Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are these actually Columbian Expo related?

OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever come across these coupon books? I know there was tons of material of all kinds put out related to the Expo. I saw it, it was cheap enough, never seen one before. I did an internet search and came up dry.

I thought perhaps some of our older members who actually attended the Expo would know... :D

Cheers

Bob

Comments

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tokenpro

Holy smokes! Thanks for the info. I figured they were along the same line as store tokens, only much cheaper for the shopkeeper. Great information!

Cheers

Bob

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Outhaul said:
    @tokenpro

Holy smokes! Thanks for the info. I figured they were along the same line as store tokens, only much cheaper for the shopkeeper. Great information!

Cheers

Bob

I had a collection of actual Columbian expo coupons last year. The Java Village exhibit coupons sold for crazy money. Some of them did have a similar look to those in your booklet.

There is a TON of paper Columbian expo material. And some other fun items. If you think coin prices have dropped in the last 30 years, you should see what's happened to Columbian material.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting information.... I can remember, as a young paperboy, what a thrill it was to get a Columbian half dollar in payment.... Not a lot of them, but I recall getting them two or three times....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

A while ago I had a large Columbian Expo collection, and I would not believe that these were Expo related

Frank

BHNC #203

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file