Home Sports Talk

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baltimore Ravens

2nd would be San Fran.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New England Patriots

Mark Ingram got banged up yesterday so that concerns me, but as a rule of thumb, I never bet against number 12 of the New England Patriots.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baltimore Ravens

I live in reality and as much as I do have faith in the Patriots I just don’t see how they can win it this year, the Ravens and the Chiefs are too strong I think. I’m calling the Ravens vs no idea

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New England Patriots

Pats will find a way to win several close games.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seattle Seahawks

I think Russell Wilson will figure out how to get it done, probably against either the Chiefs or the Ravens.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New England Patriots

I still have faith in BB,Brady and arguably the best Pats defense in team history possibly going the distance one more time.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baltimore Ravens

RENTON, Wash. (AP) -- The Seattle Seahawks could be reuniting with former star running back Marshawn Lynch, coach Pete Carroll said during his radio show on Monday.

Carroll said Lynch is flying to Seattle and will undergo a physical later Monday. Seattle is in desperate need of running backs after Chris Carson (hip) and C.J. Prosise (arm) both suffered season-ending injuries in Sunday’s 27-13 loss to Arizona.

“He’ll be flying in here this morning and we’re going to give him a really good chance of coming back and playing for us,” Carroll said on KIRO-AM.

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭
    New Orleans Saints

The way he's playing right now, I'll take Brees and the Saints. I also think gthat what happened to them last year will just add fuel to the fire.

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    New England Patriots

Still have faith

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2019 5:50AM

I think the Pats will get some high quality HD video of their opponent and win another SB...... Brady wins #7 and passes Michael Jordan ~ thank God for footage.... the most prepared team wins again.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baltimore Ravens

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    I think the Pats will get some high quality HD video of their opponent and win another SB...... Brady wins #7 and passes Michael Jordan ~ thank God for footage.... the most prepared team wins again.

I hope your right 👍

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baltimore Ravens

New Orleans deserves to go far given last year’s bad call on pass interference.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kansas City Chiefs

i like what i have seen from the KC D the past 5 weeks or so. if they can ball out in a similar fashion come playoffs time, it will be difficult to eradicate the Chiefs. my only concern is the makeshift backfield -- as great as Mahomes & his band of cheetahs are, they're gonna have to be able to effectively run the football for myriad reasons when the Pats & Ravens & the NFC champ come a-callin.

Baltimore Ravens

artee who's your longshot play?

• arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2019 2:09PM
    other

At this point in the season and accounting for variable change, its not that I have one particular team in mind.

I think of it as risk vs reward. With the current odds, I’d sprinkle that money (or my pick in this case) amongst a good mix of dark horses vs loading up on the favorites.

Next weeks poll is completely different as is the weeks after that.

This is the NFL after all and all it takes is one play for a qb to get hurt, a dark horse to emerge, change home field advantage and or change the entire outlook of the one and done playoffs.

I always remember to keep in mind that the Vegas odds arent about who’s favored. Its about enticing people to bet so they can break even and collect the juice. That’s it.

Done pretty well past couple of years with this strategy w/ the Nationals, Clemson & the Masters.

But dont try explaining any of this to ahopkins. Will prolly go right over his head.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baltimore Ravens

@hammer1 said:

Buffalo

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
    other

@BillJones said:

@hammer1 said:

Buffalo

😉 Well with my pick, they are grouped in there.

I like my 10+ teams compared to everyone else’s one.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dallas. Still a sliver of hope.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New England Patriots

If the patriots can keep running the ball and dominating time of possession, they will be very hard to beat. Lamar can only score so many points when his team only gets the ball for 20 minutes

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kansas City Chiefs

Have to go with the Chiefs.
    Defense playing much better and it looks like Mahomes is healthy as evidenced by his
    brilliant play the last two weeks.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
    edited December 26, 2019 8:58AM
    Seattle Seahawks

If the patriots can keep running the ball and dominating time of possession, they will be very hard to beat. Lamar can only score so many points when his team only gets the ball for 20 minutes

the Ravens average drive only lasted 3:19 and they scored 62 TD's. if, by some miracle, the Patriots are able to keep the Ravens offense off the field for 40 minutes there's a chance Baltimore will still score 35+ points anyway. just like in the 37-20 loss to the Ravens, if the two Teams play again the Patriots will have trouble scoring more than Baltimore --- because --- the Ravens have a pretty good defense.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New England Patriots

