Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

First deal of the decade - post yours

KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold 15 SAEs & some junk silver.

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold 35 raw 1909 VDB cents on the BST :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoping it will be Saturday. Have $163 in 90% and $14 in 40% I’m hoping to unload. With silver going up a little I’m really going to try hard for 12.1x or 12x.

• Options

Best of luck @TurtleCat :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

@ricko said:
    Sold my snowblower.....Will have a service clear my walks and driveway....10 years old, sold for $100. Cheers, RickO

If we lived closer I would use your service also and split the costs

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome deal with forum member Luke Marshall. Traded some gold and silver for sealed ERP.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@1630Boston said:
    Best of luck @TurtleCat :)

Thanks! I have one advantage over myself years ago. I had a hard time with negotiation and such but being in management over the last 4 years cures me of it. It’s easy to say but hard to do without experience: be able to walk away without a done deal.

• Options

That is an awesome coin man. Congrats! You might have peaked for the year early😁

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlanLastufka said:
    I finally pulled the trigger on a 1907 High Relief Saint-Gaudens. It's been on my want list for about a decade.

Very exciting. It's been on my want list for over a decade. Congrats on a great looking coin!

• Options

@AlanLastufka said:
    I finally pulled the trigger on a 1907 High Relief Saint-Gaudens. It's been on my want list for about a decade. NGC 63+ CAC. Can't wait for it to arrive! It was an inventory item on Heritage's website. They deleted the listing as soon as they accepted my offer, and I didn't think to grab their hi-res images first, so all I have are the low-res previews to show off for now.

With them accepting my offer, it became the lowest price a 63+ has sold for on Heritage ever, CAC or not, according to their listed past auctions. So assuming the pictures are accurate (and I did ask MFeld to look the coin over before it shipped, and in summary he said "Overall, I like it a lot."), I'm pretty excited about this one.

Great looking coin! Congrats! That's one of my aspirational coins.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

From those pictures it looks awful Dang nice for a 63 even with a +!

@AlanLastufka said:
    I finally pulled the trigger on a 1907 High Relief Saint-Gaudens. It's been on my want list for about a decade. NGC 63+ CAC. Can't wait for it to arrive! It was an inventory item on Heritage's website. They deleted the listing as soon as they accepted my offer, and I didn't think to grab their hi-res images first, so all I have are the low-res previews to show off for now.

With them accepting my offer, it became the lowest price a 63+ has sold for on Heritage ever, CAC or not, according to their listed past auctions. So assuming the pictures are accurate (and I did ask MFeld to look the coin over before it shipped, and in summary he said "Overall, I like it a lot."), I'm pretty excited about this one.

• Options

Absolutely beautiful!

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought these 5 half dollars for 14X face yesterday at my LCS.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing yet for me !!! :/

Timbuk3
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlanLastufka said:
    I finally pulled the trigger on a 1907 High Relief Saint-Gaudens....

Looks fantastic from the pics. Congrats!

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

As for my first deal of the '20s, I'll post them when I get them, but there are two bust halves headed my way.

• Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭✭✭

AlanLastufka, that's a really great pickup.

mirabela
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2020 8:49PM

@AlanLastufka that is truly exciting!

Congratulations! You made a very good move and I don't believe you will ever regret it.

You were also smart to do your homework and talk to Mark Feld.

Salt her away and she will be good to you.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    CazkaboomCazkaboom Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

Off the BST

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    mirabelamirabela Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2020 5:45PM

Just bought one of these. I've never had a silver Panda. I'm thinking this is probably it for me this winter.

mirabela
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rare to find such beautiful toning on 20c pieces!

I'll second that. I looked for a Type pc. many years ago and gave up, all I could find was either dipped out coins or darkly toned coins. maybe I should start looking again. :)

• Options
    brianc1959brianc1959 Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭✭

An unexpected win on the Heritage FUN auction:

• Options
    brianc1959brianc1959 Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlanLastufka said:
    Promised I'd come back and share my own photos when this arrived. It's here now and I was able to photograph it earlier today. I think it's stunning, I've looked at a lot of these over the years, and it's one of the cleanest I remember ever seeing in this grade. Zero disappointment in hand, in fact it's better than I was expecting, which doesn't happen often for me (the "America" on the reverse isn't as "mushy" as it looks here, that's just a side effect on the dramatic lighting). I'll definitely make a "Collection Highlights" video for this one in the future, it's now the top dog in my collection.

Difficult to believe that's a 63+. Very nice.

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brianc1959 said:
    Difficult to believe that's a 63+. Very nice.

It would be really hard for me to not cross that one.
    Then I'd send it back for a regrade :)

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bought and sold a $10 Indian.

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlanLastufka very nice! :p

• Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭

One of the coins That was in my giveaway

Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file