Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Winner Announced – GIVEAWAY! Super Bowl Contest! See my post at 10:25 pm Eastern time today

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2, 2020 8:26PM in U.S. Coin Forum

While I joined the forum several years ago, I never really posted until one year ago. I see I now have my 5th star (1000+ points), even though I have less than 500 posts.

Over this past year, I have learned quite a bit, shared my two cents worth, had a few laughs, and developed many positive relationships. I tend to read the forum very late at night to help put me to sleep. LOL. In all seriousness, the forum has become a larger part of my life and routine than I would have expected, and that is good.

In appreciation, I’m giving away 1 oz. silver bullion – the winners choice from among a few I have. Being it’s this time of year, the winner will be determined by a Superbowl contest. Only one entry per person, and no edits are permitted.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU BOOKMARK THIS POST AND COME BACK TO IT IN ABOUT A WEEK, ONCE WE ALL KNOW EXACTLY WHICH TWO TEAMS WILL BE PLAYING.

There’s no rush, but entries cannot be accepted after the coin toss. By the way, did you hear about the coin they’re using for this years Superbowl official coin toss? On one side is a bust of Teddy Roosevelt, and the other side is a bust of Nathan Hale. Know why? This way, when the toss is called, the player calls “Ted’s or Hale’s” (OK, I made you suffer through that as the price to enter).

Here are the rules:
1. Pick the actual winner of the game. Point spreads do not matter. Anyone who did not pick the winning team is eliminated.
2. The first tiebreaker of those who picked the winning team is to predict the total points scored by the two teams combined. Just provide the total points, DON'T predict an actual score.
3. If there’s still a tie, the final tiebreaker will be the total number of official passing yards completed by both teams combined. This includes passing yards completed, even by players other than the quarterbacks. Total passing yards completed.

So, as an example of an entry, you can say the San Francisco 49ers, 47 points in total, 410 passing yards completed.
As noted above, only one entry per person, NO edits.
Have fun!
Steve
P.S. It's OK to post a comment, and that will not count as your entry, as long as you don't provide the guesses as shown in #1 -3 above.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file