Home Sports Talk

Do you remember the three most current champions in each sport?

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 31, 2020 2:07PM in Sports Talk

Can you name the Last three Super Bowl winners?

Can you name the Last three NBA winners.

Can you name the Last three World Series winners?

Can you name the Last three Stanley Cup winners?

Anyone go further back than Three?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that I think about it, my memory sucks.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

No way on any of these. However I can tell you who won the World Series from 1948-1961.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

NFL and whatever titles Sox, Celts and a Bruins Won too.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night.......................

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020 1:35PM

Earliest memory - The 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates who beat the Yankees in the World Series.

After that, the 1967 Philadelphia 76ers who won the NBA title the year I graduated from high school.

After that I don’t remember the dates all that well. The Red Sox team that broke “The Curse of the Bambino” was in 2003, I believe.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

What was this thread about?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2020 2:08PM

It's supposed to see if you remember the most current 3 champions of each sport.

My bad on the title wording...

Changed

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

close but no cigar here. Got the three Super Bowl, World Series and NBA champs, but only one hockey team. Only remembered them because they hadn't won in forever. Couldn't go back any further.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    close but no cigar here. Got the three Super Bowl, World Series and NBA champs, but only one hockey team. Only remembered them because they hadn't won in forever. Couldn't go back any further.

400 times better than me.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big Red Machine 75 and 76. Beat Boston in 7 in 75 and swept the Yanks in 76. Best team ever.

Cowboys 92, 93 and 95. First 2 over Buffalo for their 3rd and 4th loss in a row. And in 95 over the Steelers. Best ever NFL team. 3 out of 4 years ain't bad! Would have been more if Jerry had not run Jimmy Johnson of!

In the 90's the Bull's 3 peted twice. One of the best NBA teams ever.

Hockey - STL beat Boston last year is all I know. The Blues Goalie wasn't allowing any pucks in HIS net!! I don't even like Hockey, but was impressed by him!

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can do it for MLB and NFL.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.