Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Honest Abe 50c Note - NEWP

This is an exciting newp for me. I’ve wanted an example for years and this one was priced right. I couldn’t pass this up! :)


Comments

  • tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

    Super!

  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

    Abe looks so young for such an old note. Great pick-up!

    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice!

    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

    that one I like

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks everybody! :)

  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow, very nice, congratulations !!! :)

    Timbuk3
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Is this a giveaway?

    Count me in!

  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Interesting piece, congrats :)

    Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

    Bad transactions with : nobody to date

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks! :)

  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Abe's hair is particularly well portrayed. Nice note. Peace Roy

    BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I took this picture last night showing the watermark:

    Very cool looking to me. I should have done this initially.

  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

    No skimping on ink on that fractional note. Nice. Peace Roy

    BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I wonder where these notes are found. last time I looked they didn't have ebay or some of the other auctions to look at

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @johnny9434 said:
    I wonder where these notes are found. last time I looked they didn't have ebay or some of the other auctions to look at

    They're on ebay, that's where I found mine. Searching by the Friedberg number should bring them up:
    1374 and PMG or PCGS would bring up slabbed examples I recommend graded I'm decent with grading coins, but I don't yet trust myself on grading paper.

  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @asheland said:

    @johnny9434 said:
    I wonder where these notes are found. last time I looked they didn't have ebay or some of the other auctions to look at

    They're on ebay, that's where I found mine. Searching by the Friedberg number should bring them up:
    1374 and PMG or PCGS would bring up slabbed examples I recommend graded I'm decent with grading coins, but I don't yet trust myself on grading paper.

    ill have to take a look. it was fun then and figure it should still be now. many thanks

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @johnny9434 said:

    @asheland said:

    @johnny9434 said:
    I wonder where these notes are found. last time I looked they didn't have ebay or some of the other auctions to look at

    They're on ebay, that's where I found mine. Searching by the Friedberg number should bring them up:
    1374 and PMG or PCGS would bring up slabbed examples I recommend graded I'm decent with grading coins, but I don't yet trust myself on grading paper.

    ill have to take a look. it was fun then and figure it should still be now. many thanks

    Cool! If you get one, post it here!

  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @asheland said:

    @johnny9434 said:

    @asheland said:

    @johnny9434 said:
    I wonder where these notes are found. last time I looked they didn't have ebay or some of the other auctions to look at

    They're on ebay, that's where I found mine. Searching by the Friedberg number should bring them up:
    1374 and PMG or PCGS would bring up slabbed examples I recommend graded I'm decent with grading coins, but I don't yet trust myself on grading paper.

    ill have to take a look. it was fun then and figure it should still be now. many thanks

    Cool! If you get one, post it here!

    will do

  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Even looks interesting with the watermarks exposed.

    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • OGX3OGX3 Posts: 5

    VERY NICE

  • Mike59Mike59 Posts: 297 ✭✭✭

    BEAUTY!

    MIKE B.

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks everybody!

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Finally got around to making a short video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3eTL2-LWnM

  • tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

    A great note!!!!!

  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice video Terry.

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Thanks guys! :)

Sign In or Register to comment.