Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Honest Abe 50c Note - NEWP

This is an exciting newp for me. I’ve wanted an example for years and this one was priced right. I couldn’t pass this up! :)

Comments

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

Super!

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Abe looks so young for such an old note. Great pick-up!

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

that one I like

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks everybody! :)

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, very nice, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this a giveaway?

Count me in!

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting piece, congrats :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Thanks! :)

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Abe's hair is particularly well portrayed. Nice note. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

I took this picture last night showing the watermark:

Very cool looking to me. I should have done this initially.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

No skimping on ink on that fractional note. Nice. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

I wonder where these notes are found. last time I looked they didn't have ebay or some of the other auctions to look at

@johnny9434 said:
    I wonder where these notes are found. last time I looked they didn't have ebay or some of the other auctions to look at

They're on ebay, that's where I found mine. Searching by the Friedberg number should bring them up:
    1374 and PMG or PCGS would bring up slabbed examples I recommend graded I'm decent with grading coins, but I don't yet trust myself on grading paper.

@asheland said:

@johnny9434 said:

They're on ebay, that's where I found mine. Searching by the Friedberg number should bring them up:
    1374 and PMG or PCGS would bring up slabbed examples I recommend graded I'm decent with grading coins, but I don't yet trust myself on grading paper.

ill have to take a look. it was fun then and figure it should still be now. many thanks

@johnny9434 said:

@asheland said:

@johnny9434 said:

ill have to take a look. it was fun then and figure it should still be now. many thanks

Cool! If you get one, post it here!

@asheland said:

@johnny9434 said:

@asheland said:

@johnny9434 said:

Cool! If you get one, post it here!

will do

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even looks interesting with the watermarks exposed.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • OGX3OGX3 Posts: 5

VERY NICE

• Mike59Mike59 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

BEAUTY!

MIKE B.

Thanks everybody!

Finally got around to making a short video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3eTL2-LWnM

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

A great note!!!!!