 and 7-3, hit 4 on that one.

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats to Andy and the Chiefs from an Eagles fan. You took our team and made them a force in the 2000's 1st decade. A solid coach who didn't shy away from the big moments in this game.
    Still couldn't fathom how the SF defense could allow that 40+ yd pass to Hill on 3rd and long. After that play, it felt like the air came out of the 49ers. I also thought that Shanahan's play calling got very conservative in the 4th qtr; then again, if Jimmy G hits the play to Sanders for a TD, I'm probably not saying that.