Home Sports Talk

Could Ohio State have beaten LSU?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's iron this thing out.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020 6:34AM

Obviously this is the matchup everyone wanted to see the entire season, but it didn't happen. The OSU vs Clemson game was a controversial game. Could OSU have beaten LSU?

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2020 6:36AM

Instead of being played in Louisiana. How about the shoe? Buckeyes would be favored for sure.

Regardless, Ohio State would've been a bad matchup for LSU. I cant see them losing to their 3rd string quarterback. I think it would've been a mental letdown for Burrow.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

C'mon, we'll whip you in the Columbus Ohio Walmart parking lot.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fell asleep at the half.

Football season is over at the Coinstartled home.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

We also have to remember that yes, Joe Burrow is a 3rd string quarterback from Ohio State, but greatness comes from all depths. Heck, just look at Tom Brady, nobody gave him a second thought in the draft, and we all know how that story turned out. Now, I'm not saying Joe Burrow is Tom Brady, but greatness can come from unsuspecting places.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bigger question in my opinion is will Burrows be a bust? Lotsa Heisman Winners have not panned out that great. Cincy has the potential to destroy this kid early on 🤷‍♂️

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe Burrow is cut from the cloth that makes the modern day QB, so he should be OK. I thought he showed the National audience how really mobile he is, something anyone who had watched him play should already have known. considering that the LSU offense is more NFL-ish than almost any other NCAA Team, this season was almost like Boot Camp for Burrow.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

The short answer is no.

Clemson handed Ohio State after giving up a big lead. LSU manhandled Clemson in the second half. LSU proved that they are best team in the nation by beating Clemson who had been the best.

A TV sports anchor here in Tampa "guaranteed" that Clemson would win because the Vegas odds makers had made them the favorites. It will interesting to see if he explains himself tonight.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    OSU 41 LSU 37

How many yards did Dobbs have? I bet y'all are glad he'll be back next year.

I don't know if Ohio State would have beaten LSU but I think it would have been a better game. in the Clemson vs. Ohio State game I believe that Ohio State played a better game except for a couple of lapses which made all the difference. the biggest was the last play when Olave broke in the wrong direction. had he gone across the field and not to the corner Clemson would have lost.

• markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Obviously this is the matchup everyone wanted to see the entire season, but it didn't happen. The OSU vs Clemson game was a controversial game. Could OSU have beaten LSU?

No.

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Would have been a great game, championships are won on the field and OSU didn’t recover after a targeting and some controversial calls. There is an advantage for some teams who play closer to home, very few bowl games in Northern states.

Bullsitter, I believe JK Dobbins is entering the Draft.