Believe it or not, I do not just assume the Patriots will win every year. And I know this seems like quite a down year. But I have had the feeling all year. It has grown stronger with some of the struggles. It seems like a great year for a SB win and a Brady retirement.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    other

Baltimore will not win the SB. With their offense they will win a bunch of regular season games but when a team sees them the 2nd time around they will figure it out. Still want to see how well they do down 13 in the 3rd quarter. Buffalo is a few years away from elite. New Orleans has my vote even though I will always pull for the Bills.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
    edited January 3, 2020 7:08PM
    other

ut-um. that dolphins win shook things up quite a bit, huh?

maybe just enough for perkdog to take down that annoying, monster-sized signature picture?

edited January 4, 2020 8:26PM
    Baltimore Ravens

@Darin said:
    Defense playing much better and it looks like Mahomes is healthy as evidenced by his

50 years no SB appearances.

They sure have sucked for a very long time.

Baltimore Ravens

@hammer1 said:

@Darin said:

50 years no SB appearances.

The record speaks for itself.

The Chiefs actually have been in 2 SB's and are 1-1......beat the Viking's and lost to the Packers.

edited January 4, 2020 8:49PM
    Baltimore Ravens

Dime reread my post. 50 years no SB appearances.

1970 last time. This is 2020.

edited January 4, 2020 9:25PM
    other

@hammer1 said:

priceless!

Seattle Seahawks

Bye, Bye New England!! :p

other

and 29% of the voting field! 🤗

Baltimore Ravens

@hammer1 said:

I know what you said.......just wanted to add some info to your convenient year pick. B)

Baltimore Ravens

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

I know what you said.......just wanted to add some info to your convenient year pick. B)

50 and 100 are very normal demarcations.

I knew you didn't know that either. B)

Quick go look up demarcation. lol

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    other

Great win on the road for the Vikings!

Even though they have never been able to win the Big Game, I'm hoping with a healthy Dalvin Cook and a very good defense, they can get it done!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
    other

@JoeBanzai said:

Even though they have never been able to win the Big Game, I'm hoping with a healthy Dalvin Cook and a very good defense, they can get it done!

it’s funny watching the “other” column grow now, joe. 😉

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    other

@artee said:

@JoeBanzai said:

it’s funny watching the “other” column grow now, joe. 😉

With Cook being hurt and missing the last two games, I figured the Vikes had no chance to go to NO and win, unless it was some kind of weird game.

In looking at San Fran, I see a team we might be able to score points on, and with our defense could have a chance at a second upset. IF they can somehow get past the 49ers, it might actually get easier. We might even get to go to Lambeau and battle the Packers. I don't think they are any better than the Vikings even though they dominated us the last time we played (without Cook).

If by this miraculous series of events somehow manages to occur, and no one (Cook, Cousins) gets hurt.........well, you never know! ;-)

A LOT of 'if's" and "mights" there.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
    New Orleans Saints

Well my team is out first round, as the Saints went marching out!

Seattle Seahawks

bye-bye Ravens and now 48% of the votes have been proven wrong. as a group, our prognosticating is not very good, I would not take our money to Vegas!! o:)

New Orleans Saints

Can I switch my Saints pick to the CHIEFS?

Seattle Seahawks

wow, what a day for Football!!!

I was on my way home, turned on the radio to find the Chiefs down 24-0 and couldn't believe it. the the rest of the game they outscore Houston 51-7??? that's almost hard to comprehend. the Green Bay goes up on Seattle only to have the SeaHawks fight back and make a game out of it.

next week should be outstanding.

so now 44% of the guesses are correct with more being weeded out next week. after today it would be hard to bet against KC. B)

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New England Patriots

@keets said:
    wow, what a day for Football!!!

next week should be outstanding.

I agree.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kansas City Chiefs

WHERE is the guy on the left?

WHO is the guy in the middle?

and the guy on the right is both good looking AND smart? i bet he gets a LOT of action.

wait, isn't he the same pendejo who blurted out "the Browns will win a playoff game" while dipping in and out of a coma?

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

If anyone had a huge score on the Super Bowl, may i suggest that you PayPal everyone here $20.

It will make you feel better and make all of us feel better about your nice win.

That is until we spend the $20 and then we'd forget all about it. 😉